「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 7, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #34,276 of 177,750
Oct 7, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #34,277 of 177,750
Meh. Akito. Typical reaction to typical style of anime. Expected.
@tilpo, aww too bad. Well I've touched both of those in manga form, so it's a given that I must now watch it. In fact, Jojo's BA is one of the first thing that I hardcore marathon to the point of not sleeping. I can't remember the last time I did that kind of marathon. I guess I did once for Oyasumi Punpun. It got me very very very depressed though.

+1 on Punpun.
I marathoned it in one day. It was the day after I marathoned the bulk of 20th century boys. I was also skiing in the Alps that week.
It was a rather awesome week.

This winter I'll be going to the exact same apartment. I recon it's going to be an awesome week yet again.

Oct 7, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #34,279 of 177,750
Quote:

Hm. Does it necessarily have to be a button? Why not a switch? If it already has to be a button though, I agree, back would be weird.

Couldn't find any better buttons then? Well, I myself don't mind having everything on the front. Just trying to compromise with Haibu :)

A button on the back is stupid. It has to be a rocker switch. Toggle switches stick out too far.

I can work with the vandal switches actually.

Oct 7, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #34,280 of 177,750
Quote:

Basically all the I/O functions are contained in a single button, right?

Haibu is unclear on this I think...

Yup, I'm not really following.

We would need 2 indicators though, one for the DAC, the other for the amp. The indicator would light up when on and turn off when the unit isn't on. Both of the lights will be on if both are connected...that would be pretty neat.

Oct 7, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #34,281 of 177,750
A button on the back is stupid. It has to be a rocker switch. Toggle switches stick out too far.

I can work with the vandal switches actually.

No it's not completely stupid.
While I agree switches on the back are a huge PITA, it is necessary. If you don't, then you'd have to have wires carrying AC mains throughout the entire unit, which causes interference. Or you can do the switching with relays, which requires more parts can complexity.
In this case it's not really a problem though, since you're using a wall wart instead of a built-in power supply functioning on AC mains.

Oct 7, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #34,282 of 177,750
Quote:

We would need 2 indicators though, one for the DAC, the other for the amp. The indicator would light up when on and turn off when the unit isn't on. Both of the lights will be on if both are connected...that would be pretty neat.

That's not how it works. The units don't turn on and off separately as far as I know.

Oct 7, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #34,283 of 177,750
@Haibu
We would only need 1 indicator, which is the LED already above the I/O button. It only toggles between two different states I think.

This is how I imagine it:

Off = internal or 'single unit' mode
On = external or 'separate units' mode

Oct 7, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #34,284 of 177,750
That's not how it works. The units don't turn on and off separately as far as I know.

While that may be true, it's not like it's difficult having one led connected to the amp, and the other to the DAC. :p

Watching so far:

- Chuunibyou demo Koi ga ****ai!
This show is awesome so far. Just as expected of a KyoAni work.
8/10

- Little Busters!
Meh, it's pretty bad. I can't believe this is a work of Key looking at the first ep.
5/10

- Shinsekai yori
Average. The premise of the show seems interesting, but the second ep left me a bit cold.
6/10

- Sukitte Ii na yo.
Teenage angst high school shoujo. Win.
Don't like the art style though. Looks almost the same as that of Hiiro no Kakera, which is weird since it's a different producer.
7/10

- Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Teenage angst high school shoujo. Win.
I do like the art style of this one. This one is strangely similar to Sukitte Ii na yo. Both have a tsundere girl without friends that is bullied, and a kiss scene in the first episode.
8/10

Oct 7, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #34,286 of 177,750
Quote:
While that may be true, it's not like it's difficult having one led connected to the amp, and the other to the DAC.
tongue.gif

I don't doubt it. It just seems pointless to me, and would clutter up the panel with more LEDs. 
redface.gif

Oct 7, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #34,287 of 177,750
@Haibu
We would only need 1 indicator, which is the LED already above the I/O button. It only toggles between two different states I think.

This is how I imagine it:

Off = internal or 'single unit' mode
On = external or 'separate units' mode

It would be more awesome to have a two-color led.

Off = device is turned off.
Blue = 'single unit' mode
Red = external or 'separate units' mode

Or using different colors.

Oct 7, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #34,290 of 177,750
Im loving my seperate unit idea :) all those single units that i wish i could use a dac with the amp or an amp with the dac. No more!! Want an amp for that dac? Heres an objective 2 with bb op amps. Want a dac for that amp? Heres a flagship cirrus logic that kiteki likes! Price? Before shipping, if we get enough people it is looking like its $150

Users who are viewing this thread

Back