「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Nov 25, 2020 at 8:31 AM Post #177,106 of 177,742
Yeah, it's been great having them.

Not perfect as my computer's Bluetooth really only extends about 10m, but going with no cord is great so far.

I can't feel even the slightest bit of discomfort I had for the first few days, so my only real gripe is gone.

Audio delay was only really affecting me when playing very time sensitive rhythm games. Other than that, no real problems for me. Ears do get a bit sweaty though as I tend to wear them until battery dies.

Nov 27, 2020 at 6:45 PM Post #177,109 of 177,742
Locked indoors since March, starting to find people online randomly just to voice chat and decompress. No interactions with any sentient beings for almost a year is an interesting mental stability exercise, even for someone like me who usually like to be left alone.

Nov 28, 2020 at 12:27 AM Post #177,110 of 177,742
I's been a little depressing TBH. On the bright side, sometimes I go to the supermarket for vital stuff like... Coca Cola, and I see joyful sceneries of happy families. That fills my soul with warmth and truly makes my day. Here is one I totally filmed myself last week:

Nov 28, 2020 at 3:15 AM Post #177,111 of 177,742
I've just been watching Hololive English and trying to stay sane that way, haha.

Science fact of the day:

Amelia's Thanksgiving stream made me more into the Holiday spirit since I can't travel to celebrate the Holidays with my family this year. >.>

So much fun!

IMG_20201127_210118__01__01.jpg

I also decided to get the Halo: Master Chief Collection and the new Xbox controller on sale to bring back some nostalgia. I probably spent like 500 hours playing Halo 2 in high school, and all the glitches from back then are still in the game, haha.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #177,112 of 177,742
Driving (weekend blast and even commuting) have kept me sane lately, but with winter fast approaching my car is going to get garaged soon. Yesterday the front tyres didn't get up to temperture even after 1 hour of driving, not a good sign.

Nov 30, 2020 at 10:30 PM Post #177,113 of 177,742
It's all business as usual here in Sydney, we've had zero locally acquired cases the past two weeks (only active cases are international travellers returning under quarantine). I live in one of the asian communities and even here mask usage has dropped to like 5-10% if that (mostly the elderly too).

Driving (just commuting) was really relaxing when we were in the middle of lockdowns. Even in peak hour the roads were so empty it was surreal. You actually had to get a letter from your employer to be able to drive otherwise you'd get a warning/fine if they caught you for non-essential travel.

Even today I've still somehow made it a habit to go to the supermarket at like 9:30pm only, it's very peaceful and I sometimes catch end of day sales (like that anime ben-to =P).

Dec 8, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #177,116 of 177,742
It's only a USD50 premium after taking tax into account. Still oof though.

I wonder how far they're going with their adaptive EQ. It felt like the Airpods pro were limited in the bass department because it was "overwhelmed" doing noise cancellation.

Now the problem is.....I think newer bluetooth ANC headphones are gonna get a price bump to match Apple. No doubt they will singlehandedly push the whole industry forward, similar to what happened with Airpods.

Dec 9, 2020 at 12:32 AM Post #177,117 of 177,742
Now the problem is.....I think newer bluetooth ANC headphones are gonna get a price bump to match Apple. No doubt they will singlehandedly push the whole industry forward, similar to what happened with Airpods.

For sure...especially after showing how much people will spend once they get comfortable with that price labeled on popular consumer headphones.

Way too pricy for what I will pay for in a headphone like that on first sight. Of course, it's the entire package of future updates, ecosystem, etc. that it's providing. Who knows what those can do in a year or two, including make me buy them like they did with the Airpods Pro. 🙃

----------------
Managed to snatch BL3 Ultimate Edition for less than 1 Canadian Rupee after both the discount and a 10 dollar coupon on Stadia. 😳

Another co-worker, who actually sold me his Stadia Founders Edition after realising he can't actually activate the bundle without a Pixel phone also just pre-ordered Cyberpunk 2077 on Stadia and is getting a Stadia controller and a Chromecast Ultra bundled in for free, since the sign-up process is actually somewhat usable. I know there's a lot of negativity and concern regarding these streaming services but in the end, I'm enjoying it and there's actually plenty of friends/co-workers who got Stadia on their own accord, so I guess it's something.

Also, Destiny 2 is free to play on Stadia too, just like on all other platforms now. Super happy and excited, because I have plenty of friends who just don't have the hardware or the storage to play this game.

My biggest gripe with Destiny 2 as an MMO is it's constantly getting large updates, which isn't a problem on these streaming services. Being able to launch and play it from a Chrome browser without needing to install or upgrade is pretty cool as a tech demo even for those who aren't into shooters.

Pretty much brings the cost to playing a somewhat intensive game to 0 for most people, as long as the service is available. My internet speed is 15 mbps, nothing special and it works pretty well when nothing else is happening. If something else is downloading in the background though, I can get severe stutters. Also...1440p suuuuuuuuuucks on Stadia because they just stretch 1080p. >.>

The Stadia UI is still hot garbage and needs a way to search. You'd think the one thing Google will do properly is a search box. 😛

And I've shilled for Stadia enough today. If any of you end up playing Destiny 2 on Stadia, feel free to DM me your handle for some co-op if you don't mind a raid noob tagging along.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2020 at 4:21 AM Post #177,118 of 177,742
How are everyone's systems coping with Cyberpunk?

I haven't tried it yet....and from the benchmarks I've seen I think my poor RX 580 is going to suffer. X(

Final verdict on the Airpods Pros? I love em. They're very tonally similar to my EQ'd SR-007. The main difference is the muddier/compressed soundstage resulting in poorer separation and sounds kinda blending in to each other. (and missing that electrostat ethereal funkiness)

I have high hopes for version 2 or 3 when I upgrade in a few years time. I think I'm at that point now where I will only buy some iteration of Airpods Pro for the rest of my life, I can't go back to wearing wired headphones. The sound quality improvement isn't worth it anymore. =P

God damn it you guys have changed my life. >_<

Dec 14, 2020 at 4:00 AM Post #177,120 of 177,742
what are best top 3 anime movies? :two_hearts:👧

Your Name, 5 Centimeters per Second, and the KonoSuba movie. XD

Hmmmm I use AirPods now, I'm buying music on iTunes instead of paying extra for a CD....am I a normie now? (I'm still iffy on iTunes but I reaaaally don't feel like paying for shipping, the whole point is to support the artists I guess)

Always has been.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back