「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
May 23, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #153,601 of 177,750
Can anyone explain to me what touhou is, how it started and why should i be into it?... I only know a few bands that have something to do with it, and i like the bands, some sort of metal (album is named touhou box) but i failed to understand what it is or what the hype around it is. I understood that it was something about a game using sprite animations...

A series of doujin (long story short, their equivalent of indie) mostly 2D vertical shoot-em-ups (of so-called "Bullet Hell" kind) featuring cute human and demon girls. Known for their difficulty, actually nicely designed bullet patterns, the girls themselves and its music. The series itself is 15 main entries long and has a few official spinoffs.

Probably helps that ZUN (the creator) allows using anything Touhou-related commercially as long as it remains in the doujin scene, but they're legitimately fun games with legitimately good music and some nice character designs.

May 23, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #153,602 of 177,750
  I guess that i will pass then... I love light comedy shows, like kore wa desu zombie, because they are fun and just light on the mood..

Can anyone explain to me what touhou is, how it started and why should i be into it?... I only know a few bands that have something to do with it, and i like the bands, some sort of metal (album is named touhou box) but i failed to understand what it is or what the hype around it is. I understood that it was something about a game using sprite animations...

At least it's still got lots of action tho.
Basically about a crime fighting organization with most of the members are female with big bewbs

TYG n Accounn has explained it. It's old but gold. The fanbase keeps em alive all these years and godthankfully not annoying
You should be into it if :
- You played Touhou until 14.5 and have completed lunatic mode
- You like the doujin music
- You have armpit fetish

I know Touhou because of 2nd reason and eventually listen to many of the indies album, especially the instrumentals are beautiful.

You are watching that garbage?
Jeez, every song there sounds like I already heard it a million times before. Totally devoid of creativity.

Need to waaaatch.

Eh but now I feel like wanting CIEM more
>tfw molding my N4 at CustomArt costs almost the same as Music One

Yeees you need to waaaaatch

May 23, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #153,603 of 177,750
  I guess that i will pass then... I love light comedy shows, like kore wa desu zombie, because they are fun and just light on the mood..

touhou is a game~

Metal wise, Undead Corporation is my favorite metal touhou band, Foreground Eclipse was fantastic but they broke up, pizuya's cell x myonmyon had some fun albums but they aren't collaborating anymore, Crow's Claw varies pretty much every album, Thousand Leaves I like their earlier stuff, Kissing The Mirror is kinda decent. 

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
May 23, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #153,604 of 177,750
Hooray for OS X!

Why would it be the biggest mistake in human civilization? It was invented by the Chinese thousands of years ago originally used in divination oracle bones from the Shang Dynasty. If anything, Chinese would have been amongst the first, if not the first, international written forms of communication used by what is now China, Korea, Japan, and probably more. I'd say it's far from a big mistake as even now it's lived on and is still used, albeit in a different form, and is one of the oldest writing systems to ever exist today.
What the *** happened to that girl-like creature? That thing looks way worse than Kanon 2002.......... D:

lol yeah,  I do that alot when I don't know how to read some kanji.

because it's needlessly complex for the modern world, back then it made sense because knowledge = power and they didn't want peasants to gain power.
But it's not the 21th century! a language should not be this complex! one should not have to remember 2-3k abstract symbols before being able to communicate!
It's still in use now because we couldn't get rid of it... they tried by inventing simplified Chinese but that's still too hard IMO.

See below.

Duuuuuuuude!
What is wrong with her body?!
Slendergirl?

Yeah... every now and then you get VN titles looks weird.
I thought this one was okay though, reminds me of Tsukihime.

For those who can read Japanese, does anyone know what this is? I opened it up and ate it already; it was like a flour-egg shell filled with black sesame paste.

go ma ta ma go.... oh hey, that's a palindrome (in japanese anyway).

Well it literally means sesame-egg.

May 23, 2015 at 6:11 PM Post #153,605 of 177,750

Great in-game music, arguably better than the FF series.

I didn't play Touhou much myself simply because I couldn't.... not even on easy mode.
But I did buy 7 of the games for the music + support.

May 23, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #153,606 of 177,750

touhou is a game~

Metal wise, Undead Corporation is my favorite metal touhou band, Foreground Eclipse was fantastic but they broke up, pizuya's cell x myonmyon had some fun albums but they aren't collaborating anymore, Crow's Claw varies pretty much every album, Thousand Leaves I like their earlier stuff, Kissing The Mirror is kinda decent. 

I really like Undead corporation, I was into foreground eclipse, crow's claw i could not get into (big discography, i was not into too many albums), kissing the mirror was something fun, but i stopped listening to them... I clearly was much more into it's music, but i had no ideea what the game was about. 

The video was genius... Extraordinary funny.

The game seems too hard to bother.. 

I was curious because it seems very popular and i could never understood why, to me it was more fanart than with most series, in fact i think that it is one of the series that has most art done by fans. I am unable to tell what series is the one that has the most fans doing art about it, but i really think that touhou is in at least top 3, if not the first thing...

May 23, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #153,608 of 177,750
  Great in-game music, arguably better than the FF series.

Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

Now, if i could only fiind something that is as funny as kore wa desu zombie was, and have a plot that is exactly that deep, not too shallow, not to deep, just the right amount, ..

Already tried Joshiraku?
Doesn't really have a story but its really funny.

May 23, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #153,609 of 177,750
  Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

Already tried Joshiraku?
Doesn't really have a story but its really funny.

I had got it, i am going to watch to start watching it.

I was looking for other recommandations, i can only get animes once two or three weeks, then i can watch what i got...

May 23, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #153,613 of 177,750
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.........
I have yet to play 1 game of Splatoon and their servers are being unresponsive. This is bad news for their pre-launch testing period.... : (

I'm watching a Splatoon stream right now....or at least it was supposed to be one :|
Guess it's a good sign that so many people want to play it!

Into episode 5 of KanColle. Not sure how I feel. At the very least I'm sure that I don't like the protagonist and a few of the supports.

And wow that's a lot of 3D use. (-_-")

Above-average CG though.

May 23, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #153,614 of 177,750
DanMachi 08

Eh so it's like ep 2-3

He didn't enter battle mode right after encountering the minotaur.
Waited until got beaten up then one knife pulled.
Okay, seems like he's Lv1 but has S-rank statuses. OP protag

Ryu best grill
who's this semen demon once again?

tbh I don't like where this is going the moment Syr clings to his arm

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back