「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 13, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #2,311 of 177,750

Quote:
Yeah. I noticed it first thing and started to wonder why.

No money for you.

btw, my haircut makes me look like Bruce Lee (lol). Apparently I've become the Bruce Lee of my school.

Asians get a lot of very similar haircuts.

Unless you got dem wing's. You ain't Bruce Lee

I can just imagine your I don't Care face being like this

and yeah. IT's a cute little thing, but when you think about how Sora, Miu and Hina have it a lot. it get's weird..but only if you think about it.

i just added two pics to my inventory to use :) im not sure if Head-Fi retains source quality and size but here use these if you want :)

Mar 13, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #2,316 of 177,750

Quote:

Asians get a lot of very similar haircuts.

Unless you got dem wing's. You ain't Bruce Lee

*snip*

I can just imagine your I don't Care face being like this

*snip*

and yeah. IT's a cute little thing, but when you think about how Sora, Miu and Hina have it a lot. it get's weird..but only if you think about it.

i just added two pics to my inventory to use :) im not sure if Head-Fi retains source quality and size but here use these if you want :)
 *snip*
*snip*

I know I ain't, but some cloth and safety pins can fix that.

I can bet you it is. :p

It's okay. It adds more emotion but it's not like day and night.

@griffin: no...just...no...gtfo. jk

Mar 13, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #2,317 of 177,750

Quote:
I know I ain't, but some cloth and safety pins can fix that.

I can bet you it is. :p

It's okay. It adds more emotion but it's not like day and night.

@griffin: no...just...no...gtfo. jk

haha so bruce.... haha

It adds cuteness I guess. i like the addition :) personally 

haha save all the animu!! :) remember to open up and then save for full res :)

anyway hybrid what are you going to do with your combined tech budget? for this year?

Me=$1.7K
New GPU and more RAM
$200 on headphones

that's basically it

Mar 13, 2012 at 6:40 PM Post #2,318 of 177,750
I have about 2K. My mom is extremely against me spending it all but people who aren't like us geeks no almost nothing. Anyways, I'll probably get an inexpensive Ivy Bridge build or Trinity (seems very promising). I don't do much. Most of the time, I do coding (python 3 right now), music, anime, manga, internet, and MS office occasionally for school and some other stuff. I do photoshop, 3D modelling, some CAD in prep for high school, and rendering very rarely. Maybe some benching (SuperPi will probably be my first choice). Will be working with compressed files (because all of the Miku I download is zipped), tweaking rainmeter, and something I just forgot. Oh wait, Virtual Machines. I don't want to go through the trouble of making extra partitions because I use Windows mainly and allocating some space for another OS I don't use that often is pointless.

My other option is to spend around $500 on a nice new Ivy Bridge or Trinity lappy to last me for a bit and some audio gear and the rest I will invest. Thinking about buying some AMD stocks because Trinity is very promising. Maybe Intel. I might stay away from NVIDIA for some reason. Kepler is kind of here and there so I'm not so sure. Will definitely invest in Texas Instruments (and other ARM chip makers) because mobile devices are on the rise. Some other stuff I forgot. I kind of stick to the tech companies. Interest in banks is just too low.

I'm getting nowhere on the audio gear though because I'm lost if you've read my headphone thread.

Mar 13, 2012 at 7:22 PM Post #2,319 of 177,750

Quote:
I have about 2K. My mom is extremely against me spending it all but people who aren't like us geeks no almost nothing. Anyways, I'll probably get an inexpensive Ivy Bridge build or Trinity (seems very promising). I don't do much. Most of the time, I do coding (python 3 right now), music, anime, manga, internet, and MS office occasionally for school and some other stuff. I do photoshop, 3D modelling, some CAD in prep for high school, and rendering very rarely. Maybe some benching (SuperPi will probably be my first choice). Will be working with compressed files (because all of the Miku I download is zipped), tweaking rainmeter, and something I just forgot. Oh wait, Virtual Machines. I don't want to go through the trouble of making extra partitions because I use Windows mainly and allocating some space for another OS I don't use that often is pointless.

My other option is to spend around $500 on a nice new Ivy Bridge or Trinity lappy to last me for a bit and some audio gear and the rest I will invest. Thinking about buying some AMD stocks because Trinity is very promising. Maybe Intel. I might stay away from NVIDIA for some reason. Kepler is kind of here and there so I'm not so sure. Will definitely invest in Texas Instruments (and other ARM chip makers) because mobile devices are on the rise. Some other stuff I forgot. I kind of stick to the tech companies. Interest in banks is just too low.

I'm getting nowhere on the audio gear though because I'm lost if you've read my headphone thread.

haha Asians :)

I used to do the same things you are doing with your computers, i've done them and they weren't for me.. 
Trinity does look promising, AMD's mid-high range to anything below are fantastic, that's the only sector that they not only compete in but are now dominating, on die dedicated graphics.....got them so much market share in both comptuers sold and gpu's as well. i don't remember if research counted those as full dedicated market as they are  a "dedicated memory" GPU or counted them as intergrated as they are on the computer's CPU... :/

Programing, CAD, all that stuff i've done and tested to see what i was interested in. None of it really got to me :) keep on doing it though, it will make u realize what is good for you :

Rainmeter. i used to be like u when i was ur age, had soooo many uselss programs that took up too many resources, boot time and slowed things down. I know instal and have registry to set default instal of my programs to a differnt hard drive(not partition; real seperate SATA hard drive) 

" Oh wait, Virtual Machines. I don't want to go through the trouble of making extra partitions because I use Windows mainly and allocating some space for another OS I don't use that often is pointless."

most desktop CPU's have virtualization boosters, but i know some don't. I do virtual machines to test, partitioned instal is still superiro WHEN I NEED to ever use a second OS..which is when windows crashes or when i want to "truly" play around(as in linux) 

why laptop? it's not the price or thing that matters, its the build and KNOWING what parts are in your comp, knowing you don't have a generic motherbaord but say an ASUS P blah blah blah or ASUS Sabertooth or whatever in there :) quality components.

AMD is looking promising as it's widely speculated with 90% on Xbox and almost over half on PS that next consoles will completeley move to AMD for both CPU and GPU , hey AMD did really really good now with heat, and price to performance ratio, something that Intel and Nvidia have problems with at the price that Microsoft and Sony want and while Nvidia and INTEL and other companies have good lower priced parts(like Nvidia 460 or Intel i3 2100 not that this directly relates but is a slight comparisson of abilites of companies) below that Intel and Nvidia have not only a hard time competing but AMD offers lower heat and better support as they will be making both of them :) and have experiene with it

even so im still holding off, AMD is a 50/50 right now. Nvidia I don't see any big problems with, but this next kepler and southern islands release may change the tides a bit.

Haha, i was goiing to buy stock in ARM last year as......they are the world's premier maker of small instruction set with great performance to price to watt ratio that is used in most if not all major devices. Intel is trying to gain this market with their new ATOM chip for windows tablet but I have a higher chance of that going down than succedding, you might not like this next part, but due to Apple.

TI :) i like that company, they don't try to boast or do all this yeah go go go type of things and just play it classy in all departments and offer a decent chip. Qualcomm's S3 and previous Chips using quasi semi moddified ARM chips were complete failures in performance. i have yet to look into S4 where they promise(like always) better and fixes, i remember seeing performance of one S4 chip i think........*yawn* Samsung is doing good :) keep it up..but...there is a lot of corruption and law changing with that company which is sad but needed.

POWERVG by Imagination...yeah...if only they are public i would invest(i don't think they are)

Most people with audio gear like you are lost, ur making it worse as you want a definite 100% get this answer that is always backed..sadly that isn't the case . like jgray and myself..in the end, you just gotta jump.

Mar 13, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #2,320 of 177,750

Quote:
haha Asians :)

I used to do the same things you are doing with your computers, i've done them and they weren't for me.. 
Trinity does look promising, AMD's mid-high range to anything below are fantastic, that's the only sector that they not only compete in but are now dominating, on die dedicated graphics.....got them so much market share in both comptuers sold and gpu's as well. i don't remember if research counted those as full dedicated market as they are  a "dedicated memory" GPU or counted them as intergrated as they are on the computer's CPU... :/

Programing, CAD, all that stuff i've done and tested to see what i was interested in. None of it really got to me :) keep on doing it though, it will make u realize what is good for you :

Rainmeter. i used to be like u when i was ur age, had soooo many uselss programs that took up too many resources, boot time and slowed things down. I know instal and have registry to set default instal of my programs to a differnt hard drive(not partition; real seperate SATA hard drive) 

" Oh wait, Virtual Machines. I don't want to go through the trouble of making extra partitions because I use Windows mainly and allocating some space for another OS I don't use that often is pointless."

most desktop CPU's have virtualization boosters, but i know some don't. I do virtual machines to test, partitioned instal is still superiro WHEN I NEED to ever use a second OS..which is when windows crashes or when i want to "truly" play around(as in linux) 

why laptop? it's not the price or thing that matters, its the build and KNOWING what parts are in your comp, knowing you don't have a generic motherbaord but say an ASUS P blah blah blah or ASUS Sabertooth or whatever in there :) quality components.

AMD is looking promising as it's widely speculated with 90% on Xbox and almost over half on PS that next consoles will completeley move to AMD for both CPU and GPU , hey AMD did really really good now with heat, and price to performance ratio, something that Intel and Nvidia have problems with at the price that Microsoft and Sony want and while Nvidia and INTEL and other companies have good lower priced parts(like Nvidia 460 or Intel i3 2100 not that this directly relates but is a slight comparisson of abilites of companies) below that Intel and Nvidia have not only a hard time competing but AMD offers lower heat and better support as they will be making both of them :) and have experiene with it

even so im still holding off, AMD is a 50/50 right now. Nvidia I don't see any big problems with, but this next kepler and southern islands release may change the tides a bit.

Haha, i was goiing to buy stock in ARM last year as......they are the world's premier maker of small instruction set with great performance to price to watt ratio that is used in most if not all major devices. Intel is trying to gain this market with their new ATOM chip for windows tablet but I have a higher chance of that going down than succedding, you might not like this next part, but due to Apple.

TI :) i like that company, they don't try to boast or do all this yeah go go go type of things and just play it classy in all departments and offer a decent chip. Qualcomm's S3 and previous Chips using quasi semi moddified ARM chips were complete failures in performance. i have yet to look into S4 where they promise(like always) better and fixes, i remember seeing performance of one S4 chip i think........*yawn* Samsung is doing good :) keep it up..but...there is a lot of corruption and law changing with that company which is sad but needed.

POWERVG by Imagination...yeah...if only they are public i would invest(i don't think they are)

Most people with audio gear like you are lost, ur making it worse as you want a definite 100% get this answer that is always backed..sadly that isn't the case . like jgray and myself..in the end, you just gotta jump.

I'm definitely having fun with Python. I can sort of use it as a calculator. I need a Python Interpreter though because the command line doesn't stay open when I run the program so I only get a quick glimpse of the result.

Excuse me, it may be useless to you but not to me. I can see all my comp statistics on my desktop and it takes up less than 1% of RAM. Get your facts straight. You probably stuck with the Illustro (default) skin.

That was easy to find out since Ubuntu is so slow in Virtual Box and VMWare Player compared to when I had it installed on a separate partition. I think the virtualizer booster for Intel was VT-X and AMD...I don't know.

Why not? I already took apart and rebuilt 3 computers. Only one used a modern form factor though (mATX). The rest were something like BTX. Cable management was horrid. But they were still computers (they all worked) Laptops are portable too so I can bring it around with me.

AMD is doing well with heat for GPUs. They're a little worse compared to Intel with the high TDP and everything right now for BD. NVIDIA doesn't really have heat issues anymore. The GTX400 cards were like personal grills or griddles. I think AMD has lower priced better performing parts. Ex. Phenom II x4's which could unlock into x6's. APU for integrated graphics. There's kind of a tradeoff though because it offers weaker CPU performance and currently you can't use the GPU cores to do parallel computing.

AMD will do fine with the APU's and everything.

I remember the chip maker for Apple wants to crush Intel. lol. Dream on.

ARM has yet to reach its full potential.

Meh, I'm just looking for a list to choose from so I guess I can go with a half-baked answer. 70%?

Mar 13, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #2,322 of 177,750
I basically agree on those things but im on mobile so i wont comment on each one.

Rainmeter for me was bulky, it didnt use up many resources like u say but im a minimalist guy at heart. Even seeing it made me go >_<. It only added ~5.7s to boot time but it just made me quesy. I like simple. Ice used many open source, freeware rtc programs over the years u basicallly use one and keep or eliminate. Not everybody that uses rainmeter will like it. I dont need something telling me my ram usage, i/o , cpu etc.

The power trade off sucks but hey u get a well balanced cheap machine for consumers that can also game without a bottle neck :)

Whatever chip maker u are referring too wont crush intel. But like amd, they can gain a lot of market in mobile space. Intel got pished back a lot in mobile. News of them in mobile is a lot more scarce than last yr.

Mar 14, 2012 at 7:15 AM Post #2,324 of 177,750

Quote:
I basically agree on those things but im on mobile so i wont comment on each one.
Rainmeter for me was bulky, it didnt use up many resources like u say but im a minimalist guy at heart. Even seeing it made me go >_<. It only added ~5.7s to boot time but it just made me quesy. I like simple. Ice used many open source, freeware rtc programs over the years u basicallly use one and keep or eliminate. Not everybody that uses rainmeter will like it. I dont need something telling me my ram usage, i/o , cpu etc.
The power trade off sucks but hey u get a well balanced cheap machine for consumers that can also game without a bottle neck
smily_headphones1.gif

Whatever chip maker u are referring too wont crush intel. But like amd, they can gain a lot of market in mobile space. Intel got pished back a lot in mobile. News of them in mobile is a lot more scarce than last yr.

Really? My boot times are about the same, maybe a 1/2 second slower but still the same.

Did you see Kepler's leaded specs? Only a 198W TDP for the GTX680. For some reason I feel like the 680 is kind of a midrange card compared to the 7970.
I know they won't. They just said they would. I wasn't sure if they were serious. I thought it was a little too soon for April Fools.

Quote:
ahhhh papa :'( is about to end, the prevew dialogue for the next episode makes me sad :'(
 !!!!!
WHYYŸ !!!!!!!!!!!!!

This should be 24 !!!!...ok maybe 16 episodes

This is unacceptable. More episodes!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back