「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Feb 20, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #58,561 of 177,744
Quote:
@boris did you see my v3 pics? I'm kind of bugging everyone for what the think of it :p. Perhaps I just like the sound of praise...

Yep, looks great, it's amazing how close the real thing looks compared to the renders from earlier.
I can't seem to tell what's on your artwork tho.....
Quote:
hm? it's a bb dac? I thought it was a cl logic dac, but that doesn't matter lol.

No, the DAC is from CL
Opamp is from BB

Feb 20, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #58,562 of 177,744
Quote:
I think she'd be more concerned with hundreds bein spent. And that giant peanut bag.

Yep
biggrin.gif

Feb 20, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #58,563 of 177,744
Quote:
It's the cheapest backlit board in the UK. You murrican's get more choice and lower prices(case in point Mechy's board, even covering the $50 shipping is £50 cheaper than the UK price).
The volume controller was well packed. Nice folded cardboard cutout. I hope the TH600 comes in nicer packaging than the T50RRP...

Well, The Razer tenkeyless keyboard is less than $100 here in Malaysia. But then again, that's not backlit

Feb 20, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #58,564 of 177,744
Quote:
hm? it's a bb dac? I thought it was a cl logic dac, but that doesn't matter lol.

Meh, it's a beauty :) the black beauty. Green Hornet.

Screwing it back on. Ah, Great to know it was like that on purpose.. May I ask why? 

No, Burr Brown amplifier with JRC amps for output buffer. Meaning HUGE POWER output(relatively) with the Burr Brown amp doing the coloring 

We needed to regulate how the unit would 'seperate' and how its buttons would be controlled, timed delays and all that stuff. Without a command hub, it would have been extremely hard to impossible
Quote:
Chinese bulk pricing for you.

i know, no shipping cost too and he can just go and buy them easily!
Quote:
I think she'd be more concerned with hundreds bein spent. And that giant peanut bag.

@Bowei
Did Koreans ever rub many other countries the wrong side? o.o
Well, aside from lately, claiming everything originated from Korea (such as Confucius, lol)
On the other hand Japan...
Feels as if Taiwan is the only place in the pacific they didn't cause mass hate.

lol, that bag was huge.

I'm not versed in Ancient Korean history but for a better part of the 1700-1900's, the Koreans were basically the little follower of China, and then Japan, and then China and America respectively. Korean culture was always based on emulating superior Chinese culture. The Chinese gave them the culture, but they did it in a way that was like holding a stick with a treat on it to a puppy. It was good to have a country/people worship your system but we didn't want those 'Koreans' to be fully like us or to be equal to us. Come the 1900's, the Koreans were under Japanese rule. Most S.Korean leaders were autocratic Japanese emphasizers during the early ROK government for this reason. During this time period, they were the puppies of the Soviet Union and Japan. And then later on, the puppies of America, and then China.

In their entire history, they were puppies. THIS IS EXACTLY WHY N Korea split apart and wanted to be its own man under the doctrine of Juche or self individualism.

So did Korea ever amass hate? Yep. From its own people typically. The S.Koreans during the early parts of the ROK actually revolted against the government and against the Americans and for good reason. The Japanese of course hated them for being 'inferior' but that is about it I think.

Again, not a professor at ancient K history but more of one modernly

Taiwan is the ROC. The ROC held up and was the main active force in fighting the Empire of Japan. However, in the end, due to unwise descisions by Chaing Sheik, the elite forces were slaughtered. At the end, ROC forces fled many cities and thus led to some hate from the populace.  (they gave up the capital for example, not their fault but none the less, the civillians saw cowards) I am not skilled in that part of history to tell you how much did the civillians see it as being deserted but it wasn't good.

Late political descisions by the ROC in the main land were unwise(autocratic towards the people) and followed by their weakened military status as the main force fighting the Japanese and other factors led to their downfall.

So yeah, the ROC did have hate incured towards them at the end as they could no longer control their system or protect the people. 

The ROC had hate incurred on it from the Empire of Japan and Communist Party of Naturaly.

America didn't like what the ROC was doing. By the end, funds sent to ROC were meant to be used for aid and infrastructure, not war, which Sheik didn't follow so that incurred some American distaste to them as well.

Feb 20, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #58,568 of 177,744
@boris,

I'm guessing the fact that when you power PH on it doesn't remember your previous I/O settings and defaults to an on position so that I have to push the button to get it to turn on is part of the muting mechanism?

Feb 20, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #58,569 of 177,744
Quote:
@boris,

I'm guessing the fact that when you power PH on it doesn't remember your previous I/O settings and defaults to an on position so that I have to push the button to get it to turn on is part of the muting mechanism?

Mine remembers that I had gain or I/O on?

Feb 20, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #58,571 of 177,744
Quote:
@boris,

It remembers your previous settings as long as you dont pull the power on he back.
Its stored on volatile RAM.

Feb 20, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #58,572 of 177,744
Quote:
Mine remembers that I had gain or I/O on?

Seems like over long periods of time it forgets? I went to class and came back and it didn't work but after a quick 10 second power off it remembers. I don't know I'll test to make sure tomorrow. I also switched over to my speakers for a little bit, (digital input to.. are the normal headphone jacks considered analog input?).

Feb 20, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #58,573 of 177,744
Quote:
1, 3-hour lab later and there's over 150 posts. Don't want to read since I'm heading out to dinner soon.
Out of curiosity, why did you guys switch out the standard op-amp of the O2 to the OPA 2134?

It didn't cost anything extra. For Borisu in HK, it was negligable cost anyway.

We got a completed O2 with Burr Brown op amp for about $18-$22.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back