「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Feb 28, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #61,037 of 177,750
UlbT9So.jpg

Funimation filed a copyright claim against one of its own VIDEOs by accident!!

Is what i would say. But thats not true

Usually you need to report or have the company tell Youtube or have youtube auto search and block.
This is just auto check and block

Feb 28, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #61,038 of 177,750
I would have been forever alone too if not for the... extreme measures I took :p
mechgamer:
From my experience running all my music through a real time spectrum analyzer and compressor, sibilance is a wideband phenomenon and can center on anywhere from 3-10k to boot:

An example that sorta supports your supposition, sibilance centered around 10k but note the wide area it affects.  This from a female anisong singer.

An example of sibilance at much lower frequencies, in the 5-10k range

I use the compressor to limit all frequencies to levels below the red line.  Faded line is spectrum of original sound stream, solid yellow line is spectrum of filtered sound stream.

Phones with smooth high frequency response helps but for recordings with inherent sibilance nothing helps more than a real time analyzer and compressor like this :D

Teach me about such measures, sensei!
Haha, alright. Sorry then, I was just correlating that to previous experiences.

Looks very nice!

Feb 28, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #61,039 of 177,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs 

I would have been forever alone too if not for the... extreme measures I took 
font]

mechgamer:
From my experience running all my music through a real time spectrum analyzer and compressor, sibilance is a wideband phenomenon and can center on anywhere from 3-10k to boot:

An example that sorta supports your supposition, sibilance centered around 10k but note the wide area it affects.  This from a female anisong singer.

An example of sibilance at much lower frequencies, in the 5-10k range

I use the compressor to limit all frequencies to levels below the red line.  Faded line is spectrum of original sound stream, solid yellow line is spectrum of filtered sound stream.

Phones with smooth high frequency response helps but for recordings with inherent sibilance nothing helps more than a real time analyzer and compressor like this 
font]

Not going to lie. I just swap headphones or listen to better mastered music.

Feb 28, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #61,043 of 177,750
Originally Posted by Tangster /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If it fires a nail into my head every time someone ssssays SSSSSS, it isn't far off sound as opposed to music. Music is made to be enjoyed, not endured.

Sometimes I wonder, "how could the recording engineer miss the massive sibilance?".

Feb 28, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #61,047 of 177,750
Here's a noob question that I might just better off dead than asking

To get input from other source, I need to plug into the corxcoax is it? Then, I have to find a converter from male coax to female 3.5mm is it (if that even exixt that is)?

Also, the DAC out and AMP in uses RCA right?

Feb 28, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #61,049 of 177,750
Here's a noob question that I might just better off dead than asking

To get input from other source, I need to plug into the corxcoax is it? Then, I have to find a converter from male coax to female 3.5mm is it (if that even exixt that is)?

Also, the DAC out and AMP in uses RCA right?
If you want two inputs to dac, you plug one in usb and one in coaxial. I do not know which one is the preferred one. So if both are plugged in. I dont know which one it will choose

But no. 3.5mm regular analog audio out cant work with coaxial.

Feb 28, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #61,050 of 177,750
Quote:
If you want two inputs to dac, you plug one in usb and one in coaxial. I do not know which one is the preferred one. So if both are plugged in. I dont know which one it will choose

But no. 3.5mm regular analog audio out cant work with coaxial.

Is there some kind of converter? Googling male coax to female 3.5 didn't give anything

Nvm. I forgot what goes inside 3.5mm cables are analog (DUH!). So I can only use the amp LOL. Oh well. Not like my phone can use a DAC anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Back