「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 6, 2015 at 5:53 AM Post #154,621 of 177,750
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Speaking of that, I was wearing my lambdas today working on homework and my roommate walks by and goes "nice headphones, are those from the '60s?" to which I said "Actually the '70s" and she asked if I had them "because they actually sounded good or if I was just hipster". XD

Since you mentioned STAX
Lambda Nova Basic System or SR-2020 System? Which to buy?

Jun 6, 2015 at 6:23 AM Post #154,622 of 177,750
  Since you mentioned STAX
Lambda Nova Basic System or SR-2020 System? Which to buy?

Those two are fairly old, the SRS-2020 is the later model. Nothing much between them though, be careful of imbalance/squealing if buying used.

You should prolly take the time and do a proper price calculation on a new set from pricejapan vs buying locally.

Jun 6, 2015 at 6:35 AM Post #154,623 of 177,750

Those two are fairly old, the SRS-2020 is the later model. Nothing much between them though, be careful of imbalance/squealing if buying used.

You should prolly take the time and do a proper price calculation on a new set from pricejapan vs buying locally.

Buying used from a shop gets me 1 year warranty, should problem arise I can just return them

I'm still taking my time of course, it's only beginning of the month. Dealing with 19% MwSt + another tax is such a pain in the arse, that's why I'm looking around in EU.
Price is 395€ and 425€ respectively.

Jun 6, 2015 at 6:39 AM Post #154,624 of 177,750
  Buying used from a shop gets me 1 year warranty, should problem arise I can just return them

I'm still taking my time of course, it's only beginning of the month. Dealing with 19% MwSt + another tax is such a pain in the arse, that's why I'm looking around in EU.
Price is 395€ and 425€ respectively.

Ah if there's warranty, then that's not too bad considering things are expensive as hell there.

Jun 6, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #154,627 of 177,750
Oh just knew LEAR provides artwork for weebs when browsing dem site

Can I even use it in public without shame?

People usually DGAF and are too busy either with their soon-to-meet-concrete phone in their hands while walking, or too busy dodging people with soon-broken phones.

Is something weird about that?

Isn't it hot?

Like everybody said, BBQ in the cold is idiotic. The best time for BBQ is in the summer, where everyone will be more inclined to spend time outside.

D0jn3Pb.jpg

this is triggering me..... NOT!

Jun 6, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #154,629 of 177,750
  Dude, when else do you do barbecues? It's totally the American way to bbq during the summer!

In HK we usually BBQ during fall or winter because it's way to hot to sit around a fire under the blazing sun at 30+ degrees C.

^ fav character from the show.

Jun 6, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #154,630 of 177,750
These two guys deserve more viewers. So many interesting videos!

I'm also pretty sure they are gay :)

btw did I ever mention that I ******* love Vietnamese Bun in all it's glorious varieties?
Definitely belongs in my top 10 asian dishes.

Jun 6, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #154,632 of 177,750
  Wanted to see how the newest Initial D game looks like.
Ended up watching a 3 and a half hour recording of some tournament.

Initial D tournament?

Jun 6, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #154,634 of 177,750

Initial D tournament?

Yeah, sadly it's Sega's only racing game in arcades these days. Arcade Stage 3 (also known as Street Stage in its PSP port, probably the earlier ones too, I guess) was great, but supposedly for Arcade Stage 4 they revamped the whole thing to make it look more like the anime, with crazy drifting and stuff. They also ruined it with that. Even arcade operators often went back to earlier machines because they were still more popular.
Someone said the newer ones (we're at AS8 now) are better than 4, but they still go on with the "new" driving style. Although from the videos it looks like the collision physics are crazy. And not "unrealistic" - more like straight-out "broken".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back