「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jul 3, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #156,078 of 177,744
  Gangsta ep1: Was about to drop after finishing the ep poi, then I heard Noutou voice.... erm, and I like the ED, kinda rare style for Annabel

Your taste is so confusing.

Daayymm I thought GATE was some kind of happy-go-lucky fantasy military thing but seems pretty promising
Tanks are drawn breddy gud :DD

Oh just wait for the inevitable harem/ecchi **** to kick in. Bound to happen.

And this
 The first chapter for the manga adaptation alone already has the government convening to decide that the magic portal that opened in Japan must be captured, as must all the land on the other side because since it’s close to Japan it obviously belongs to them. Throw in some military tech wank crushing the infidels in a manner even modern warfare games think “hey now this is a bit one sided”. And supposedly it doesn’t get truly bat**** until later on. Considering the entire premise is how the Japanese military needs to be built up again so we can crush our neighbours, you can start to see where all this is going. And I can’t wait. I hope this gets even worse than Mahouka, and that thing got pretty bad. I hope all the bat**** stuff survives the transition from novel to anime. Because without that bile fascination, there really is no other point in watching it.

really does not sound like something I could watch without going insane.

Thoughts on this show?
Anyone?

http://myanimelist.net/anime/4087/Michiko_to_Hatchin

Jul 3, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #156,080 of 177,744
Hoe dayum Gangsta episode 1 was freaking awesome! I think I'll really enjoy this show. Finally, a show without high-school magical lolis and schiit moe. It reminds me a lot of Tekkonkinkreet with the gang-related stuff.

The opening is pretty dope too. 9/10 for me for episode 1.

Yes thank god! I can now finally enjoy the much more appealing prostitute filled gangsta scene! Did you see how that woman was playing an enticing game of "please don't kill me" with those men while providing them with happy fun time? We've hit the jackpot mice my dear boy...

:p

Jul 3, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #156,081 of 177,744
Yes thank god! I can now finally enjoy the much more appealing prostitute filled gangsta scene! Did you see how that woman was playing an enticing game of "please don't kill me" with those men while providing them with happy fun time? We've hit the jackpot mice my dear boy...

You know, I would honestly rather watch that than iteration number 73829623 of "cute girls doing cute things".

Jul 3, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #156,083 of 177,744
Check out what I just got! An English version of Ever 17 that's been out of print and really hard to get for quite some time now. :D

Whoa. Nice find. Hirameki is classic.

First episode of Gangsta is out!

Hype!

.....but not really because the only sub that is available right now seems to have come straight out of the Google translator.

Poop.

Gonna wait for a better one :|

The full OP is out though!

Looks super cool but does not sound like I expected.

Gang/mob related stuff usually is meh for me but I'll give it an episode for the art.

Saw one episode. Very high quality, unique and seemed interesting. Never got around to continuing it though so can't vouch. Worth a shot IMO.

Maybe I'll give it two episodes... All joking aside, so like Swordfish but backwards?

Jul 3, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #156,084 of 177,744
You know, I would honestly rather watch the world burn than iteration number 73829623 of "cute girls doing cute things".

Batmans butler warned me about people like you...

It's more like a pufferfish but inside out?

Jul 3, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #156,086 of 177,744
Batmans butler warned me about people like you...

It's more like a pufferfish but inside out?

Not sure if you get the reference and are just playing games with me, which I appreciate :wink:, or it's a little obscure, which would make me feel old, which I am.

Jul 3, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #156,087 of 177,744
Not sure if you get the reference and are just playing games with me, which I appreciate
wink.gif
, or it's a little obscure, which would make me feel old, which I am.

That's the only scene that everyone remembers from that movie.

Jul 3, 2015 at 7:41 PM Post #156,088 of 177,744
That's the only scene that everyone remembers from that movie.

I'd say for good reason. A classic of modern cinema, that scene :smile:

The movie was scatterbrained but not entirely awful. Had some interesting parts and was well shot. I remember mostly all of it. Maybe sadly?

Jul 3, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #156,089 of 177,744
All I know of is a movie titled Swordfish but no I'm not sure what your going on about lol. Can't remember the movie too much but it had some nice actors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back