「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 10, 2022 at 8:11 PM Post #177,436 of 177,745
Those rigs gain 4 gens of CPU power from the case, don't forget the power of ANIME.

Here's how I use my MAL.

First, it's basically a permanently open tab in my browser, I've never relied on the apps. I watch everything on my TV via an HTPC and MPC-HC with MadVR upscaling.

At the top bar of my list there's the "Add to List" button, heavily used when a new season starts like right now. You can see where the "Today" buttons are for Start Date, thats where my start dates are recoreded, I navigate to my MAL tab after every episode I watch, which leads to.....

...the below image. I use the + signs on my "Watching" section to update my episode counts. Sure I miss them sometimes but the next week I'll just add 2, I'm not OCD about what date I watched episode 5 of Ixion Saga. When you get to the last episode and hit the plus, the below box opens, if you set as completed it will auto-enter the complete date of the series. So that's what I meant about it not being all that much work getting it to record dates. The above screen I'd be in anyway to add a series and the below happens as I move to completion. The "work" is navigating to a chrome tab after every episode but that literally takes 10 seconds and also gives me a pause which can save me from late nights of binging :p

As for the new season so far I've only (lol) added Cue! (a show about a Seiyuu agency, think im@s with voice actors), Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha S2, Hakozume (a show about gremlin police women), Leadale no Daichi nite (female led Overlord it seems like), Shikkakumon no Saikyou Kenja (typical isekai power fantasy only this time the MC was isekaied into his own world with memories intact instead of from earth), Slow Loop (cute girls doing fishing things). All that and there's only about 40 premiers to go!
MAL game strong

I update my entries and set the status from the anime page itself like a noob, so it doesn’t keep track of start and end dates. If incrementing the episode count up to the final episode, it does prompt to “Set are completed” which records the end date. But manually picking the status from the dropdown does not.

I am enticed by all the series you’ve listed

@ Shingeki final season part 2 ep1

Look at how they massacred my boy

Edit: I can never get the horizontal rule spacing right the first time

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2022 at 11:28 AM Post #177,437 of 177,745
Edit: I can never get the horizontal rule spacing right the first time

Allow me to help make your life a touch easier.

Screen Shot.png

Jan 11, 2022 at 11:43 AM Post #177,438 of 177,745
Here are my 2021 Anime rankings (no particular order in each category. Aquatope was my highest rated anime but that's a very specific SOL genre piece and doesn't stand out quite as much as my final selection for anime of 2021. According to MAL I completed 104 Series/Movies/OVA in 2021. Guess I'm slowing down in my old age xD

Anime of the year:

Odd Taxi

Best Anime of 2022:

Shiroi Suna no Aquatope
Heike Monogatari
Kageki Shoujo!!
Shadows House
Sonny Boy

Continuations:

Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 Thrice Upon a Time
Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S
Mairimashita! Iruma-kun 2nd Season
Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2
World Trigger 2nd Season
Yuru Camp△ Season 2

Honerable Mentions:

Bokutachi no Remake
Horimiya
Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san
Jahy-sama wa Kujikenai!
Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun
Kemono Jihen
Mieruko-chan
Selection Project
Shinigami Bocchan to Kuro Maid
SSSS.Dynazenon
Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song
Zombieland Saga: Revenge
Non Non Biyori Nonstop
Love Live! Superstar!!
Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Season 2

Worst that I completed:

Shinka no Mi: Shiranai Uchi ni Kachigumi Jinsei

Jan 12, 2022 at 2:24 AM Post #177,439 of 177,745
Last edited:
Jan 20, 2022 at 12:01 AM Post #177,440 of 177,745
Pretty neat MagSafe accessory:

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2022 at 5:46 PM Post #177,442 of 177,745
Is this a dead thread now?
I’m still here, I just don’t want to bump the thread for no reason.

@ Shingeki final season part 2 ep3:

blow-mind-mind-blown.gif

Jan 26, 2022 at 1:57 AM Post #177,443 of 177,745
KNY and Shingeki both are totally killing it this season!

Jan 27, 2022 at 8:09 PM Post #177,446 of 177,745
Jan 29, 2022 at 1:03 AM Post #177,448 of 177,745
Jan 29, 2022 at 8:42 PM Post #177,449 of 177,745
I wanna rewatch Working!! before I begin WWW.Working, but with what time…

www.working wasn't all that great for me, with an all new cast and a less competent director/writer for the anime it was more boring than funny unfortunately.

Jan 31, 2022 at 7:46 AM Post #177,450 of 177,745
www.working wasn't all that great for me, with an all new cast and a less competent director/writer for the anime it was more boring than funny unfortunately.
Eh, I'd still watch it.

@ Shingeki no Kyojin ep79:

blow-mind-mind-blown.gif
blow-mind-mind-blown.gif
blow-mind-mind-blown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back