「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 28, 2012 at 1:44 AM Post #46,201 of 177,750
Quote:
It's the ESP Project 06 - Hi-Fi Phono Preamp (RIAA Equalisation)

No, I wanna give it a cool name like custom-fi or project H :frowning2:

Dec 28, 2012 at 1:52 AM Post #46,204 of 177,750
Dec 28, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #46,206 of 177,750
Here's the final build. I'm worried that there's no cooler though...
If you guy's are wondering about the price, Just divide it by 3

Xeon E1230v2 - RM 6xx
ASRock Z77 Pro 3 - RM 3xx
8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600 CL9 - RM 1xx
24X LG DVD RW - RM 5x
Intel 520 SSD 120GB - RM 3xx
Sapphire 7850 (non OC) - RM 5xx
Dell U2312HM - RM 5xx
NZXT Source 210 Black + White - RM 1xx
2TB WD AVGP - RM 3xx
Rosewill Hive 650M - RM 2xx
RM 3622

Palit 660Ti Jetstream - add RM450
Sapphire 7870 - add RM200

Dec 28, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #46,209 of 177,750
Quote:
Here's the final build. I'm worried that there's no cooler though...
If you guy's are wondering about the price, Just divide it by 3

Xeon E1230v2 - RM 6xx
ASRock Z77 Pro 3 - RM 3xx
8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600 CL9 - RM 1xx
24X LG DVD RW - RM 5x
Intel 520 SSD 120GB - RM 3xx
Sapphire 7850 (non OC) - RM 5xx
Dell U2312HM - RM 5xx
NZXT Source 210 Black + White - RM 1xx
2TB WD AVGP - RM 3xx
Rosewill Hive 650M - RM 2xx
RM 3622

Palit 660Ti Jetstream - add RM450
Sapphire 7870 - add RM200

I don't really know prices there and part availbility but it looks fine. Asrock's power phases are a bit low but you aren't overclocking anyway.

Not sure if there is a better deal on GPU but I guess that's fine anyway.

The motherboard does not officially support or say it supports Xeon processors. Most of the time it should be fine but I would ask ot make sure.

Dec 28, 2012 at 2:28 AM Post #46,210 of 177,750
Quote:
Dewd the thing can manipulate gravity. It can do what it wants.

......ehh it's an anime. I'll let it slide.

But they specifically already mentioned that it was impossible. Their craft literally 

moved at the speed of light and hit Mars

Quote:

SCREW YOU! JKJKJK

LAWL!

For the project's name, I vote for Project Fudge

I vote

Project Pony

Dec 28, 2012 at 2:39 AM Post #46,211 of 177,750
Quote:
I don't really know prices there and part availbility but it looks fine. Asrock's power phases are a bit low but you aren't overclocking anyway.

Not sure if there is a better deal on GPU but I guess that's fine anyway.

The motherboard does not officially support or say it supports Xeon processors. Most of the time it should be fine but I would ask ot make sure.

Speaking of power, is it possible to build a PC with it's idle power consumption under say... 50W?
If I ever get a PC, power would be one of my major factors to consider, because I leave my computer on 24/7.
My MBP's idle power is around 12W.

Dec 28, 2012 at 2:47 AM Post #46,212 of 177,750
Quote:
Speaking of power, is it possible to build a PC with it's idle power consumption under say... 50W?
If I ever get a PC, power would be one of my major factors to consider, because I leave my computer on 24/7.
My MBP's idle power is around 12W.

PC=Personal Computer

[size=12.727272033691406px]any general-purpose [/size][size=12.727272033691406px]computer[/size][size=12.727272033691406px] whose size, capabilities, and original sales price make it useful for individuals, and which is intended to be operated directly by an [/size][size=12.727272033691406px]end-user[/size][size=12.727272033691406px] with no intervening computer operator.[/size]

So yes.

Build? It depends. But there are some like the Rasberry Pi. There are many other micro controllers and units that can function as a PC.

Oh IDLE power consumption huh.

A big misconception of power is prevelant. With my power wasting HD monitor, old Sony monitor, desktop amp unit, powered speakers, and desktop on with various lights open. I am only pulling 203W. 

So yeah. Idle 50W IS REALLY easy. Most home desktop computers pull 50W on regular usage. This is in terms of the amount of power being taken from the home's power source. The power supply of a PC and how it uses that power and distributes it is much different. 

HTCP's draw something like 10W from the outlet(without monitor) .

Dec 28, 2012 at 2:54 AM Post #46,213 of 177,750
My nit picks at Infinite Ryvius

First of all, it makes time go very fast in terms of what happens and then will revert to very slow time without any warning. It makes sequences of events and the actual urgency hard to follow. This is done as space battles obviously do take a lot of time. Something other anime don't focus on. The projectory of stuff

I loved their Mars landing project. IT WAS REAL!! thank you! Any beginner physicist would know that you don't JUST land directly on the planet. That is hard to calculate, leaves much room to error and is VERY VERY in-efficent. You thus in most circumstances would follow the rotation of the planet and land. 

Ok, the Mars scene with the Guarder was ridiculous. They already mention that its idle speed of 20G would kill anyone on board. But within seconds, it pushed a meterorite and everything away. The station everyone is in has to follow the Guardian within a distance and so it is also flying at uber speed. I won't even mention how the size of that crater would have caused tremendous shockwaves through the planet killing whatever maybe lived there and also everyone in the station. 

Party Scene. Ok so during the party, SUDDENLY out of nowhere, for the first time. A news report from MArs is shown. The first signal taken from Mars basically. Why was this signal not received earlier. They are in a rotational axis with Mars. Next, it just so happened to be that their TV their is set so that a TV signal would overtake whatever is currently being shown immidately? What? They had no control? And third, it showed up just as they were discussing their ship.

Weapons. Like any anime, there are some things that the viewer would wonder but isn't mentioned in the anime. For this, why didn't the Z members procure weapons first? And later on, it was never mentioned to the viewer the ship had any weapons until they were fired. I noticed that it might but that was implied.

Dec 28, 2012 at 2:55 AM Post #46,214 of 177,750
Quote:
PC=Personal Computer
So yes.
Build? It depends. But there are some like the Rasberry Pi. There are many other micro controllers and units that can function as a PC.

Oh IDLE power consumption huh.

A big misconception of power is prevelant. With my power wasting HD monitor, old Sony monitor, desktop amp unit, powered speakers, and desktop on with various lights open. I am only pulling 203W. 

So yeah. Idle 50W IS REALLY easy. Most home desktop computers pull 50W on regular usage. This is in terms of the amount of power being taken from the home's power source. The power supply of a PC and how it uses that power and distributes it is much different. 

HTCP's draw something like 10W from the outlet(without monitor) .

Oh C'mon, I'm sure you KNOW I meant desktop computers by that........
If you want to point out my misuse of terminology, I can point out yours......

If most PCs only draws 50W, why is it necessary to have 700W power supplies??'

What's HTCP?

Dec 28, 2012 at 3:03 AM Post #46,215 of 177,750
Quote:
My nit picks at Infinite Ryvius

First of all, it makes time go very fast in terms of what happens and then will revert to very slow time without any warning. It makes sequences of events and the actual urgency hard to follow. This is done as space battles obviously do take a lot of time. Something other anime don't focus on. The projectory of stuff

I loved their Mars landing project. IT WAS REAL!! thank you! Any beginner physicist would know that you don't JUST land directly on the planet. That is hard to calculate, leaves much room to error and is VERY VERY in-efficent. You thus in most circumstances would follow the rotation of the planet and land. 

Ok, the Mars scene with the Guarder was ridiculous. They already mention that its idle speed of 20G would kill anyone on board. But within seconds, it pushed a meterorite and everything away. The station everyone is in has to follow the Guardian within a distance and so it is also flying at uber speed. I won't even mention how the size of that crater would have caused tremendous shockwaves through the planet killing whatever maybe lived there and also everyone in the station. 

Party Scene. Ok so during the party, SUDDENLY out of nowhere, for the first time. A news report from MArs is shown. The first signal taken from Mars basically. Why was this signal not received earlier. They are in a rotational axis with Mars. Next, it just so happened to be that their TV their is set so that a TV signal would overtake whatever is currently being shown immidately? What? They had no control? And third, it showed up just as they were discussing their ship.

Weapons. Like any anime, there are some things that the viewer would wonder but isn't mentioned in the anime. For this, why didn't the Z members procure weapons first? And later on, it was never mentioned to the viewer the ship had any weapons until they were fired. I noticed that it might but that was implied.

What episode is that 20g line in. I would have sworn they subverted that fact right after saying so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back