「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 15, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #64,996 of 177,750
**** I just realized something:

Akane will point her Dominator at Kogami, with Makishima between them. Makishima will think that Akane is trying to stop Kogami. But remember what brain colony said about her unlocked Dominator? Use it in a way to show that Sibyl and Dominator still works as it is. Then she will shoot Makishima, saving Kogami from being a murderer. **** me, I've spoiled myself. I am hoping I'm wrong on all accounts, but it makes sense. All of this is in the OP btw.

Mar 15, 2013 at 10:20 AM Post #64,997 of 177,750
Quote:

I think I will enjoy them, the mad dogs, which were TO laid back and had BAD treble and TO forward mids sounded nice on my 12ua7a Clear Top RCA [still to thick in dem mids] Plus I didn't like how closed and congested they sounded... hoping the great detail I 

So the o2 Dac and the Hybrid Tubes should do wonders, and ofc the L3000 are like Alpha pads, they shift sound toward a tighter brighter sound sig

So we will see the differance between stock n L3000 pads. Plus the stock pads are apprantly pretty terrible [not  to mention they deterioate]

but thinking about it, the Mad Dog is estianlly $200 can $80 pads... so the stock w1000x is $500 can [mine has $100 pads] so I expect a little more detail and brightness! The Mads where by no means bad... just not a good tube can

I haven't ever tried anything with tubes so I can't say anything about that.

So far I think the stock pads are okay, but I'm definitely not looking forward to the day if/when they start flaking. 

For soundstaging, I'm not really sure what to say about that. Some people seem to really praise the W1000X and say that they have a great soundstage. In my opinion, I think I could say that there is realism in the sound. If we're talking about distance, I can say that there are things to the left, right and in front, but it's all within the same room as myself. Maybe I don't really get soundstaging, but at least they're not dark and I don't have any particular enclosed feeling. 

The W1000X have a bit of sparkle in the treble which helps a bit with detail and guitars and the bass can be sexy when need be and PRaT is not bad, I think.

Mar 15, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #64,998 of 177,750
Quote:
Quote:

I haven't ever tried anything with tubes so I can't say anything about that.

So far I think the stock pads are okay, but I'm definitely not looking forward to the day if/when they start flaking. 

For soundstaging, I'm not really sure what to say about that. Some people seem to really praise the W1000X and say that they have a great soundstage. In my opinion, I think I could say that there is realism in the sound. If we're talking about distance, I can say that there are things to the left, right and in front, but it's all within the same room as myself. Maybe I don't really get soundstaging, but at least they're not dark and I don't have any particular enclosed feeling. 

The W1000X have a bit of sparkle in the treble which helps a bit with detail and guitars and the bass can be sexy when need be and PRaT is not bad, I think.

I don't mind a smaller sound stage like what was on the Mad Dog, but treble sparkle sounds nice

Mar 15, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #65,000 of 177,750
Quote:
Thats a schiit load of resistors for
An amp....

LOL it's not for the amp, that's ALL of my resistors.

Also sorted some of my electrolytics just now.... still quite a bit left (the ones in the bag).

Mar 15, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #65,001 of 177,750
Been in library today. Turned out the system was offline, so I couldn't check the availability or borrow any books. They said it should probably be back up in a while. I had lots of time today, so I waited...

...4 hours. Thankfully, they had a comic book section (didn't wanted to start a book since I had no idea how much time would it take), which included some mangas as well. Read:
- 2 volumes of XIII
- 1 volume of Hellboy
- 1 volume of Largo Winch (which was a collection of 4 first original volumes)
- Three Fingers (OMGWTF?!)
- Duds Hunt (if someone hasn't read it, do it. It's pretty short and really nice)
- 1 volume of Pluto (I'm surely interested in this series now, may be really awesome)

...and it turned out, the book was already taken - till 14 April... ;_;

Mar 15, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #65,003 of 177,750
W00T!!!

I just finished sorting all of my resistors from one big pile!! :D

Dang, that's a lot of resistors!
I tried to sort all of mine last night and ran out of bags halfway through

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh nothing like winding down with Hakkin Disco after a workout. <3 Tsukihi-chan <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Shouldn't hakkin disco be a warmup song, or one you listen to while working out?

Mar 15, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #65,005 of 177,750
@mechy, no, since I use metal for warmup/workout. That gets me pump harder than hakkin disco could.

Haha, okay. That makes sense.
I don't listen to metal, so hakkin disco is one of my go-to songs.

Mar 15, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #65,007 of 177,750
Quote:
Dang, that's a lot of resistors!
I tried to sort all of mine last night and ran out of bags halfway through

get boxes like me
wink.gif

Mar 15, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #65,009 of 177,750
get boxes like me :wink:

I have one full of Xbox parts. I hate those boxes though because if they go upside down everything gets shuffled around and you have to reorganize it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back