「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 1, 2015 at 5:28 AM Post #154,306 of 177,750

MMCX always has me feeling iffy but it depends on the individual connectors used. One thing I'd love to know is if they'll have an MMCX cable that doesn't have memory wire. And if they all come with memory wire, how tough is it to remove the sleeve?

Didn't play with the Campfire Audio iems today but talked to moedawg quite a bit today about them. Had some memory wire on them and thinks it would be fairly easy to take off the sleeve.

What's wrong with it?

Headband snapped. Warren offered a broke headband he-500 to me, shioriskine and moedawg. Me and Andre (shioriskine) both wanted it and couldn't figure who should get it. So Warren gave me the left and Andre the right and let us figure it out. We spent the next few hours debating joint custody if Andre could get it weekdays and I weekends. Settled on my giving the left cup to him and letting him try and fix it and we just trade it back and forth. Teamwork!~

T.H.E. Show today was a lot less uneventful than it was Saturday. Mostly was hanging out with people and checking out some uninteresting speaker systems. Didn't take many pictures anyway as I was mostly repeating some booths. Some new things, some neat things, some impressions.

He-400s pads, very velour.

New thing, JDS Element

My o2 for scale

O2 and x5 for scale

Usb in, rca in (I think), gain switch, power button, power cord in

So it is square with rounded edges, volume knob is is a circle. Tad daa~ But seriously it is a dac amp combo and I turned the volume knob to around 10-11 o'clock and that was plenty loud enough for me. Iems I was hovering around 9 o'clock with my noble 4. Sound was very nice and I enjoyed it a lot. So it is $350~ iirc. Dac is very similar to the dac in c5d and amp is very similar to the o2 and c5 in the Jds Labs guys words. It was very cool and minimalist desktop amp/dac, solid metal finish and smooth volume wheel. I liked it.

Shiny woo amps and the he-1000 in the special woo room.

Shiny abyss to the shiny woo monoblocks that was also going to a shiny sony home media player type of thing. I can at least now say I have heard a $22k audio setup. It sounded alright.

Great ad to demonstrate the audio market at the show. Aimed at 60 year old dudes about to die so go buy this thousands of dollars speaker. Brilliant ad.

Out of focus fiio x7 picture. It wasn't working or anything but an early model showing off a big touchscreen and on the bottom of the unit a replaceable amp system in the works or such. Don't remember everything he mentioned about it. Played with the x5 ii and then with the e12a with my x5. E12a is good with iems like it was magically designed for it or something magical like that. Also had the new renamed fiio amp dacs. The successor to the e07k and e6 with changed names and shapes. Didn't get good pictures of them.

Then spent the rest of the day at questyle with Andre and ended up inadvertently working there for several hours. Older QP1 model internals, slight changes since then on newer models. Heard some interesting stuff from questyle and talked to many people from questyle. The questyle QP1 and QP1r I listened probably many many times these 2 days on. Probably my favorite new dap now and really interested in getting one when they are ready in production.

The Shelby that was in the room during break down time. The owner drove it out the back doors and the whole room smelled like gasoline. It was very American and patriotic.

Hung out in the questyle room afterwards with Andre and moe. Limited time they were going to sell the show computers for people that were to buy one of the dac or amps. Think they are still doing the deal now.

But in the questyle room I talked to the developers and showed them my x5 with its custom firmware, showed then different case, ways to stack fiio daps with amps, my amps, general feedback and learning about the QP1 and QP1R. Nice dudes and we went to dinner afterwards with warren and mercer along with questyle. Fun times and fun event, I had fun. Event I rate fun out fun.

Probably going to go the San Francisco meet in July now as I am probably not going to be able to make it to CanJam London.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jun 1, 2015 at 6:12 AM Post #154,307 of 177,750

Alright guys, here it is!
x-axis is week count since the first post, y-axis is posts per week.
Hovering on the legend will highlight the user's graph.
Hovering on the graph will show you the numbers.
You can zoom in by scrolling (will lag due to large amount of data).
Post count cutoff is 300 posts in this thread.

http://appsrv.cse.cuhk.edu.hk/~pfyau4/

Accoun is very very consistent. 
tongue.gif

Oh.

Jun 1, 2015 at 6:18 AM Post #154,308 of 177,750
  Alright guys, here it is!
x-axis is week count since the first post, y-axis is posts per week.
Hovering on the legend will highlight the user's graph.
Hovering on the graph will show you the numbers.
You can zoom in by scrolling (will lag due to large amount of data).
Post count cutoff is 300 posts in this thread.

http://appsrv.cse.cuhk.edu.hk/~pfyau4/

Graphed by C3.js, hosted on the CUHK CSE department's servers.

@bowei006 holds the record for highest post-rate at 502 posts per week.....followed by Mr.Violin and the Alchemist.

Panda is still the king of junkers

Originally Posted by vantt1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No
Can't say I don't

Still need to catch up on the latest episode of Hello!, Oregairu Zoku and Nagato-chan...

Speaking of which, Nagato-chan is being dubbed by the same cast as the original series!

Say you do.

Drop the Nagato and catch up with KinMosa

Nope it is not fun cleaning dust

It is fun to see everything's shiny again

Jun 1, 2015 at 7:43 AM Post #154,309 of 177,750
  Didn't play with the Campfire Audio iems today but talked to moedawg quite a bit today about them. Had some memory wire on them and thinks it would be fairly easy to take off the sleeve.

Headband snapped. Warren offered a broke headband he-500 to me, shioriskine and moedawg. Me and Andre (shioriskine) both wanted it and couldn't figure who should get it. So Warren gave me the left and Andre the right and let us figure it out. We spent the next few hours debating joint custody if Andre could get it weekdays and I weekends. Settled on my giving the left cup to him and letting him try and fix it and we just trade it back and forth. Teamwork!~

T.H.E. Show today was a lot less uneventful than it was Saturday. Mostly was hanging out with people and checking out some uninteresting speaker systems. Didn't take many pictures anyway as I was mostly repeating some booths. Some new things, some neat things, some impressions.

He-400s pads, very velour.

New thing, JDS Element

My o2 for scale

O2 and x5 for scale

Usb in, rca in (I think), gain switch, power button, power cord in

So it is square with rounded edges, volume knob is is a circle. Tad daa~ But seriously it is a dac amp combo and I turned the volume knob to around 10-11 o'clock and that was plenty loud enough for me. Iems I was hovering around 9 o'clock with my noble 4. Sound was very nice and I enjoyed it a lot. So it is $350~ iirc. Dac is very similar to the dac in c5d and amp is very similar to the o2 and c5 in the Jds Labs guys words. It was very cool and minimalist desktop amp/dac, solid metal finish and smooth volume wheel. I liked it.

Shiny woo amps and the he-1000 in the special woo room.

Shiny abyss to the shiny woo monoblocks that was also going to a shiny sony home media player type of thing. I can at least now say I have heard a $22k audio setup. It sounded alright.

Great ad to demonstrate the audio market at the show. Aimed at 60 year old dudes about to die so go buy this thousands of dollars speaker. Brilliant ad.

Out of focus fiio x7 picture. It wasn't working or anything but an early model showing off a big touchscreen and on the bottom of the unit a replaceable amp system in the works or such. Don't remember everything he mentioned about it. Played with the x5 ii and then with the e12a with my x5. E12a is good with iems like it was magically designed for it or something magical like that. Also had the new renamed fiio amp dacs. The successor to the e07k and e6 with changed names and shapes. Didn't get good pictures of them.

Then spent the rest of the day at questyle with Andre and ended up inadvertently working there for several hours. Older QP1 model internals, slight changes since then on newer models. Heard some interesting stuff from questyle and talked to many people from questyle. The questyle QP1 and QP1r I listened probably many many times these 2 days on. Probably my favorite new dap now and really interested in getting one when they are ready in production.

The Shelby that was in the room during break down time. The owner drove it out the back doors and the whole room smelled like gasoline. It was very American and patriotic.

Hung out in the questyle room afterwards with Andre and moe. Limited time they were going to sell the show computers for people that were to buy one of the dac or amps. Think they are still doing the deal now.

But in the questyle room I talked to the developers and showed them my x5 with its custom firmware, showed then different case, ways to stack fiio daps with amps, my amps, general feedback and learning about the QP1 and QP1R. Nice dudes and we went to dinner afterwards with warren and mercer along with questyle. Fun times and fun event, I had fun. Event I rate fun out fun.

Probably going to go the San Francisco meet in July now as I am probably not going to be able to make it to CanJam London.

Fiio x7 looks very interesting, I really wish the price was more accesible. 

Also, why would questyle insist on putting a volume knob un a DAP>? It is one of the things I would not do, it is really harder to use and might break that way. 

I have e12a and it uses high quality potentiometer, yet I am afraid of putting it in a bag because I do not want to damage the pontentiometer.

Jun 1, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #154,311 of 177,750
Originally Posted by Rozenberg /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Say you do.

Drop the Nagato and catch up with KinMosa

I do

I wont and I will

Trying out the waifu2x thing.

uJ0i9We.png

Jun 1, 2015 at 9:19 AM Post #154,314 of 177,750
Jun 1, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #154,315 of 177,750

Some gaffer's haul from a convention.
oSPxdmfh.jpg

Jelly.

What are those?

It's iDOLM@STER Gravure For You. Basically it's a minigame about making photos of idols in swimsuits (or other costumes). Of course, there is footage on Youtube. They were bundled with the anime BDs, or at least some sort of special editions. Not sure if there were other differences. They're avalable digitally as part of the iM@S CHANNEL, with the first one (featuring Haruka, IIRC) being free, but obviously people like their physical items.

As the name suggests, Visual Collection is an artbook.

Jun 1, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #154,316 of 177,750
Jun 1, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #154,317 of 177,750

It's iDOLM@STER Gravure For You. Basically it's a minigame about making photos of idols in swimsuits (or other costumes). Of course, there is footage on Youtube. They were bundled with the anime BDs, or at least some sort of special editions. Not sure if there were other differences. They're avalable digitally as part of the iM@S CHANNEL, with the first one (featuring Haruka, IIRC) being free, but obviously people like their physical items.

1 character per disk? Damn!
I never understood how the whole idol thing works (both virtual or IRL)

Jun 1, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #154,319 of 177,750
I see your massive nested quote and raise you an even more massive quote! XD

Ok that sounds good to me. I may drive my car up and pack my Emotiva amplifier so I can listen to, err, some speakers at Definitive Audio on my own amp... Assuming the car's not sold and still runs. 

Mmk sounds good. I'll get the 1ks burned in in the mean time and hopefully it will magickally transform it from sounding meh to YEAH!

And yay for quoting two long posts with photos. Lol

Fiio x7 looks very interesting, I really wish the price was more accesible. 

Also, why would questyle insist on putting a volume knob un a DAP>? It is one of the things I would not do, it is really harder to use and might break that way. 

I have e12a and it uses high quality potentiometer, yet I am afraid of putting it in a bag because I do not want to damage the pontentiometer.

1) When was the last time you heard of any volume knob breaking?
2) A volume knob is far more precise for getting the exact volume you want, or at least for analogue potentiometers past the channel imbalance region. It's a lot more convenient to turn a knob at the top of the unit than to physically pull the thing out and adjust the volume from its side, on the front panel, etc..
3) I'm quite confident you won't damage the E12A's potentiometer by putting it in a bag unless your bag is filled with 20-pound dumbbells and packed with sand. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back