「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 28, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #155,866 of 177,745
So I asked if they could replace full sized flagships
And so I got a response from 24bit
  These will never replace or compare to a full size electrostatic, of course. They do share a similar 009 tone in the bass and midrange. However, the 009 has more bite to the treble and is definitely more bright up top. Also, the 009 is leagues ahead in clarity of course, as well as realism and such. The r2pro only shares the same uncolored bass and midrange tone, in my opinion. I felt that the r2pro had a type of a clarity, combined with an effortless tone type that also isn't harsh, is exceptionally rare in the iem world.

It's clarified most of the hype surrounding it (for me) 

If I could get it for the KS price, I probably would.. but at it's retail price... meh, we'll see. 

Jun 28, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #155,867 of 177,745
I went through Flare Audio's webpage and the sheer abundance of "codeword" marketing is horrible. Especially the page on R1...

"Featuring DSV (Dual Sided Vortex™) technology... compressed with Space™ technology to remove enclosure interference..."

Seriously? Nothing written on those "very unique techs" either.

It just don't give me confidence. But again, I have not heard any of their products.

All are outer space science.

Buzzwords and jingles make customers happy anyways... when you show off you gonna sound smart 
biggrin.gif
 (Hey my stuff uses DSV and CWS tech, yours?) 

but srsly.... trademarked?

Jun 28, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #155,868 of 177,745
So I asked if they could replace full sized flagships
And so I got a response from 24bit

I've heard a few IEMs that were compared to the 009 actually. The UERM, FIBASS and Dita Truth were all compared to the 009 by various people. (DITA audio even states that the tonal balance of their Truth IEM is modeled after a specific 009 rig in their possession) I'm not sure what to make of that to be honest since none of those phones sound at all alike to me aside from possessing a similar level of clarity. Like I said, I've owned the DIta Answer and Truth and I've talked to WCDchee about it (he's had  the R2pro and R2A for a few weeks now),and what he said in regard to the R2Pro vs. the Dita really sat well with me. YMMV of course since I do prefer a more linear signature and the R2Pro does seem to slot into that role nicely from what I can glean from various sources. 

As for an IEM replacing a full sized can? I mean... not sure what you're expecting since they're quite different in terms of presentation and scope/scale. I've yet to hear an IEM that can contend with the presentation of the SR207. It's just a limitation of the tech we have, but I've heard IEMs that have really, really good tonal qualities that I feel is more realistic than the SR207 (the JH Angie for instance) so you gotta pick and choose. 

Jun 28, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #155,870 of 177,745
[CONTENTEMBED=/t/586040/official-asian-anime-manga-and-music-lounge/155865#post_11724138 layout=inline]So I asked if they could replace full sized flagships[/CONTENTEMBED]
[CONTENTEMBED=/t/586040/official-asian-anime-manga-and-music-lounge/155865#post_11724138 layout=inline]And so I got a response from 24bit[/CONTENTEMBED]

I've heard a few IEMs that were compared to the 009 actually. The UERM, FIBASS and Dita Truth were all compared to the 009 by various people. (DITA audio even states that the tonal balance of their Truth IEM is modeled after a specific 009 rig in their possession) I'm not sure what to make of that to be honest since none of those phones sound at all alike to me aside from possessing a similar level of clarity. Like I said, I've owned the DIta Answer and Truth and I've talked to WCDchee about it (he's had  the R2pro and R2A for a few weeks now),and what he said in regard to the R2Pro vs. the Dita really sat well with me. YMMV of course since I do prefer a more linear signature and the R2Pro does seem to slot into that role nicely from what I can glean from various sources. 

As for an IEM replacing a full sized can? I mean... not sure what you're expecting since they're quite different in terms of presentation and scope/scale. I've yet to hear an IEM that can contend with the presentation of the SR207. It's just a limitation of the tech we have, but I've heard IEMs that have really, really good tonal qualities that I feel is more realistic than the SR207 (the JH Angie for instance) so you gotta pick and choose. 

Yet you own a SA5k. :p

Jun 28, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #155,871 of 177,745
For those of you who like vinesauce, I made a dedicated video to vinny's pest problem in his super mario bros X stream.

If you truly remember how the stream went, then you'll find this funny.

I combined the CRAWL!!!! meme with the mosquito problem he had. Enjoy it if you want to.

Jun 28, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #155,872 of 177,745
  For those of you who like vinesauce, I made a dedicated video to vinny's pest problem in his super mario bros X stream.

If you truly remember how the stream went, then you'll find this funny.

I combined the CRAWL!!!! meme with the mosquito problem he had. Enjoy it if you want to.

I remember that stream :D
Great work, man!

Jun 28, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #155,873 of 177,745
Yet you own a SA5k. :p

I bought the SA5K ten years ago actually lol. It was the first "flagship" I ever bought and I didn't quite know what I wanted back then. I just heard it was super ****** detailed and that was what I equated to good sound at the time. It sounds good with some genres but I'm not a fan of its overall tonal balance at all. Much too cold and thin sounding. I've hung onto it simply cause it's been recabled and suffered some shipping damage so I don't think I can get what I want out of selling it, so I may as well keep it even if it sees virtually no use. (Same goes for stuff like the Radius DDM, and the Mad Dog, Ex600, FX500 etc. The market's changed so much, I can't even sell these things for anything remotely decent.) I've gone through a ton of phones since then and every phone that I've kept for a lengthy period of time has leaned more towards neutral 

Jun 28, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #155,875 of 177,745
I think the marketing for nearly every flagship headphone out there is steeped in an abundance of useless buzzwords, so it's best to let the product speak for itself. The R1 is acknowledged to be a flawed headphone from the reviews I've read of it, but the R2A/R2Pro is supposed to be excellent. 

This guy here reviewed both: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhSpj9I6TTc

and the print review for both phones is in the video description. He admitted that the R1 was totally bungled here: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/367e4a/flare_audios_r2a_and_r2pro_are_stellar/

What is that hype...

Jun 28, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #155,879 of 177,745

Living under a rock? :)

Yeah, I just don't really care about the real world at all...... I only read ACG-related news.

Now this is news:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-06-28/is-the-order-a-rabbit-season-2-reveals-title-october-launch-new-character/.89809

Users who are viewing this thread

Back