「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 9, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #43,381 of 177,750
Quote:
I think that your (bad) definition of romance (rom coms and harems) should be divided over SoL and humor.
I do think that satire is different from comedy, but if anything it is indeed the next best thing to put it under.
I think it's best to remove the categories 'sports', 'sci-fi' and 'horror' because they are so rare. They can fit in under 'plot', 'humor', 'action' or 'SoL' depending on the anime.

Makes sense. But Sports is big. It's just besides Bdawk, none of us care for sports anime of which it is still quite popular in japan.

More than 1 anime in each category in my opinion still makes sense as it can fit in each

Obviously the rom com and harems won't win the romance section. But even with that said, some in the past fit multiple categories. For example, toradora was a rom com that would have won the romance section if it came out this year, it was also a SoL and also humour. Clannad would fit into all the same categories as well and may have won two of them.

Dec 9, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #43,383 of 177,750
Concise version then.

Best Action
JoJo

Best Romance
Acchi Kocchi

Best SoL 
Nichibros

Best Humour
Jinrui

Best Story/Plot
Psycho-Pass

Best art
Jinrui

Best Main Character
Koko Hekmatyar.

Best supporting Character
Will A. Zeppeli

Remember bowei, no cheating by putting three anime in one catergory, i.e. cheating by putting 3 crappy rom com into "Romance" or whatever it was.

Dec 9, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #43,384 of 177,750
Makes sense. But Sports is big. It's just besides Bdawk, none of us care for sports anime of which it is still quite popular in japan.

More than 1 anime in each category in my opinion still makes sense as it can fit in each

Obviously the rom com and harems won't win the romance section. But even with that said, some in the past fit multiple categories. For example, toradora was a rom com that would have won the romance section if it came out this year, it was also a SoL and also humour. Clannad would fit into all the same categories as well and may have won two of them.

No, sports is not big. Go to your wikipedia list and count all the sports anime.

I count:
Knights in the Area (football)
Kuroko's Basketball
Prince of Tennis
Saki (mahjong)
Teekyuu (Tennis)

That's 5 out of 138. That's such a small minority that it's not worth its own category.

How much does the amplifier it needs to be plugged into cost? Yours that is? I know there are some portable ones and what not.

You can get yourself a Stax rig for $600. That's pretty good.

I got mine for ~$200 (SR-202) and ~$300 (SRD-7 Mk. II). Total $500 for an awesome rig. Totally worth it.

A new HD 650 costs $400. It's not that much more, and to be honest, I think my rig is worth twice as much as an HD650 in terms of sound.

Dec 9, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #43,385 of 177,750
Concise version then.
Best Action
JoJo

Best Romance
Acchi Kocchi

Best SoL 
Nichibros

Best Humour
Jinrui

Best Story/Plot
Psycho-Pass

Best art
Jinrui

Best Main Character
Koko Hekmatyar.

Will A. Zeppeli

Remember bowei, no cheating by putting three anime in one catergory, i.e. cheating by putting 3 crappy rom com into "Romance" or whatever it was.

Mind you guys, though, I will do a proper list with explanations justifications why my list is Truth and way more superior in a future blog post.

Dec 9, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #43,386 of 177,750
Quote:
Don't do it.
The SR-202 is soooooo much better.

Arguably, the're different. Does the SR-202 have as much bass impact as the HD650?
Quote:
No, sports is not big. Go to your wikipedia list and count all the sports anime.
I count:
Kuroko's Basketball
Prince of Tennis
Saki (mahjong)
Teekyuu (Tennis)
That's 5 out of 138. That's such a small minority that it's not worth its own category.
I got mine for ~$200 (SR-202) and ~$300 (SRD-7 Mk. II). Total $500 for an awesome rig. Totally worth it.
A new HD 650 costs $400. It's not that much more, and to be honest, I think my rig is worth twice as much as an HD650 in terms of sound.

The only SR-202 I can find on the FS forums right now is ~$250 IIRC, and the SRD-7 needs a speaker amp to work correctly, also going off memory on that one... Am I right though?

Dec 9, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #43,387 of 177,750
Quote:
I count:
Kuroko's Basketball
Prince of Tennis
Saki (mahjong)
Teekyuu (Tennis)

But the HD650 is sold used for about $300-$350 and Bdawk already has a conventional amp.

Quote:
Concise version then.
Best Action
JoJo
Best Romance
Acchi Kocchi
Best SoL 
Nichibros
Best Humour
Jinrui
Best Story/Plot
Psycho-Pass
Best art
Jinrui
Best Main Character
Koko Hekmatyar.
Will A. Zeppeli

Best Action
Fate/Zero
Best Romance 
Ano Natsu
Best SoL 
Chuunibyou
Best Humour
Kokoro Connect
Best Story/Plot
Psycho-Pass
Best art
Sankarea (extremely sleek and modern with hue and lighting all throughout)
Best Main Character

Dec 9, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #43,388 of 177,750
Quote:
Don't do it.
The SR-202 is soooooo much better.

To you maybe. I also, don't have a stat amp.

edit: I really just have no desire to get into Electrostats at the moment and the sound signature of the 202 is not what I'm looking for honestly.

Dec 9, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #43,391 of 177,750
Alright, Borisu is dead or sleeping or something right now, so again, P-H is stalled >_<
I think he should just send the files as they are to the case maker and see if they look right on that guy's setup...
Here's the final drawings for the front and back silkscreens unless someone wants something else or notices a fault:

Dec 9, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #43,393 of 177,750
Arguably, the're different. Does the SR-202 have as much bass impact as the HD650?
The only SR-202 I can find on the FS forums right now is ~$250 IIRC, and the SRD-7 needs a speaker amp to work correctly, also going off memory on that one... Am I right though?

Bass impact ain't everything, son. It's the only area it is lacking in.
Bass extension however is still really deep.

Yes, SRD-7 needs a speaker amp, which was no problem in my case since I have a pretty decent speaker amp already. You can also get a cheap Stax amp for $300 and up.
You can get a new SR-207 + SRS-2170 for $600.

Dec 9, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #43,394 of 177,750
Quote:

To you maybe. I also, don't have a stat amp.

edit: I really just have no desire to get into Electrostats at the moment and the sound signature of the 202 is not what I'm looking for honestly.

Did you hear it at NY meet?
Quote:
Why did you list Kokoro Connect under humor? If anything it was very serious and dramatic.

I found it funny many times. Pretty general remember. Clannad was very serious and dramatic in the last 10 episodes but from the first 10 episodes of S2, it was more or less humour and SoL and slight Romance.
Quote:
Alright, Borisu is dead or sleeping or something right now, so again, P-H is stalled >_<
I think he should just send the files as they are to the case maker and see if they look right on that guy's setup...
Here's the final drawings for the front and back silkscreens unless someone wants something else or notices a fault:

Probably the former.

Looks pretty good :)

REtro 8 bit type wording?

Dec 9, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #43,395 of 177,750
Quote:
Bass impact ain't everything, son. It's the only area it is lacking in.
Bass extension however is still really deep.
Yes, SRD-7 needs a speaker amp, which was no problem in my case since I have a pretty decent speaker amp already. You can also get a cheap Stax amp for $300 and up.
You can get a new SR-207 + SRS-2170 for $600.

yep, kind of totally 100% disinterested now LOL

edit: @Jgray looking at it now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back