「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 27, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #155,821 of 177,747
Maybe is probably right. XD
I don't think the One is very detailed at all. Although I think the One has the best frequency response balance, it's not hi-fi-sounding. Compared to the Two, Pro 330v2, and Harmony 8 Pro, it lacks detail retrieval, soundstage, and instrument separation. For me personally though, getting the right frequency balance is the first step for liking a headphone/earphone, and a lot of in-ears tend to butcher that right off the bat even if they are hifi-sounding like most of Noble's lineup.

You might want to check out my impressions video from 7 months ago. My current impressions are more or less the same. The Pro 330v2 and Two sound much more trebley compared to the One, and I don't like that kind of sound even if they are technically better-sounding. Trebley sound signature + noisy environment = hellz no for me.

Why would you do this?

Details and instrument separation are important factors for me, except on the road tho. But still...
Well, if I do decide to get em in the future, might be able to compromise for listening music on bed since it should be waaaaaay more comfortable.

11 mins passed btw. Time for everyone to get a Music One

Jun 27, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #155,822 of 177,747
Got the R70X, the torrent of raging reviews saying how good it is. It is all relative to the price tag.

It's stupidly good in it's price range, but in the unlimited bracket, it really does fall short. Not true end game product but never meant to be. I guess I should return it.

Jun 27, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #155,823 of 177,747
I'm playing FE: Awakening again just to keep up with StreetPass data and I ended up doing a skirmish battle with two Risen icon thingies. I hope the next FE fixes some of the camera issues. Even with just 2D battles (as in the left/right camera instead of the auto 3D one), sometimes it goes crazy.

e.g. Great Knight activates Luna and hits the opponent (Luna makes the character go through the opponent to the other side of the screen), then support character attacks and the camera resets for some reason.

or:
Have Sniper activate Astra on a General with a Brave Bow for a LOL experience. Pretty much 0 damage per hit and the opponent gets knocked back a little on the screen for each hit; then multiply that by five for Astra, and multiply that by four for the Brave Bow. Yeaaaaaaah....the arrows start to take like 2 seconds to hit the opponent after activating Astra twice with a Bronze Bow.

Also I wonder if they'll fix the severe frame rate drop when 3D is enabled, like when you have 3 flying units on the screen and one of them activates a critical hit, or Ignis. It's pretty much like playing at 10 FPS at that point.

Jun 28, 2015 at 12:31 AM Post #155,824 of 177,747
Yahari Ore S2 finished

Dang, my heart was about to burst.

Listening to this song is awesome right now

Season 3 or bust....in like 2 years *cry*

Quote:
Oh. My. Gawd.
People from Aomori Japan are visiting here for a 4-day food festival. Bought a $10 saba sushi tray for lunch. Best. Sushi. Ever. The roasted saba was heavenly; so worth it.

^ that's roasted burdock root/gobo tea on the left

^ so much fish! That's like the equivalent of 3 sushi pieces at a belt sushi restaurant. The rice was also nicely flavoured and textured. None of that machine-formed sushi rice junk.

^ dat marbling

God that looks great....wish I could have real sushi as well

Jun 28, 2015 at 12:38 AM Post #155,825 of 177,747
Oh. My. Gawd.
People from Aomori Japan are visiting here for a 4-day food festival. Bought a $10 saba sushi tray for lunch. Best. Sushi. Ever. The roasted saba was heavenly; so worth it.

^ that's roasted burdock root/gobo tea on the left

^ so much fish! That's like the equivalent of 3 sushi pieces at a belt sushi restaurant. The rice was also nicely flavoured and textured. None of that machine-formed sushi rice junk.

^ dat marbling

This. Is Nice

Jun 28, 2015 at 12:43 AM Post #155,826 of 177,747

Listening to this song is awesome right now

That ED grew on me big time, dem memories yo 

Edit: Wow. I hope this guy has an MP3 version of that performance available. That was legit awesome. 

Also, that sushi looks delicious. 

Jun 28, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #155,827 of 177,747
  Why would you do this?

Details and instrument separation are important factors for me, except on the road tho. But still...
Well, if I do decide to get em in the future, might be able to compromise for listening music on bed since it should be waaaaaay more comfortable.

11 mins passed btw. Time for everyone to get a Music One

+1 poi
Hard to live with portable gears that are too much of compromise from home setup orz

Got the R70X, the torrent of raging reviews saying how good it is. It is all relative to the price tag.

It's stupidly good in it's price range, but in the unlimited bracket, it really does fall short. Not true end game product but never meant to be. I guess I should return it.

Ouch thats disappointing.. am interested but finding it hard to get meaningful clues out of the reviews, plus I never passby local shops for long =_=
What are the cons for you?

Jun 28, 2015 at 1:35 AM Post #155,828 of 177,747
Welp, summer season for anime looks lethargic to me. Gangsta, is really the only one that sounds somewhat appealing. Ushio no Tora is a maybe.

Meh...
miyazaki-otaki-680.jpg

Jun 28, 2015 at 2:57 AM Post #155,829 of 177,747
Jun 28, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #155,830 of 177,747
Welp, summer season for anime looks lethargic to me. Gangsta, is really the only one that sounds somewhat appealing. Ushio no Tora is a maybe.

Meh...
miyazaki-otaki-680.jpg

I disagree that there is so little to look forward to. It might not be as good as previous seasons, but I'm not even sure about that. The anime I find interesting this summer are:
Gangsta
Durarara!!x2 Ten
Charlotte (same writer and same studio as Angel Beats!)
Working!!! (third season of great comedy)
Dragon Ball Super (nostalgia)
Prison School (I'm reading the manga. You'll probably either love it or hate it.)

Movies I'll watch this season:
Code Geass: Boukoku no Akito 4 - Nikushimi no Kioku Kara
Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterun da.
Tamayura: Sotsugyou Shashin Part 2: Hibiki

Jun 28, 2015 at 3:46 AM Post #155,831 of 177,747
I disagree that there is so little to look forward to. It might not be as good as previous seasons, but I'm not even sure about that. The anime I find interesting this summer are:
Gangsta
Durarara!!x2 Ten
Charlotte (same writer and same studio as Angel Beats!)
Working!!! (third season of great comedy)
Dragon Ball Super (nostalgia)
Prison School (I'm reading the manga. You'll probably either love it or hate it.)

Durarara!!x2 Ten - didn't watch Durarara
Charlotte (same writer and same studio as Angel Beats!) - meh, generic school/puberty anime
Here's a made-up anime synopsis I did a while back....it'll probably be a thing in reality eventually once the industry runs out of generic school descriptions to make
Ippantekina anime no hanashi

Tozumi Tadatchi is an ordinary middle school student. One day, he meets a strange girl who offers him lunch every day. As they get to know each other better, Tozumi learns that this mysterious girl is secretly fighting evil forces at night. Together they form a team and fight the dark souls that threaten to destroy the entire planet.

Working!!! (third season of great comedy) - never watched it before
Dragon Ball Super (nostalgia) - didn't even watch 1/3 of the original Dragon Ball series
Prison School (I'm reading the manga. You'll probably either love it or hate it.) - seems like ecchi, not gonna watch it

So yup! : D
46914.jpg

Jun 28, 2015 at 4:13 AM Post #155,832 of 177,747

Prison School (I'm reading the manga. You'll probably either love it or hate it.) - seems like ecchi, not gonna watch it

Dura is a fantastic series, highly recommend watching the previous seasons! Working is also another show that is really great.

Prison School is a series that is pretty divisive. I like it a lot for a number of reasons namely I love the mangakas previous work to death and Prison School is a complete opposite.

Taking a look and making a rough list for myself for next season...

Will watch:
Durarara!!x2 Ten
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz!
Gatchaman Crowds insight
Non Non Biyori Repeat
Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX
THE iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls 2nd Season
Working!!!

Undecided/will probably at least watch a few episodes:
God Eater
Himouto! Umaru-chan
Jitsu wa Watashi wa
Kangoku Gakuen Prison School
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou
Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai

Other shows I might jump on if there is good stuff about them but I think I maybe at my limit.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jun 28, 2015 at 4:23 AM Post #155,833 of 177,747
Nice.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mega-man-creator-on-japan-s-culture-of-fear/1100-6428379
That's looking a lot more solid than the beta builds I played through.

There we go!
Tom Yum Goong
The COMCEPT rep said at 11:15 that handheld console versions of the game aren't just ported, they have to re-make a bunch of stuff for it. I'm guessing for the other versions, they're ports and they just have slightly tweaked settings for things like AA and whatnot.

Jun 28, 2015 at 4:40 AM Post #155,835 of 177,747
Charlotte (same writer and same studio as Angel Beats!) - meh, generic school/puberty anime
Dragon Ball Super (nostalgia) - didn't even watch 1/3 of the original Dragon Ball series
So yup! : D
46914.jpg

Watching Durarara! might be worth your while. The first season starts slow, but it picks up the pace at episode 9.
I think you are mistaken in that it's generic anime. I honestly thought the same until I read it was Maeda Jun's new original work (Kanon, Clannad, Air, Little Busters, and Angel Beats!).

The rest is most likely not your cup op tea.

Here's a made-up anime synopsis I did a while back....it'll probably be a thing in reality eventually once the industry runs out of generic school descriptions to make
Originally Posted by miceblue 
Ippantekina anime no hanashi

Tozumi Tadatchi is an ordinary middle school student. One day, he meets a strange girl who offers him lunch every day. As they get to know each other better, Tozumi learns that this mysterious girl is secretly fighting evil forces at night. Together they form a team and fight the dark souls that threaten to destroy the entire planet.

Hahaha, I get the feeling I heard of such an anime before :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back