「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 15, 2020 at 8:14 AM Post #177,121 of 177,745
Your Name, 5 Centimeters per Second, and the KonoSuba movie. XD

Hmmmm I use AirPods now, I'm buying music on iTunes instead of paying extra for a CD....am I a normie now? (I'm still iffy on iTunes but I reaaaally don't feel like paying for shipping, the whole point is to support the artists I guess)

Always has been.

I have watched Your Name too. It was really good. You will really wonder how strong connection is.

That is good that you patronize artists on iTunes. I dont really use iTunes - I usually listen to Spotify.

Dec 20, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #177,122 of 177,745
It's only a USD50 premium after taking tax into account. Still oof though.

I wonder how far they're going with their adaptive EQ. It felt like the Airpods pro were limited in the bass department because it was "overwhelmed" doing noise cancellation.

Now the problem is.....I think newer bluetooth ANC headphones are gonna get a price bump to match Apple. No doubt they will singlehandedly push the whole industry forward, similar to what happened with Airpods.
It might be the HD800 of the normie headphone world. Looks like prices are going to creep when people start accepting 500USD wireless headphones, same way as people accepting 1000USD flagships back in the days.

For me, the price it's getting awfully close to getting CIEMs done. I would prefer using CIEM over any headphones when used in for outside of desktop use.

Dec 24, 2020 at 2:47 AM Post #177,123 of 177,745
Getting a brand new iPhone 7 in a few days. They were on clearance and I can get one thrown in with no extra monthly costs on an even cheaper phone plan.

Old phone model but I want at least one iOS device in me to see how things are going. Wasn't planning to get a new phone with my contact renewal but since they were giving it away, might as well take it. Kinda regret not snatching the original SE before they were discontinued. That would have been my ideal iPhone.

Sadly no headphone jack, and battery will be harder to replace with the adhesive in a few years, but overall still manageable. There's no mechanical click involved with it's home button, which is my main concern with my iPhone 5s, so that's a major plus. iPhone 5s home button occasionally double clicks after all these years, but I can't replace it myself and still have TouchID work.

Hopefully I can upgrade my airpods and try out that spacial audio now with iOS 14, as well as finally see Apple join the dark side.

Here's to another 6 years of iOS... >.>

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2020 at 7:21 AM Post #177,124 of 177,745
Merry Christmas~~

Dec 25, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #177,125 of 177,745
nMoaAbE.gif

Dec 26, 2020 at 11:13 AM Post #177,127 of 177,745
(Belated) Merry Christmas y’all

Getting a brand new iPhone 7 in a few days. They were on clearance and I can get one thrown in with no extra monthly costs on an even cheaper phone plan.

Old phone model but I want at least one iOS device in me to see how things are going. Wasn't planning to get a new phone with my contact renewal but since they were giving it away, might as well take it. Kinda regret not snatching the original SE before they were discontinued. That would have been my ideal iPhone.

Sadly no headphone jack, and battery will be harder to replace with the adhesive in a few years, but overall still manageable. There's no mechanical click involved with it's home button, which is my main concern with my iPhone 5s, so that's a major plus. iPhone 5s home button occasionally double clicks after all these years, but I can't replace it myself and still have TouchID work.

Hopefully I can upgrade my airpods and try out that spacial audio now with iOS 14, as well as finally see Apple join the dark side.

Here's to another 6 years of iOS... >.>
Largest battery of any 4.7” iPhone 👍

Dec 26, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #177,128 of 177,745
(Belated) Merry Christmas y’all

Largest battery of any 4.7” iPhone 👍
Yo the iPhone 7 feels amazing to use. For a phone ii thought I would hate, the rounded edges are comfortable to hold, light weight, the speakers sound great and better than my P20, screen is quite beautiful as an LCD as I don't like the low pwm flickering present on OLEDs, transition was fairly seamless and everything is fast.

Feels like I'm using my older iPhone, just faster, better screen, way better speakers and iOS 14. Already conditioned myself to the no headphone jack life, so I guess it's easier for me to transition than I thought.

3D touch is amazing and I already miss it when I pick up my android phone. Capacitive home button feels so much snappier and easier on the fingers. RIP new iPhones that don't have these two features...

Great phone, highly recommend. Already prefer it way more than my personal P20 or or the Pixel 3, 3A, 3XL, and Pixel 4 phones that I spent a year using for work. 👀

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #177,129 of 177,745
Yo the iPhone 7 feels amazing to use. For a phone ii thought I would hate, the rounded edges are comfortable to hold, light weight, the speakers sound great and better than my P20, screen is quite beautiful as an LCD as I don't like the low pwm flickering present on OLEDs, transition was fairly seamless and everything is fast.

Feels like I'm using my older iPhone, just faster, better screen, way better speakers and iOS 14. Already conditioned myself to the no headphone jack life, so I guess it's easier for me to transition than I thought.

3D touch is amazing and I already miss it when I pick up my android phone. Capacitive home button feels so much snappier and easier on the fingers. RIP new iPhones that don't have these two features...

Great phone, highly recommend. Already prefer it way more than my personal P20 or or the Pixel 3, 3A, 3XL, and Pixel 4 phones that I spent a year using for work. 👀
3D Touch is one of the reasons why I’m planning to hold onto my XS Max for as long as possible. Third year in, and I don’t feel like I’m missing out on much.

Dec 27, 2020 at 7:42 PM Post #177,130 of 177,745
@bowei006 Say, how does the connection issues manifest for you on your Airpods?

I just updated to the latest firmware 3A283, and it seems that whenever I go out of range for bluetooth, instead of trying to reconnect, after the audio cut outs start, the Airpods just stop playing music even though they are still connected. I have to go back to my device, pause the music and play again for the music to start playing again. The Airpods are still connected, and no reconnection is needed. I just need to pause the music on the source device and play it again.

Same on both Windows 10 and on Android. In the past, I'll just get audio cutouts but the music will still play with cutouts, returning to normal once back in range. This was with firmware 2D27.

Currently checking in my new iPhone in case it's some iOS 14 related feature that's causing this.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2020 at 10:03 AM Post #177,131 of 177,745
That sounds vaguely similar to an issue I was having; the connection was intermittent and would drop/come back. I also had some audio distortion at times. Ended up calling Apple about the issue and they're replacing my APP under AppleCare. I should have them today or tomorrow (process began before the Christmas holiday weekend).

Dec 28, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #177,132 of 177,745
That sounds vaguely similar to an issue I was having; the connection was intermittent and would drop/come back. I also had some audio distortion at times. Ended up calling Apple about the issue and they're replacing my APP under AppleCare. I should have them today or tomorrow (process began before the Christmas holiday weekend).

Huh, you too!

Let me know how it goes! Considering calling them for a replacement as well since I can't find any reports of similar effects online, so I assumed mine might be defective.

Dec 28, 2020 at 9:45 PM Post #177,133 of 177,745
I just updated to the latest firmware 3A283, and it seems that whenever I go out of range for bluetooth, instead of trying to reconnect, after the audio cut outs start, the Airpods just stop playing music even though they are still connected. I have to go back to my device, pause the music and play again for the music to start playing again. The Airpods are still connected, and no reconnection is needed. I just need to pause the music on the source device and play it again.

That happens on mine as well, I thought it might be expected behaviour because a non iOS device won't know how to handoff/reconnect easily.

On Windows sometimes I have to switch the audio source from speakers back to the airpods. On iOS a very brief interruption will auto play again, but once I kill the signal for 5-10 seconds it will just stop the music and I have to hit play again.

A tip on Windows 10, hit windows key + k to bring up the connections screen, only takes a click to reconnect to the airpods.

Dec 29, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #177,134 of 177,745
That happens on mine as well, I thought it might be expected behaviour because a non iOS device won't know how to handoff/reconnect easily.

On Windows sometimes I have to switch the audio source from speakers back to the airpods. On iOS a very brief interruption will auto play again, but once I kill the signal for 5-10 seconds it will just stop the music and I have to hit play again.

A tip on Windows 10, hit windows key + k to bring up the connections screen, only takes a click to reconnect to the airpods.

Didn't know the Windows + K shortcut. Thanks!

In my case, it sounds like after 2 major cutouts, it just stops playing audio even if the signal resumes. If I'm far enough that the audio degrades but not enough for a distinctive cutout, it will still play audio. If I hold to toggle transparency mode a few times after this issue occurs, there's some goofy behavior. 😅 This only happened after I got it paired with my iPhone 7 and updated though, and no manual reconnection really is needed for me. Just a pause/play is enough.

Not too bothersome, just a new weird thing.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #177,135 of 177,745
Huh, you too!

Let me know how it goes! Considering calling them for a replacement as well since I can't find any reports of similar effects online, so I assumed mine might be defective.
Will do. They're out for delivery today, and I'll probably go running with them some time this week. That seems to be when I run into the issue most often. Weirdly it seems Apple shipped the individual earpieces in their own boxes, so I have two parcels on the way rather than one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back