「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 30, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #155,926 of 177,744
  ugh, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Hibike! Euphonium is over...

And Kumiko x Reina confirmed yet once again.

Apparently the soundtrack is coming out July 8th. Must have.

"Confirmed" :p

Really nice finale. Kind of lost interest in that show towards the end, but the last episode was quite something.

Jun 30, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #155,928 of 177,744
I think there's a distinction between 黑茶 and 普洱茶 as well. 普洱茶 uses the same fermenting processes as 黑茶 but there are definitely other 黑茶 that aren't  普洱茶. I'm thinking it's a subcategory within 黑茶 but I could be wrong. I bring this up because last time our family went to China, be bought a whole load of 黑茶 which was quite a bit cheaper than buying 普洱茶 to age. 

Ah I see. I haven't had either 黑茶 nor 普洱茶 before. From the Wikipedia page, it seems to suggest that 普洱茶 is a subset of 黑茶, specifically from the Yunnan province.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pu-erh_tea

[rule]Speaking of Chinese foods, I had 粽子 for lunch today, the Cantonese version not the Taiwanese one. I haven't had these in ages....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zongzi

^ savory variant with egg, lap cheong, pork, and peanuts

^ sweet variant (碱水粽)

[rule]
Went to a Gameworks the other day to play pool. Apparently one of the tables had a busted coin/card machine and the games were free to play! I saw this too....what in the world is this arcade game?? It was like some strategy game or something like that. It looked quite bizarre as the "arcade" table had a game board-like covering. It only accepted game-specific cards, so I didn't bother getting one just to see what the game is like.

Jun 30, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #155,930 of 177,744
Looks promising I guess. I couldn't get into Angel Beats for the life of me. It reminded me too much of Haruhi in certain ways to the point where it just annoyed me. Sounds dumb, but I felt the same way when Rahxephon first came out and I'd watche Eva a few years prior. 

Went to a Gameworks the other day to play pool. Apparently one of the tables had a busted coin/card machine and the games were free to play! I saw this too....what in the world is this arcade game?? It was like some strategy game or something like that. It looked quite bizarre as the "arcade" table had a game board-like covering. It only accepted game-specific cards, so I didn't bother getting one just to see what the game is like.

Game Works is still a thing? Man, I just get so weirded out when I see arcade machines now. It's sort of weirdly melancholy since they're mostly vacant. I used to spend so much time in arcades as a youth playing stuff like X-menvSF/MSvSF, MvC, HotD, DDR and the like. God especially DDR. That was like like a lightning in a bottle moment in SoCal. You'd see guys standing on the side of machines and just dancing on the floor, practicing their steps while someone else played LOL. The social aspects of gaming are so different now. Kinda weird/sad to think that most teens now have no experience at all with stuff like local co op and local competitive gaming. 

Jun 30, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #155,932 of 177,744
  What are you thinking about Charlotte guys? I am really hyped up for it. I mean just look at that staff! They will probably make one of the best drama anime out there.

Looks boring, but like you already said, the staff is pretty bomb.
Not gonna watch that :|

Jun 30, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #155,933 of 177,744

Explain? I figure it's some big company ripping off a fan port or something. What game?

I... dont even.

http://www.pcgamer.com/thomas-was-alone-action-figures-are-a-real-thing/

When you're friends with the Indie Elite, they will ask you for utterly insane **** like this.

Jun 30, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #155,934 of 177,744

Explain? I figure it's some big company ripping off a fan port or something. What game?

They have "ported" N2O: Nitrous Oxide (a PS1 Tempest-like with soundtrack by The Crystal Method), but as it turns out they have just packed a PSX emulator and hid it, breaking its license. Presumably because "it's free software, so we can do whatever the hell we want with it, amrite?". Also, it uses existing plugins, which may be distributed under a different license. Oh, and they probably use the PS1 BIOS, which is under some Sony's proprietary license. Actually, it should run without an original BIOS, according to the emulator's website.

Jun 30, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #155,936 of 177,744
Watching Zaccubus play UT4 and there's 2gd and Cooler in chat. wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Not sure if anyone here is into Quake enough and recognizes them, but whatever.

Jun 30, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #155,937 of 177,744
Originally Posted by miceblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Speaking of Chinese foods, I had 粽子 for lunch today, the Cantonese version not the Taiwanese one. I haven't had these in ages....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zongzi

^ savory variant with egg, lap cheong, pork, and peanuts

Those taste great with soy sauce.

Jun 30, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #155,938 of 177,744
  Wow.

Wot didn't know there were pcsxR.. still remember having some compatibility issues playing SRW with ePSXe and had to switch over to Connectix a few times =_=

Jun 30, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #155,940 of 177,744
Game Works is still a thing? Man, I just get so weirded out when I see arcade machines now. It's sort of weirdly melancholy since they're mostly vacant. I used to spend so much time in arcades as a youth playing stuff like X-menvSF/MSvSF, MvC, HotD, DDR and the like. God especially DDR. That was like like a lightning in a bottle moment in SoCal. You'd see guys standing on the side of machines and just dancing on the floor, practicing their steps while someone else played LOL. The social aspects of gaming are so different now. Kinda weird/sad to think that most teens now have no experience at all with stuff like local co op and local competitive gaming. 

Oh believe me, it's quieter these days compared to back in 2009, but people still go. Especially the rhythm games, those are quite popular. Drum Mania, Guitar Freaks, Taiko: Drum Master, DJMax Technika, Pop'n Music, DDR, In The Groove, and a game where you wave your hands around 4 infrared sensors whose name I don't know.

I absolutely suck at any rhythm games, whether it's Project Diva on the lowest difficulty, or Audio Surf. I also equally suck at arcade-style shooting games, as well as arcade 2D fighters. Smash Bros. is literally the only fighting game series that I'm pretty good at, if you consider it a fighter, in which there are cults for/against it being one. lol

Soooooooooo really arcade places are not my preferred location to go since I suck at all the games and they're thus a black hole for my wallet for buying tokens. Even if you go to an arcade place to try to earn tickets to exchange for prizes, those machines are programmed to be rigged sometimes. Notworthit.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back