「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 9, 2012 at 2:35 AM Post #34,621 of 177,745
Quote:
Heres the big old thing I got directed to when I asked about it:

Not sure if you've been following up but our thread is designing a unit codenamed project H
It will be the size of a Schiit Asgard if not smaller.

It is a budget unit for people in our thread that want price to performance ratio

It is composed of:
An Custom Objective 2 Amplifier with Burr Brown op amps(2134 or 2228 or whatever you want)
A custom PCB with microprocessor for I/O and controls
Cirrus Logic CS4398 DAC with optical or coaxil(choose one) input for 192KHz and USB for 48KHz

Basically the idea is that as you can easily make and DIY these in HK where our friend Borisu is, this will work. Many of the steps have been cleared already

The O2 and the DAC will retain their inputs or outputs. Meaing the DAC will have its own RCA fixed line out on the back and the O2 will retain its RCA input on the back as well. This is where the microproccessor custom board that was made by Borisu comes in. The two parts themselves generally function as one internally but with this complex middle man, it will be safely and easily switchable so that you can just be using the CS4398 and use some other amp you just got from the store with it or use the O2 with another DAC you just got, using a switch was the first thought but that would be unsafe as from Borisu's calculations, you can fry a unit if you forget to switch it.

The mounting and types of screws and switches are being designed in CAD or 3D design shops right now but most of the buttons should be push in and side illuminated(think the power button on the E17).

The case will be custom made as well.

Our target price total, after parts, borisu building these, initial costs as he needs to pay for the recuperation of the custom designs, him building it, the mass 10 boards he will be getting for O2's and total shipping form HK to U.S.A or HK to anywhere is expected to be $150-$200

It will use a 6.3mm headphone jack of course.

We now have 3-4 people getting it, with 5, we may be able to drop total cost down to $130.

The CS4398 is Cirrus Logics FLAGSHIP, I do not have exp with WM8740 in E17 and CS4398 but Kiteki, you know who that is, has, and he prefers the CS4398. As it sounds less digital in his words and much more natural.
It will have USB and S/PDIF
its amp section is a REAL FULL Objective amplifier inside it with Burr Brown op amps
the DAC and amp will retain their RCA inputs and outputs. How?
With a custom PCB with a CPU onboard controlling it so you can still use the DAC with any other amp you buy new
or with the O2 you can use any other DAC as they will have RCA inputs and out on the back controled by a custom PCB. It will be housed in a custom case the siz eof if not smaller than a Schiit Asgard
price after shipping and workman costs if we get 5 people (we have 3-4) is about $150 if not LOWER.
6.3mm (1/4) inch headphone jack output
and push in light up switches like the power button on the E17 Haiby didn't want it
if you want one, you can pre order it for $30+

Though I don't think those are final. There are some constant changing of plans as of now

Oct 9, 2012 at 2:35 AM Post #34,622 of 177,745
Quote:

You are saying that because of the differences of living standard. $150 is a lot here actually. Though, food is a different matter. That amount of money is enough for a month at least

LOL. I heard GW2 is boring especially at the end game

Well, nothing much except Project H. Wanna get one too?

Ahhhh I see I guess that makes the perspectives different I suppose. But, for me, I think its a good price.

And eck. GW2. I have bad enough habits already that keep me away from studying >_>; adding an MMO is just like. A terrible idea. I still remember when I played maplestory and slept for like 2 hours/day for like 2 weeks getting to 200. that was awful.

And I actually have very little to no idea about any specifics about project H; it does sound cool though~ cool enough for me to want to chip in and try one out.

Oct 9, 2012 at 2:39 AM Post #34,623 of 177,745
Quote:
And eck. GW2. I have bad enough habits already that keep me away from studying >_>; adding an MMO is just like. A terrible idea. I still remember when I played maplestory and slept for like 2 hours/day for like 2 weeks getting to 200. that was awful.

And I actually have very little to no idea about any specifics about project H; it does sound cool though~ cool enough for me to want to chip in and try one out.

WOW...200 in just 2 weeks? Mega grinding...I quit when I reached lvl 41. Too hard to lvl up and I pretty much screwed my stats

Just wait for Boris to finalize it. That or I missed the finalized version

Oct 9, 2012 at 2:41 AM Post #34,624 of 177,745
Oct 9, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #34,625 of 177,745
Check out my sig for the latest fad, and planning for incoming fads.

Well, I'm in.

Heres the big old thing I got directed to when I asked about it:

Cool, thanks.

Welcome by the way, I'm an old timer in this thread. ^^

LOL. I heard GW2 is boring especially at the end game

Well, nothing much except Project H. Wanna get one too?

Yeah, there's nothing to do at endgame, hence why I lost all motivation to play. 
tongue.gif

Aww come on, you know I'm a stat guy, so I'd have no use for it at all.

But I can't just stand here and watch my bro's embark on a project WITHOUT me! I'm in, even if it's just to help lower costs for the rest of the gang.

Oct 9, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #34,627 of 177,745
Quote:
Aww come on, you know I'm a stat guy, so I'd have no use for it at all.

But I can't just stand here and watch my bro's embark on a project WITHOUT me! I'm in, even if it's just to help lower costs for the rest of the gang.

LAWL!
Just too much money to waste. It's better if you buy or build your own B22. At least you CAN USE it...

...or buy it for US. LAWL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back