「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Feb 16, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #175,546 of 177,745
I've watched a few Gundams in my day. It's an ok franchise..... but Macross is better!

comment_Ei3FPzkpIkPCsf3p865uFaDPH2n6Etsa.gif

Haven't watched Macross myself but I really like the anti-war message Gundam sends out, it really shows the brutality of war. Can you say the same for Macross?

Feb 16, 2018 at 7:00 PM Post #175,547 of 177,745
Macross's message turns out to be more anti-xenophobia than anti-war...kinda...maybe.... probably.

If anti war is your thing, Gundam Thunderbolt is probably one of the best with a "war is hell" message.

Feb 16, 2018 at 11:53 PM Post #175,552 of 177,745
Hakumei to Mikochi is hands down the best anime of this season (not counting 3-gatsu S2 which is from last season). Koi wa Ameagari no You ni comes in a close second.

Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens is like Durarara's weird sibling. It's not as good but after this week's episode it seems a bit more interesting.

Feb 17, 2018 at 3:11 AM Post #175,553 of 177,745
Feb 17, 2018 at 5:03 AM Post #175,554 of 177,745
I've watched a few Gundams in my day. It's an ok franchise..... but Macross is better!

comment_Ei3FPzkpIkPCsf3p865uFaDPH2n6Etsa.gif
Macross soundtrack is :fire:

On this note

Feb 17, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #175,555 of 177,745
恭喜發財,新年快樂 everyone!

狗年旺旺,狗年GoGoGo!

------------

Gundam Seed is probably what first got me into my limited experience with anime. I've seen stuff before that, but they were just animated cartoons for me back then. I popped open the TV one Friday night, flipped through channels and saw the first ending to Gundam Seed, and it was pretty cool. The only equivalent I've seen as a kid back then was Transformers cartoons, but it was still so different. Ended up binging anime shows every Friday as a small kid.

Looking back, perhaps it wasn't that great of a show relative to what history has to offer, but it influenced me a lot and has lots of memories.

The intro was so heavily censored here. Barely half a minute.

Many years later, as I rewatched the series, the original intro sounded so strange as I'm not used to it. The censored version was short, but also a bit...smoother (can't find the right word)?

It's been over a decade since I've watched TV now that I look back. Barely any time to sleep with all the work.

Update: found it!

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #175,556 of 177,745
we like to speak peopledarin, not necessarily mandarin, more inclusive.

Feb 17, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #175,558 of 177,745
Darling in the FranXX 6 was great, it's not often you get an episode that skips the OP/ED, sort of reminds me of the peak of re:zero (like around episode 6 or something).

@castleofargh

Who wouldn't come back to life to ride Zero Two?
Now with the Hiro+Zero Two development arc over, I wonder what they have in store for us

It annoys me that there are so many lewds of Zero Two already, but very few of Diamond. Yeah yeah just the nature of the beast. =P

Speaking of Gundam Seed, nothing was better than Kira entering Jesus mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back