「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 19, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #19 of 177,745
I dropped horizon as well, it is convoluted and just straight awful. Last Exile and Persona are on drop watch.

Dec 19, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #20 of 177,745
Can someone explain to me K-On? I just don't get it. I just can't watch it? IT's like....ok ...........

Its great slice of life anime. Its not really about the music much; mostly about the girls and their relationships. It is frustrating that they dont spend as much time with the music but the SoL elements are done so well that I dont care. If you hate the SoL genre than you wont like K-On.

@K701 Really?! I wanna try this combo!

Dec 19, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #21 of 177,745

Quote:
I dropped horizon as well, it is convoluted and just straight awful. Last Exile and Persona are on drop watch.

Horizon...yeah. even if it had jun fukuyama in it. i coulnd't watch. LAst Exile...has been on drop watch for a while. Persona started meh. got interesting. and then dropped to meh. about 4 epioses ago went to OMG this is grat. it's dropped back to meh again.....it's been following the same story line. 
meet person
find them on tv despite early assumptions that it's not the person
go to realm
find out that their super powered people, even with more people can't defeat someone
some belive in ourselves stuff
and person is saved
person wants to join
>_<

Quote:
Its great slice of life anime. Its not really about the music much; mostly about the girls and their relationships. It is frustrating that they dont spend as much time with the music but the SoL elements are done so well that I dont care. If you hate the SoL genre than you wont like K-On.
@K701 Really?! I wanna try this combo!

I've watched and like Clannad and Angel beats. however, during slice of life moments, it was farily boring . it was really only the ending of angel beats that sitll keeps it on my list. the music of it as well. Clannad really got kicking i n the second season. other than that. i gues im not into SOL

Dec 19, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #22 of 177,745

Quote:
I've watched and like Clannad and Angel beats. however, during slice of life moments, it was farily boring . it was really only the ending of angel beats that sitll keeps it on my list. the music of it as well. Clannad really got kicking i n the second season. other than that. i gues im not into SOL

There's different things people like about K-On (or don't like about it).  There's the obvious moe factor, and there's just the way the characters interact.  There's part of me that resonates with the latter somewhat because I did after school theater activities in high school, so there's something about their relationships that amuses me.  Really, what I think I liked about K-On, and some other slice of life comedy anime, is that it's really low obligation watching.  My friend referred to it as "anime popcorn".  It's light and flavorful, but not really filling, and that's sometimes just what you may be in the mood for.  As for my obligatory K-On rewatch, I kinda was spacing it with the US domestic Blu Ray releases, so now that it's done I'll be heading into rewatching S2.

My watching list of currently airing shows right now is Last Exile, Working'!!, and Ika Musume.  To be watched is Fate/Zero, Persona, and Guilty Crown.  Not sure when I'll get to the "to be watched" category though.  Video games and the holidays are interfering somewhat.

Dec 19, 2011 at 6:16 PM Post #23 of 177,745
Yeah, then k-on is definitely not for you.

Speaking of angel beats, apart of me feela I didnt give it a fair chance and I should pick it up again, the other part is sure of how that'll go and doesnt want anything to do with it.

@persona that is why I might drop it. I am not that far in but I can see how "monster of the week" esque this could get. I am going to give it some time but if it doesnt get past that, I will let it go.

Dec 19, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #26 of 177,745

Quote:
Yeah, then k-on is definitely not for you.
Speaking of angel beats, apart of me feela I didnt give it a fair chance and I should pick it up again, the other part is sure of how that'll go and doesnt want anything to do with it.
@persona that is why I might drop it. I am not that far in but I can see how "monster of the week" esque this could get. I am going to give it some time but if it doesnt get past that, I will let it go.

you don't really need to pick it up. you could start watching a couple episodes before the end. and you still wouldn't really miss much. the Ending was beautiful :)
Persona..yeah you could just drop. the ending theme and the colors and the character relations..close at times,yet so far at others are keeping me interested

Dec 19, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #27 of 177,745

Quote:
you don't really need to pick it up. you could start watching a couple episodes before the end. and you still wouldn't really miss much. the Ending was beautiful :)
Persona..yeah you could just drop. the ending theme and the colors and the character relations..close at times,yet so far at others are keeping me interested

I unfortunately never do that
wink_face.gif
. I need to experience it from beginning to end, I feel like I'm cheating myself otherwise.

Dec 19, 2011 at 8:19 PM Post #28 of 177,745

Quote:
I unfortunately never do that
wink_face.gif
. I need to experience it from beginning to end, I feel like I'm cheating myself otherwise.

I know what you mean, i was just suggesting a way. I never do that either :) but just saying. overal. the series wasn't that great. it was fueled by the great op and ending.you want to start watching the episdoe bc you know you wil be greeted by good music. and you sit through it bc you know the "brave song" is waiting for you at the end.....omg i just found a pun.hahahaha the "brave song" is such a good name!
For all those that braved through watching this SOL...here...is YOUR song!

Dec 19, 2011 at 8:55 PM Post #30 of 177,745
LOL that's when you know an anime isn't that good. When your favorite part of the whole series is when the OP and ED come on
darthsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back