「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 20, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #2,701 of 177,750
Little analysis (You'll understand this rant if you have watched all the 26 episodes of Sousei no Aquarion):
After watching the 11th episode of Aquarion EVOL, there are many, many things revealed but there are nagging bits that made me cringe. Many questions are still left unanswered.
Note: SnA = Sousei no Aquarion
I spoilered it so that it will not spoil you.

First of all, Mykage. He looks like Toma (from SnA), talks like Toma, acts like Toma. But why the name change and why did he became the antagonist? In SnA, at the last episode, he suddenly turns from foe to friend when the Earth almost fell apart.
An hypothesis is that he's the reincarnation of Toma and suddenly became the baddie but how did he know Altair, the planet? How did he first collaborate with Izumo? What was his past? Those questions are hard to answer. It also nags me that a Shadow Angel reincarnates as a different entity and another type of being. But that might be explained because at the end of SnA, the Shadow Angels went instinct. That's my second hypothesis.

Secondly, why is Earth called Vega? I know it's the Alteans that calls it like that. What's strange is that the characters that lives in Vega don't call it Vega nor have they mentioned the word Earth. I suppose that it is Earth because Mykage has revealed that the Genesis of Aquarion resides inside Earth. See last episode of SnA to understand why it is there. And in SnA, they have clearly shown that it was planet Earth with some well known landmarks.

Now for the most interesting part.
Confirmed that Kagura is the reincarnation of Apollo. They even look similar except for the scar and body build, the way they both act like "animals" and the way they fight which is very wild. What's interesting is that there's an inversion. In SnA, Silvia is searching for Apollo but here, it's Kagura that is searching for Mikono. Powers? Not known yet but I have an interesting theory. If Amata somehow managed to awake Aquarion and even successfully deploy the infamous Infinite Punch, he does share some qualities with Apollo but so does Kagura. So that means that the reincarnation of Apollo has been split into two different beings. One being the techniques of Apollo in Amata and one being the memories of Apollo in Kagura
Maybe confirmed that Mikono is the reincarnation of Silvia. There's also a parallelism with both of them since they both have a brother. Cayenne and Sirius respectively. But Mikono is a normal person whereas Silvia was half Shadow Angel, half human because of the relationship between Apollonius and Celianne that made Silvia that way. So I think that Mikono is just an image of Silvia meaning that she represents her but doesn't have the same quality but who knows, she hasn't shown her element power if she has one.

Now where to go from this? This does create a very interesting situation in which that there's a dilemma. If you have watched SnA before and are watching EVOL now, it creates a mind struggle that you cannot decide in which side you are on, note that it might not apply for everybody but it does apply for me. Now on the one hand, you have Kagura and Amata which, as I have analysed, are split reincarnation of Apollo searching for their long lost love, their one and only reincarnation of Silvia. On the other, you have a huge struggle between them. Personally, I feel pity in both of them because if one manage to vanquish the other, you will feel sorry for the one that has been defeated because essentially, Kagura and Amata are one being that has been separated.

Now enough with this blabbering.
I made this when I was bored in German class. What do you think?

I think it qualifies well as a manga drawing but I don't know, it's my mind and eyes anyways.
It's just a sketch at the moment but I'm planning to clean it up one day.

Mar 20, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #2,702 of 177,750
hahah. from your rant i could tell that EVOL might...be for people like me. one's that haven't seen Sousei..as it really gives you all the info you need in EVOL and it doesn't confuse you, and the bits you don't know, you think the ones that saw sousei would know, but as you can see from when i asked you.....most odn't either (read the spoiler btw..i didn't care)

oh that sketch?
Wunderbar!

Mar 20, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #2,707 of 177,750
My old high school had a cultural event for their foreign exchange students so me and my friends went to check it out because the teacher we used to have invited us. It all and all was pretty cool and we got to talk to some of the kids and try out some japanese stuff. My favorite part was finally getting to try out a lamune
redface.gif

Mar 20, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #2,708 of 177,750

Quote:
My old high school had a cultural event for their foreign exchange students so me and my friends went to check it out because the teacher we used to have invited us. It all and all was pretty cool and we got to talk to some of the kids and try out some japanese stuff. My favorite part was finally getting to try out a lamune
redface.gif

what's a lamune? a quick google search didn't give me very public friendly(im not in a private location) ...results

Mar 20, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #2,710 of 177,750

Quote:

The japanese soda with a marble in it. its usually romanized as Ramune

now that's what i wanted to know :) thanks. if you said ramune i would have known..silly language. i have had so many of those..and they are soo good..but they empty out so quickly. and that stupid stupid ball. YU NO give me soda!

Mar 20, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #2,711 of 177,750

Quote:

The japanese soda with a marble in it. its usually romanized as Ramune

*shrug* I just figured more people might get it if I said Lamune(like the VN/anime)....guess I was wrong
darthsmile.gif

Mar 20, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #2,712 of 177,750

Quote:
*shrug* I just figured more people might get it if I said Lamune(like the VN/anime)....guess I was wrong
darthsmile.gif

haha...hw :frowning2: sadly. a bit these days.sorry guys.

did you see papa yet?

Aquarion?
Ano natsu?

any non spoiler things on how it went this week?

have you read nana to kaoru

Mar 20, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #2,713 of 177,750
No to all 4 although a few people I know have talked up Nana to Kaoru. I'm just going to watch Knight in the Area 11 tonight and get to bed early. If it's anyting like today, I'll be able to catch a few anime in the morning if I wake up and feel I've slept enough.

Mar 20, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #2,714 of 177,750

Quote:
No to all 4 although a few people I know have talked up Nana to Kaoru. I'm just going to watch Knight in the Area 11 tonight and get to bed early. If it's anyting like today, I'll be able to catch a few anime in the morning if I wake up and feel I've slept enough.

haha do it man

i dropped knight a while ago has it gotten or revitalized the romance yet?

check out nana to kaoru :)

Mar 20, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #2,715 of 177,750

Quote:
haha do it man

i dropped knight a while ago has it gotten or revitalized the romance yet?

check out nana to kaoru :)

Naw, and I wouldn't count on it either, but I wasn't watching it for that really. I do enjoy the little SoL moments but I just wanted a sports anime that wasn't too shounen and gave me a bit of that high school feel. I can understand where you are coming from but it just doesn't bother me much. I mean, I am a sports fan after all..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back