「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Feb 6, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #172,236 of 177,744
Eyyy, how is NYC, and working for FIIO?

NYC is pretty good. It's a lot busier than I remember it from like 12 years ago. XD

This time I have a real camera with me instead of a disposable Fujifilm with a limited number of shots. I didn't get to visit the Nintendo nor Apple stores last time, so it was cool seeing those in-person finally. The One World Trade Center was just a big empty pit last time, and now it's the tallest building in the Western hemisphere.

It's as cold as Seattle during this last December, so it's not overly cold to me, though it was one of Seattle's coldest Decembers in a while.

Working with FiiO was fun. My Mandarin skills aren't quite up to snuff. orz

Still, it was a new expererience being at the other side of the booth as an exhibitor as opposed to an attendee. With a company like FiiO, there were a looot of veteran users at the booth, and since we were at the entrance, a lot of newcomers to the hobby too. I ended up talking to press a lot, and a video interview for one, since I can speak English fluently.

It was fun seeing a few people who knew me too. One Chinese guy said I'm famous on Head-Fi. lol

Feb 6, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #172,237 of 177,744

Still, it was a new expererience being at the other side of the booth as an exhibitor as opposed to an attendee. With a company like FiiO, there were a looot of veteran users at the booth, and since we were at the entrance, a lot of newcomers to the hobby too. I ended up talking to press a lot, and a video interview for one, since I can speak English fluently.

It was fun seeing a few people who knew me too. One Chinese guy said I'm famous on Head-Fi. lol

おつかれさまでした!

A bit strange that one of my favourite earphones of the event was the not-quite-new-but-also-now-discontinued-in-North-America ATH-IM04. Probably one of the best earphones for the weeb music I listen to.

iSine 10 was just kektastic. ~3 minutes to put on is just... lel.

That 「RED X5 III」 though...

It was nice meeting you too!

Guuh walking in NYC is such a pain. I'm walking from the Apple Store to the One World Trade Center to Wall Street before heading back to LA.

Did ya walk all the way?
I sometimes walk all the way from school (one of the buildings is just a block away from WTC) to 42nd and it took around ~3 - 3.5 hours.
Must've been hard if you're not used to the weather, though today was pretty nice and warm.

Feb 6, 2017 at 10:30 PM Post #172,238 of 177,744
おつかれさまでした!

A bit strange that one of my favourite earphones of the event was the not-quite-new-but-also-now-discontinued-in-North-America ATH-IM04. Probably be one of the best earphones for the weeb music I listen to.

That 「[COLOR=FF0000]RED X5 III[/COLOR]」 though...

I was nice meeting you too!

Did ya walk all the way?
I sometimes walk all the way from school (one of the buildings is just a block away from WTC) to 42nd and it took around ~3 - 3.5 hours.
Must've been hard if you're not used to the weather, though today was pretty nice and warm.

Yeaaaah that iSine was pretty cumbersome for people to put on. One guy just gave up and switched to one of the headphones on the table. lol

Dat red X5 iii is freaking fantastic-looking! Audiophile players being black/gray/silver gets really boring. The gray QP1R looks great to me though. I'm not a fan of gold stuff at all. I'm still waiting for my red Geek Wave.....

Aaaand yup I walked pretty much all day. Hotel checkout was at noon, but the FiiO folks had to rush to leave at 10, so I just explored NY from 11:00 to 19:00. We walked to B&H Photo since of of the distributors just put the X1 ii and X3 ii on display.

After they left, I got some authentic NY style cheesecake from junior's, took some daylight photos of Times Square, walked up north to the Nintendo store/Rockefeller Plaza since it was a priority location for me, west to a Gotham Pizza to get authentic NY style pizza, back northeast to get some photos of the Trump Tower (no crazy riots there fortunately), then the glass Apple Store that was under construction, south to the Tonight Show venue, and then like 1.5 hours going south later to the One World Trade Center, back east to Wall Street for the charging bull, north to the Brooklyn Bridge only to find it closed for walking access, aaaand then Uber back to the airport. I think I walked around 8 miles today. orz

Feb 6, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #172,239 of 177,744
おつかれさまでした!

A bit strange that one of my favourite earphones of the event was the not-quite-new-but-also-now-discontinued-in-North-America ATH-IM04. Probably one of the best earphones for the weeb music I listen to.

That 「[COLOR=FF0000]RED X5 III[/COLOR]」 though...

It was nice meeting you too!

Did ya walk all the way?

Yeaaaah that iSine was pretty cumbersome for people to put on. One guy just gave up and switched to one of the headphones on the table. lol

Dat red X5 iii is freaking fantastic-looking! Audiophile players being black/gray/silver gets really boring. The gray QP1R looks great to me though. I'm not a fan of gold stuff at all. I'm still waiting for my red Geek Wave.....

Aaaand yup I walked pretty much all day. Hotel checkout was at noon, but the FiiO folks had to rush to leave at 10, so I just explored NY from 11:00 to 19:00. We walked to B&H Photo since of of the distributors just put the X1 ii and X3 ii on display.

After they left, I got some authentic NY style cheesecake from junior's, took some daylight photos of Times Square, walked up north to the Nintendo store/Rockefeller Plaza since it was a priority location for me, west to a Gotham Pizza to get authentic NY style pizza, back northeast to get some photos of the Trump Tower (no crazy riots there fortunately), then the glass Apple Store that was under construction, south to the Tonight Show venue, and then like 1.5 hours going south later to the One World Trade Center, back east to Wall Street for the charging bull, north to the Brooklyn Bridge only to find it closed for walking access, aaaand then Uber back to the airport. I think I walked around 8 miles today. orz

I love isine, audeze let us keep the 20 after the event to use at more events. We let them use our 400i to play with the isine at their table balanced and that was fairly popular. They made a wonderful 2 pin iem cable with a 4 pin XLR cable which I love now. Going to ask kimber to make us iem cables with 4 pin XLR.

Some people I saw got the isine hooks immediately and others I literally had to demonstrate on my ears.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Feb 7, 2017 at 12:56 AM Post #172,242 of 177,744

Eyyy, how is NYC, and working for FIIO?

NYC is pretty good. It's a lot busier than I remember it from like 12 years ago. XD

This time I have a real camera with me instead of a disposable Fujifilm with a limited number of shots. I didn't get to visit the Nintendo nor Apple stores last time, so it was cool seeing those in-person finally. The One World Trade Center was just a big empty pit last time, and now it's the tallest building in the Western hemisphere.

It's as cold as Seattle during this last December, so it's not overly cold to me, though it was one of Seattle's coldest Decembers in a while.

Lol, fair enough. 

Oooh that's awesome! Did the Nintendo store have any limited edition stuff there? And dayum, for some reason I didn't think the One World Trade Center was the tallest building in the whole hemisphere! :O

How cold was it? It's been pretty freaking cold here, probably worse than last year. We got a lot of snow today and classes were actually cancelled down south here. XD

Lolz, were the fiio folks speaking Mandarin or the attendees? And that sounds awesome! Who did a video interview and where can we watch it? :p

Dang, that's how you know you're really famous is when random people start saying you are! :D

おつかれさまでした!

A bit strange that one of my favourite earphones of the event was the not-quite-new-but-also-now-discontinued-in-North-America ATH-IM04. Probably be one of the best earphones for the weeb music I listen to.

That 「RED X5 III」 though...

I was nice meeting you too!

Did ya walk all the way?

Wow, that X5 really does look pretty! Aaaand I assume you like it more than the original X5 that you didn't really like eh? 

Dang, that sounds like a lot of exploring and walking around. Bet it felt good to sit on the airplane after all the walking. :p

HTC did it once too, with the M8s. Nowhere near as bad as Samsung's Galaxy S2 "Plus" though; it was worse than the normal S2 and yet is a "Plus".

Eeew...

You want ew?

This is why HTC is about to go out of business....

Feb 7, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #172,243 of 177,744

just to be clear, are any of those cumulative?
ph34r.gif

I don't use facebook, so I guess there is that...

Feb 7, 2017 at 3:17 AM Post #172,244 of 177,744
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is why HTC is about to go out of business....

Well Google's got their back for at least however long the Pixels are going to be produced. But it shouldn't be long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back