「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Nov 5, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #169,711 of 177,744

Of course they have built in shielding. Even internal batteries do as well. I don't think removable batteries have a substantial amount of additional shielding and or structural support that normal internal batteries since from what I can tell, they are more or less the same in stiffness when working with them.

They're not even close in terms of stiffness. I'd demonstrate with a nexus 7 battery, but I don't want to burn my house down.

Nov 5, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #169,715 of 177,744
  Wait I thought there were phones with removable backs and batteries that are waterproof, or at the very least water resistant since as long as the back cover has a gasket it's all good (it's a really ghetto method since that's a really easy seal to break).

Eh I'm just looking at the battery only since if that happens to either device the end result is the same; $700 ashes and a burnt phone if we're looking at a flagship. The status of the frame and back cover might vary between the two but the phone is more or less still toast because the main assembly was bent.

Of course they have built in shielding. Even internal batteries do as well. I don't think removable batteries have a substantial amount of additional shielding and or structural support that normal internal batteries since from what I can tell, they are more or less the same in stiffness when working with them.

Talking about liions of course and I'm mostly thinking about the swappable camera/camcorder batteries.

I see why people still want removable batteries; it's a preference that's descended from cameras and camcorders since those devices usually had poor battery life so it was always advised to have multiple batteries for those (since external battery packs didn't exist then).

I'm pretty sure most of the removable battery crowd has lived in those days (aka the last decade) or are just Apple haters who hate every decision Apple makes (or just hear people saying a removable battery is good so they repeat it without thinking).

I'm not sure. If there is, I probably missed that. In any case, touting a phone with exposed contacts "waterproof" is so not safe for me.

Maybe because of that past era because of that battery memory issue. 

They're not even close in terms of stiffness. I'd demonstrate with a nexus 7 battery, but I don't want to burn my house down.

Do a livestream pls. For science of course.

Nov 5, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #169,716 of 177,744

Do a livestream pls. For science of course.

+1

A certain someone can provide the funds because he's rich.

Too bad I won't be able to read any retaliation if he posts any. 
rolleyes.gif

Nov 5, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #169,723 of 177,744
Welp.... I guess I'm a sociopath then.

I don't usually show most of this stuff because I actively try to act like a normal member of society but 8/9 of the points applies to me. (#1 I can't judge myself)

and TBH, if their 4% population statistic is correct, then I'm not that surprised...

Reads like a quiz in Cosmo. "If you answered Yes to at least 6 of these statements, your husband may be a sociopath. Our advice? Run!

Need advice on how? Read next month's exciting issue!"

Hopefully the book it's based on is more science-driven.

P.S. I used to be one of the main posters in this thread years ago. I wasn't as much of a pariah back then. :evil:  

In all fairness, frequent =/= main
Main is generally a qualitative term, so I'd think that would require at least a vote from our electorate.
'Tis the season after all :smile:

Don't get this thread too heated guys. 

The mods be watching. Let's not get this thread locked. 

But but... Danger's our middle name.

Wouldn't be the first time, though the last time we got locked we got heated in a very...different way.

?

Here, I'll still give you a hug!

ლ(`‿´ლ)

1460988091-6e86cd666a30fcc1128c585c82a20cdd.gif

Gif is awesome. More than a thumbs up deserved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back