「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 9, 2012 at 12:36 AM Post #34,577 of 177,745
Quote:

The T50RP is only around $100. Just to give you how does a planar driver sounds like

Hmm.. meh. I can wait until my friend comes back home for winter break and try out his LCD-2's, no big rush. I tend to take forever to decide to buy anything over like $150 until I've done like 2 weeks of research and then after that watch the price for like a month to wait for it to drop to the lowest xD. Now things that are on sale and under $30~40... i buy way too many of that I don't need.

Oct 9, 2012 at 12:38 AM Post #34,579 of 177,745
Quote:
Hmm.. meh. I can wait until my friend comes back home for winter break and try out his LCD-2's, no big rush. I tend to take forever to decide to buy anything over like $150 until I've done like 2 weeks of research and then after that watch the price for like a month to wait for it to drop to the lowest xD. Now things that are on sale and under $30~40... i buy way too many of that I don't need.

Welcome to Head-fi. Sorry about your wallet

Oct 9, 2012 at 12:42 AM Post #34,580 of 177,745
Quote:
D: positive attitude! Though, meh if you're boss at electronics head-fiers spend ridiculous amounts of money from what i've seen so i suppose you could still pretty easily make a living :p.

Me doing business for a living? BLASPHEMY!
I plan on getting a doctorate degree and doing research for the rest of my life! 

Oct 9, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #34,581 of 177,745
Quote:

Welcome to Head-fi. Sorry about your wallet

It's okay I give myself a base amount of money I have to have in my bank account at all times and can't ever dip into that except for bills/then I can't buy anything again until I get back over that limit. I bump it up every few months. Works out pretty well.. so far until I want a 1k+ pair of headphones >_<

Me doing business for a living? BLASPHEMY!
I plan on getting a doctorate degree and doing research for the rest of my life! 

Looooooooooool. What's your major? Or what are you studying?

Oct 9, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #34,584 of 177,745
Quote:
@28980
I once tried something like that. Never worked. I'm the kind of person that shops as much as I can at one time instead of spending bit by bit a lot of time

Mmmm depends if I really want it I guess; I bought most my computer parts on sale over time in like a 1 month period. Then after having it built for like 20 days I saw the 670 go on sale.. so I returned my 480 with a some lame dysfunctionality excuse so they wouldn't charge me the restocking fee and got the 670 xD. Well the 480 was a bit finicky but I fixed it but w/e. It was like a $150 increase in price and my justification for it was that if I got an aftermarket fan for the 480 it would be like $60 and the 670 came with borderlands 2 which is like a $60 value.. soo.. it was only like 30$ more right? But now I miss my 480 because it ran so hot and I'm being cheap about gas and refusing to turn it on so its so freaking cold in my aprt.

Also, I think all the richest people in the world are already businessmen/entrepreneurs 

Oct 9, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #34,586 of 177,745
Quote:

Yeah, though relative to the overall price you're already paying, a few extra dollars for shipping isn't too worrying.

If I was "rich" and in "business" I would have to kill myself.

Actually been looking into the t50rps even though I just said I would wait until winter break to try my friends lcd-2's these look kinda awesome.. what's the paradox compose of? from what I found it was just like a headband that had paper and holes punched into it and hairties o_O. why does changing the padding/headband do so much for these?

Oct 9, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #34,587 of 177,745
Quote:
Actually been looking into the t50rps even though I just said I would wait until winter break to try my friends lcd-2's these look kinda awesome.. what's the paradox compose of? from what I found it was just like a headband that had paper and holes punched into it and hairties o_O. why does changing the padding/headband do so much for these?

It's a secret actually.
Nobody knows what is modded since it's personally made and tuned by LFF

Oct 9, 2012 at 1:02 AM Post #34,588 of 177,745
Quote:
It's a secret actually.
Nobody knows what is modded since it's personally made and tuned by LFF

Intressssting. What does he need to do them/how much does he charge? Pads and headphones were mentioned above, and from the little bit I read it seems like these http://www.amazon.com/Shure-HPAEC840-Replacement-Cushions-Headphones/dp/B002Z9JWZS are the most popular pads I think? 

Fffffffffff. I just spent $250 today and actually am pretty close to my limit.. But i do get paid next monday sooooooo... >_@#!@JDKSNA:D^_^^^^>_>_^>

Oct 9, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #34,589 of 177,745
Quote:

He mods the inside of the cups, but yeah don't know exactly how as it's a secret. Paradox owners can't open them up and look inside either without destroying them because they are hermetically sealed. The suspension headband is just a bonus to make them more comfortable, and he doesn't use paper. He uses what looks like repurposed shoulder pads or something.

Oct 9, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #34,590 of 177,745
Quote:
Intressssting. What does he need to do them/how much does he charge? Pads and headphones were mentioned above, and from the little bit I read it seems like these http://www.amazon.com/Shure-HPAEC840-Replacement-Cushions-Headphones/dp/B002Z9JWZS are the most popular pads I think? 

Fffffffffff. I just spent $250 today and actually am pretty close to my limit.. But i do get paid next monday sooooooo... >_@#!@JDKSNA:D^_^^^^>_>_^>

The Paradox uses FA-003 or Hifiman pads. You have to buy your own T50RPs ($100-130), pads ($20), and then the basic Paradox mod is $350, more if you want a paint job and recable. You would probably also want a Vmoda cable ($10-20).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back