「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 17, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #166,771 of 177,747
And really, one could make a list a mile long of worse things you could do with your time.

Watch The Artist Formerly Known as New Top Gear, IE Top Gear from 2002 to 2015.

I mean... the car is pretty good. Compared to what Romania was producing before, it's like a cheap really good car. Cheaper than anything money can get you in Romania with similar specs. 

I just got to try the HTC Vive.
Resolution wasn't that great but it was pretty fun.
Now lets see if I can try nekopalive when there's nobody around......
ph34r.gif

Whoa... Want to try that too! 

Anyone in here seen SAO? I have not seen Sword Art Online, but seen a dozen memes about it being bad or something, so I think I'm going to try the first few episodes and see what it is all about. 

Also, I love haiyore! nyaruko-san. The show is trippy, but so funny. I love comedy shows that are able to make me smile in real life while watching them. 

Jun 17, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #166,772 of 177,747

Anyone in here seen SAO? I have not seen Sword Art Online, but seen a dozen memes about it being bad or something, so I think I'm going to try the first few episodes and see what it is all about. 

Also, I love haiyore! nyaruko-san. The show is trippy, but so funny. I love comedy shows that are able to make me smile in real life while watching them. 

Crm3cYq.jpg

NfFg37Y.jpg

u4Y1kov.jpg
W5yAs0r.jpg
VHjtyUx.jpg

9qAtpaR.jpg

tumblr_m33jpboXS11qhaqd4o1_1280.png

RIP 
frown.gif

Jun 17, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #166,773 of 177,747

And really, one could make a list a mile long of worse things you could do with your time.

Watch The Artist Formerly Known as New Top Gear, IE Top Gear from 2002 to 2015.

I mean... the car is pretty good. Compared to what Romania was producing before, it's like a cheap really good car. Cheaper than anything money can get you in Romania with similar specs. 

You missed the joke, it's right there.

In a car show that talks about highly desirable cars most of the time. Bringing in news of one of the cheapest and bland car is the joke itself.

Jun 17, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #166,774 of 177,747
Nagi Yanagi 
bigsmile_face.gif

Some parts of this has an "Aqua Terrarium feel" to it.

Jun 17, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #166,778 of 177,747
Niiiiice, prepare for some feels!
so...fricking...excited.

The actual Japanese release will be late August so seeing it almost two months early before even Japan theatres gets it and almost 1.5 years before Blue Ray release to fansub is gonna be amazing.

Fangirling so hard right now to even be in his presence when he gives a QA!

Jun 17, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #166,779 of 177,747
I'm going to Anime Expo 2016!!! Woot. Excited to realize I'm in LA for once haha.

It will be the world premier of Makoto Shinkais new movie! Gonna get to see it and so excited. He will also be attending g

Nice! Micey and I will be there this year. I'm just working on booth setup on day -1 and 0, a hentai panel at 9pm Saturday, and a 3 hour hentai panel Sunday at 9pm. I will be around the other days.

For AX lines are going to be intense especially this year. For special movies prepare to wait a few hours to get in...

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jun 17, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #166,780 of 177,747
Jun 17, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #166,782 of 177,747
My art classes are coming full circle.

Learned about Zimoun sound artist in Sound Design class. 

Sees post today about Zimoun X Sennheiser promotion

http://en-us.sennheiser.com/shape-the-future-of-audio-zimoun?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Owned&utm_campaign=STFOA

Jun 17, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #166,783 of 177,747
Nice! Micey and I will be there this year. I'm just working on booth setup on day -1 and 0, a hentai panel at 9pm Saturday, and a 3 hour hentai panel Sunday at 9pm. I will be around the other days.

For AX lines are going to be intense especially this year. For special movies prepare to wait a few hours to get in...
meetup and teach me your ways senpai! I know nothing of how conventions work lol

Jun 17, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #166,785 of 177,747
Swag bags in the shape of tissue boxes.

The ano hana movie was certainly a fun experience in a packed theater with grown men balling their eyes out.

meetup and teach me your ways senpai! I know nothing of how conventions work lol

Sure sure, send me your number and we can totally meet up.

Some con or AX tips off the top of my head

Generally figure out transportation, driving to the convention center on off hours isn't usually bad but LA is LA so driving is bad. Public transportation isn't the best but it has stops close by. Uber and lyft is always an option. I probably will be staying at a hotel that is walking distance.

Getting a badge now is relatively painless as they have figured out how not to be idiots about it. Maybe bring some sun screen as every few Anime Expos I got some sun burn.

Ax is without a doubt going to be a ton of people, last year it had 90k people concurrent at peak and staff I talk to say they possibly expect 100k this year. Look at the schedule and plan ahead for which events/panels/showings you want to go to. Even our small panels have at minimum 1 hour waits. Know where the line is, ask a staff or follow someone who knows.

Speaking of staff, some know everything about con and are con veterans themselves. Others are staff for free con and don't know much. Don't expect too much out of some if you need help. 

Getting from one end of the convention center to the other takes some time. Try to take less congested routes like going outside every once in a while. 

Most people generally go to exhibit hall if they don't have a panel they want to go to. I generally spend 60%-70% of my time personally in exhibit hall even though I seen most things I want to see already. If you want to go buy stuff day 1 you should buy things if you think they are going to sell out. By day 4 the exhibitors usually slash prices a lot or give away things with purchase so they have less stuff to bring home. Generally by day 4 their best stuff is gone so just consider the thing you want to buy if it will last the whole con or not.

Food prices are intense at con and there are food trucks but they aren't much better in terms of price. There are some places nearby for food but it can also be pricey. I usually go across the street to Smashburger with my friends.

I haven't figured out my hotel situation just yet but if I do have a hotel room I will probably bring something fun like the Dharma which I going to get tomorrow and have for a short time...

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back