「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 26, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #172,801 of 177,745
Highschool of the Dead had been effectively on extended hiatus since March 2011

extended hiatus, that's one way to say it. when you have more expectation to see another chapter of Berserk than to see a manga resume, hiatus starts to feel out of place.

somehow it touches me a lot when a nice manga doesn't reach a natural ending. I get pissed off when a TV show I like is canceled, mostly because I see horrible crap reaching 5 or 6 seasons at the same time. and when a band member dies or the band stops, I only think "ok so no new songs", but somehow I'm fine with what I have. but a cool manga stopped midway, it doesn't piss me off, it pains me. and the reason being almost always health issues doesn't help.

Mar 27, 2017 at 12:10 AM Post #172,802 of 177,745
Albums and songs for music can be listened to alone.

Chapters of a story are...well, only chapters of a story, not the full story itself. :frowning2:

Mar 27, 2017 at 1:00 AM Post #172,803 of 177,745
Daisuke Saito, the writer of Highschool Of The Dead has died. ;_;7

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-03-26/high-school-of-the-dead-manga-creator-daisuke-sato-passes-away-at-52/.113968

RIP  ; _ ;

We'll all miss the glorious plot physics.

Mar 27, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #172,804 of 177,745
RGB makes me angry, I don't want to install bloatware just to turn it off.

I need one of those 3x5.25" drive bay to 120mm fan mounts, near impossible to find locally. Hmmmm might have to build one out of cardboard or plastic then.

Mar 27, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #172,805 of 177,745
  RGB makes me angry, I don't want to install bloatware just to turn it off.

I need one of those 3x5.25" drive bay to 120mm fan mounts, near impossible to find locally. Hmmmm might have to build one out of cardboard or plastic then.

Duct Tape.

and yeah, flashy lights are annoying.

Mar 27, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #172,806 of 177,745
  Duct Tape.

You double dare me? 
tongue.gif

Mar 27, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #172,808 of 177,745
I use some metallic tape I bought once for some isolation work on the roof(bought enough to cover a gundam, used 60cm once
rolleyes.gif
). it scares the light away, but it's a metallic surface so then I cover it with black tape as a powerful fashion statement. I have that crap everywhere, the only stuff I like is the back-light on my laptop's keyboard set to mini. everything else gets the double tape treatment. from BT LEDs to battery LED, the ones on my powered speakers, on the external drive, on the amp and ADC. no passaran!

It will help you sleep at night
It will make it seem that right is always right
Alright
We only come out at night
The days are much too bright

Mar 28, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #172,811 of 177,745
Saiki Kusuo is my kinda comedy. Even after rewatching it the second time, it still is very fun :)
Funnier than Gintama 2017 (too serious).

Can anyone recommend, anime with similarities to Rick and Morty?

Mar 28, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #172,812 of 177,745
I'm waiting for more Berserk and more One punch man. I'm curious to see if Clockwork planet will be cool in anime. dunno if that counts, but I have high expectations for the Blame movie, not that one http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4607722/.
deadhorse.gif

else I really haven't followed what was coming out.

Saiki Kusuo is my kinda comedy. Even after rewatching it the second time, it still is very fun :)
Funnier than Gintama 2017 (too serious).

Can anyone recommend, anime with similarities to Rick and Morty?

I enjoy Psi nan but dropped the anime pretty fast. some stuff I like in anime more, others in manga, and I have no idea what makes me like one more or the other. like I hate Gundam in manga but watch almost all the animes.
confused.gif

I dont like Gintama, and never did. that's another mystery to me. I positively adore silly nonsense anime and manga in general, but Gintama just doesn't work for me. I tried many times, not my stuff.
oh and if I have to see one more naruto or burrito, I will barf. when I learned that naruto was ending it felt to me like the world was becoming a better place. then I saw they were just gonna reboot the exact same crap from scratch while pretending it's new, and I was like "noooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.........!!!!!!!!".

Mar 28, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #172,813 of 177,745
  I enjoy Psi nan but dropped the anime pretty fast. some stuff I like in anime more, others in manga, and I have no idea what makes me like one more or the other. like I hate Gundam in manga but watch almost all the animes.
confused.gif

I dont like Gintama, and never did. that's another mystery to me. I positively adore silly nonsense anime and manga in general, but Gintama just doesn't work for me. I tried many times, not my stuff.
oh and if I have to see one more naruto or burrito, I will barf. when I learned that naruto was ending it felt to me like the world was becoming a better place. then I saw they were just gonna reboot the exact same crap from scratch while pretending it's new, and I was like "noooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.........!!!!!!!!".

LOL, haha. I like only a few episodes in Gintama. Back when they're still fresh. But since they're following the storyline, I stopped watching them. No fun. Psi-nan is great, their comedy is similar to Nichijou, which I also like. Clever.

Me too, but now that you've told me there'll be a reboot, "noooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.........!!!!!!!!"

Mar 28, 2017 at 9:48 AM Post #172,814 of 177,745

I saw Boruto in theatres. X)

(it was just one of the things that I had to see to the very end....let's just ignore the burrito series)

Mar 28, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #172,815 of 177,745
Yeah...let's enjoy another 700+ episode follow up/round up/grand finale under the name Burrito! :D

But really, just let it die already. :p It's the end of an era. It's about time to begin a new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back