「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 11, 2018 at 2:37 AM Post #176,071 of 177,745
Finished Chapter 1 Ending A of NieR: Automata.

Well, I made a mistake and went against the unspoken rule of finishing every single quest, read every bit of dialog, listen to every single song and experience every little thing the devs implemented that I can before moving on to the next part, as I got too caught up with the main storyline.

Later on there's a "chapter select" screen and you can jump back to any point so you can 100% the game. (you don't have to repeat any side quests you have already done, it also tells you how many quests you have missed)

KH3 trailer woooo, there's no sound effects for the second half which makes things sound a little dull.

Jun 12, 2018 at 6:40 PM Post #176,072 of 177,745
Later on there's a "chapter select" screen and you can jump back to any point so you can 100% the game. (you don't have to repeat any side quests you have already done, it also tells you how many quests you have missed)

KH3 trailer woooo, there's no sound effects for the second half which makes things sound a little dull.

Knowing Yoko Taro and his team, I can't help but feel I'll lose out on something if I don't grind painfully on the first go as a complete masochist. :p

---------------------------------

How is this awesomeness possible... :xf_eek:

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2018 at 4:08 AM Post #176,074 of 177,745
black knight approved

kid getting hit full force by an axe? tis but a scratch. :confused:

that said, it does seem like a lot of fun/panic attacks. any chance that I'll be able to play this someday despite not being a console peasant anymore?

Jun 15, 2018 at 3:41 PM Post #176,075 of 177,745
Replacing old 212 Evo fan with these random black ones like a spoiled brat.

Now if only I had poop brown and puke beige ones...someone should make more of those. :p

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

With the stock fan on the 212, I could hide the cable from sight in the groove of the cooler. Not possible to hide this one as Noctua made the fan cable extremely short. Not sure why they would do this as it's not long enough to reach most, if not all motherboard fan headers on most, if not all coolers, making the extra long and bulky extension cable necessary. :/

image.jpeg

Not the most elegant solution, but I don't have the time right now to tinker with cable management. Maybe some other day.

----------------

An old friend will become a roommate soon. Compared to me who barely player games during childhood, this is a guy who pretty much played every single console on the western market since he was a kid. :p

Probably will steal his stuff to play a bunch of console exclusives. Been working hard for years to not spoil The Last of Us and Uncharted haha, and I think I for a good job, since I still don't know what they are about. XD

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,015 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 16, 2018 at 4:24 AM Post #176,076 of 177,745
Replacing old 212 Evo fan with these random black ones like a spoiled brat.

Now if only I had poop brown and puke beige ones...someone should make more of those. :p
Like Noctua's?

35-608-026-02.jpg

Jun 16, 2018 at 5:02 AM Post #176,077 of 177,745
Like Noctua's?

That's the joke. :p

But really, when you look at the pics, they really could be any black fan from any company. Nobody would think these are actually Noctua fans unless they see that logo or read the small text on the fan.

My goodness though, they are quiet. Only under my most intense stress tests can I notice a change in noise (just barely).

It's in a Define S case and is reasonably far away from my head, so unless I fire up the GPU now, the computer's fans can't be heard. Still a bit of humming from other components, but the background noise around my home during the day will submerge it.

This really makes me curious about Noctua's newest line of products.

------------------------------------

Huh...maybe I can finally have an all in one solution for Photoshop without ever needing a second screen now... :p

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #176,078 of 177,745
Meanwhile I have probably finally decided what monitor to get. Gonna try going for dat 144hz in the end and ViewSonic XG2402 seems to be best choice for a budget HFR screen.

Will hopefully order somewhere in the next week or so.

Jun 20, 2018 at 1:18 AM Post #176,081 of 177,745
Finally got to see the PC my dad assembled a while ago. Wow, the Define C sure is small compared to my Define S. Fractal added some simple bevels on this one, and it makes the design look so much more refined than the older Define S I had.

The PC overall is still kinda noisy for my taste. A LOT of coil whine, but my dad seems alright with it.

It's plugged into an LG monitor via a VGA cable, resulting in the screen being at 64 Hz.

O.O

Keyboard and mouse also use PS/2 ports rather than USB! I guess they had a lot more old stuff lying around than I thought haha.

For some reason using the mouse feels super fluid on this PC. Never felt this smoothness before when looking at a cursor, whether it's with a mouse or a trackpad.

I'll pair the Bluetooth mice I have with the PC tomorrow and check if it's something with the PC itself or if it's the mouse.

Jun 22, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #176,082 of 177,745
Screw a welfare state or some dictatorship that leads to the third world war. After late stage capitalism comes early stage animu crypto anarchy.

36062985_1729488517087395_6397542229082112000_o.jpg

Hmmm...my dream to be a professional anime neko character creator might be replaced by AI faster than I thought...

Is AI research heavy in R18 territories? Will have to venture in unexplored territories to somehow still make a profit against artificial think tanks that can create extremely moe-styled characters from the East...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back