「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Nov 5, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #169,727 of 177,744
  I spent 3-4 minutes trying to type out a response to the microwave tray.

I've got nothing.

Then try to find words for this: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-11-05/chinese-kancolle-ripoff-game-launches-in-japan/.108419
It doesn't get more blatant.

Nov 6, 2016 at 12:10 AM Post #169,733 of 177,744
I need these. <3

now there is pink....

0602.jpg

after you eat all these 5 colors.... you will have supa powa trust me

Nov 6, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #169,734 of 177,744

Well the only downside of having removable battery is no waterproofing. So that's out of the way.

In the extreme cases, both are as good as gone. No argument there.

TL;DR from your scientific explanation of how batteries work (you didn't really explain what'll happen on both phones, so not sure what you're trying to say here), you say that battery is well protected in a unibody design phone. I could agree with this. I mean the only pros of removable battery is that on some point of bending, the battery pops out first so at least damaging the phone because of the contacts to the phone are off, hence battery isn't being used (I'm not sure myself if this is anysafer really lol).

But the convenience of replaceable battery just outweighs those for me. (Now, I'm not making any point of argument pass this point, but just my wants.)

what are you talking about? It's not like spare batteries are being sold without any sort of shielding/covers. So it's pretty safe as long as you don't short the pins.  In the case of a leaking battery, not like you need to touch the battery directly. Just like how you use inertia to make ketchup flow out of a bottle, you do the same to remove the battery.

Interestingly stumbled on this : http://www.phonearena.com/news/Poll-results-Replaceable-battery-or-unibody-design---which-one-do-you-prefer_id42117

It's like 4 years old poll where people are not used to unremovable battery yet, so I'm sure unibody wins if they do a new vote today. I feel like I want to open a thread on reddit about it, but that place is pretty toxic and a bad place to conduct unbiased poll. So maybe I shouldn't.

unshielded batteries are pretty weak yes but removable batteries are not really any more stronger and they used as a support instead of the chassis, I've seen it too often
Quote:

I'm not sure. If there is, I probably missed that. In any case, touting a phone with exposed contacts "waterproof" is so not safe for me.

Maybe because of that past era because of that battery memory issue. 

Do a livestream pls. For science of course.

I used to support removable batteries, until I found how hard it is to get a proper one that doesn't bajillions of dollars.
Then I went to a Butterfly S and stopped caring about removable batteries because they are good quality in those phones. unlike LG/Samsung batteries which is compounded by the fact that you have to charge them very frequently.

Then I went to a B2 and I cared even less about the battery and used QC2 everytime i could.

Then I went to a Mi Max and I definitely need QC2 ...

Nov 6, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #169,735 of 177,744
@Vivid Strike ep06

Ooooh nice episode poi :D
Miura ouch though >.<

Nov 6, 2016 at 1:57 AM Post #169,737 of 177,744
  Welp.... I guess I'm a sociopath then.

I don't usually show most of this stuff because I actively try to act like a normal member of society but 8/9 of the points applies to me. (#1 I can't judge myself)

and TBH, if their 4% population statistic is correct, then I'm not that surprised...

What's wrong with being a sociopath? I'm a sociopath and I'm happy people don't throw me in jail every other day.

o(^_^)o

Nov 6, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #169,739 of 177,744
  I bought a LG V20 today. Came with free 10" tablet. Can confirm if you drop it battery will probably pop out. I don't drop my phones so I'm ok with it.

vhz2fq.jpg

How are the K501? Haven't really heard about them recently so I'm curious about people's long term impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back