「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 27, 2016 at 2:12 AM Post #169,370 of 177,744
That knob thing looks horribly un-ergonomic.

There's really not much else you can do for it. Personally it seems fine, maybe a tad high but if it were shorter it would be more annoying to use when you put it on the screen. I guess you could have made it kind of like a spheroid (rounded pebble, mochi for you weebs) which I personally would have preferred.

I'd go nuts if I had to put something on the screen and rotate it like that; it just doesn't seem right ergonomically to do that.

Speaking of tablets though, in the traditional sense, does anyone know what a good price is for a Wacom Bamboo or Intuos (small)? I might keep an eye out for one during Black Friday/Cyber Monday/whenever it goes on sale. I kinda hate writing stuff on screen tablets like the Surface, again not very ergonomic at all for me.

Oct 27, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #169,372 of 177,744
Speaking of tablets though, in the traditional sense, does anyone know what a good price is for a Wacom Bamboo or Intuos (small)? I might keep an eye out for one during Black Friday/Cyber Monday/whenever it goes on sale. I kinda hate writing stuff on screen tablets like the Surface, again not very ergonomic at all for me.

About $40 if you're looking for a new Intuos (non pro, since the bamboo line is styli now and not actual tablets). You can probably pick up an older gen bamboo for around $30. For the Pro you're looking at around $160. Assuming both are the small size ones.

Oct 27, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #169,373 of 177,744
I'd go nuts if I had to put something on the screen and rotate it like that; it just doesn't seem right ergonomically to do that.

I usually folllow deals and these do not come up often unfortunately, except the bamboo, which can be often found for $70-80 on "sale" (massdrop actually has them like once a month almost at $80). I think I've seen the bamboo hit ~$60ish on a Black Friday on Amazon or Lightning deal a couple years back. The higher end, I've seen like $50 off Intuos medium deals around Thanksgiving or the occasional $xx off $xxx coupons from Wacom.

But if your only use is writing on a screen-less tablet, you can get bigger real estate for much less than Wacom prices and it'll work fine. The Chinese companies have come pretty far according to the Internet.

Oct 27, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #169,377 of 177,744
  My first thought when I first heard about the new MacBook: https://twitter.com/mattblaze/status/791465134833164288

There's "No Escape"! *gasp*
This symbolizes Apple's absolute monarchy over its user base! (or some schiit like that....)

vim user here btw, glad I migrated to linux-land while there's still escape.

Oct 27, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #169,378 of 177,744
Yeah but have you seen his desk? It's tiny!

When there's a will...
$80 9x12 Chinese tablet
$780 reinforced aluminum alloy articulating arm with secure lockdown points for stable writing surface.
$170 to fix/replace desk after you didn't want to pay for installation
8 hours of stressful profanity-laden attempted self installation
2 hours of tears

Total cost:
$1030
6 months of life expectancy

http://www.gv.com.sg/GVMovieDetails#/movie/3391

Oh finally.... Kimi no Na wa is coming to sg poi

Just saw it was coming for limited release in the US end of year. Maybe Funimation is onto something here. I think there's a market for such limited releases. I saw Shin Godzilla and the theater was pretty full.

Maybe I'll catch this in theaters...

Oct 27, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #169,379 of 177,744
Just saw it was coming for limited release in the US end of year. Maybe Funimation is onto something here. I think there's a market for such limited releases. I saw Shin Godzilla and the theater was pretty full.

Maybe I'll catch this in theaters...

Definitely watch it any way you can! In my opinion this anime film blows away all others.

I wonder when the Blu-ray will come out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back