「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Apr 14, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #150,811 of 177,750
That game is still alive?

Apr 14, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #150,812 of 177,750
Guitar Hero seems so damned pointless now that Rocksmith is a thing. 

Apr 14, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #150,813 of 177,750
Holy sh.it, I don't even. The French news was true:

- new Guitar Hero is an FMV game
- has only 3 lanes (although each lane has 2 buttons - top and bottom - so you need to press one, two or both)
- The FMVs are first-person
- "Expert" is now "Veteran"
- It has fu.cking Skrillex in it for some reason :-/
- So far the rest of the setlist seems powerchord-heavy
- It looks overall like a Frets On Fire mod

It looks baaaaad.

Apr 14, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #150,814 of 177,750

Aahahahah, a mate has the D25C, it's all the EDC you'll ever need.

If you want to go down the rechargeable route, I use the Xstar VP1, great charger that doesn't overcharge your batteries. (And I've checked it personally with a $7000 multimeter =P)

As for rechargeable batteries, the Eagletac ones should be readily available and reasonable quality, I have a pair of their RCR123/16340 and they seem just fine.

Ah, nice. Thanks for the links to the charger/rechargables. I know nothing about this stuff, so that's very useful info. Seems silly, but I'm really excited for the Eagletac haha! 

What they mean to say for their driving argument is that lower impedance loads are harder to control and it's not just about having low output impedance but about the way that the amp is able to control the flow of power in passages with stressful dynamic range fluctuations to more accurately control the load. Or something
smile.gif

Speaking of which, Cavalli transportable tomorrow anyone? Lol

Wish it was the portable...

But, I'm considering it nonetheless for absolutely no good reason. Should be relatively easy to sell at the least... I figure.

In regard to your resume adventures, have you tried to have someone who was more recently in a lab position and through the process take a look at it? Also, if there are any conventions taking place near you in the fields you are looking in, it wouldn't be a bad idea, not to ask for jobs but to try to make some contacts and give it that "initiative" thing people always talk about. At the least, you could get a mentor out of it.

Shigatsu wa OP is really awesome. Wish recording quality was better.

Watched an episode this morning and had to book it to not be late for a meeting. Pats self on back
rolleyes.gif
priorities yo.

LOL, after the mess with the Rockets and Light Harmonic I am never doing one of these dumb presale things again. I'm willing to bet almost anything that Cavalli will fall months behind somehow :l 

And yeah the OP is awesome. I liked every OP/ED to that show actually. Hardly ever skipped em. The music in general is just excellent on that show. Every OP/ED I've seen for the new slate of shows has just been terribad. Plastic Memories, Hibike, Yahari, Shougeki Soma, Adventures of GTO-otaku kun... all bleh. So very, very bleh 

It looks baaaaad.

Oh yeah Tom, I forgot to mention, I don't game on Steam. I have a few friends on there from years back, but I do most of my gaming on consoles since the most powerful PC in the house is a Macbook lol. If you ever pick up a Wii U/PS4, we can exchange gamer tags lol 

Apr 14, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #150,815 of 177,750
  Steam is downloading GTA with shockingly fast 240kb/s.
Only 4 more days to go ♥

Dang nice. You bought it for full price!?

Oh yeah Tom, I forgot to mention, I don't game on Steam. I have a few friends on there from years back, but I do most of my gaming on consoles since the most powerful PC in the house is a Macbook lol. If you ever pick up a Wii U/PS4, we can exchange gamer tags lol 

HEATHEN!

-Sent from Macbook Pro

Apr 14, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #150,816 of 177,750
Guitar Hero seems so damned pointless now that Rocksmith is a thing. 

And Mario Kart seems so dammed pointless now that rFactor is a thing.

These are like, almost as different things as you can make if dealing with the same subject (playing guitar). Unless you fancy a text adventure about notes falling down your fretboard or something along those lines.

Still, this looks awful. And DJ Hero (their creators are making the new GH) games were pretty cool actually.

Apr 14, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #150,817 of 177,750

Aahahahah, a mate has the D25C, it's all the EDC you'll ever need.

If you want to go down the rechargeable route, I use the Xstar VP1, great charger that doesn't overcharge your batteries. (And I've checked it personally with a $7000 multimeter =P)

As for rechargeable batteries, the Eagletac ones should be readily available and reasonable quality, I have a pair of their RCR123/16340 and they seem just fine.

Ah, nice. Thanks for the links to the charger/rechargables. I know nothing about this stuff, so that's very useful info. Seems silly, but I'm really excited for the Eagletac haha! 

I think I am one of those overkill people that carry a PD35 everyday.

Apr 14, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #150,818 of 177,750
HEATHEN!

-Sent from Macbook Pro

Exactly. I was never exactly fond of PC gaming. I went thru that phase in the 90's and I never had good experiences with KB/Mouse and wonky driver support. I just like to put a disc in and have it work every time. Although now that consoles are more PC like than ever even that has grown really annoying (patches/15-25 minute mandatory installs etc)

And Mario Kart seems so dammed pointless now that rFactor is a thing.

These are like, almost as different things as you can make if dealing with the same subject (playing guitar). Unless you fancy a text adventure about notes falling down your fretboard or something along those lines.

Still, this looks awful. And DJ Hero (their creators are making the new GH) games were pretty cool actually.

True true. Guitar is a very frustrating intstrument to learn but I guess speaking as an amateur guitarist with a real interest in it, stuff like GH feels dumb. I have played Guitar Hero, Rockband, and the myriad arcade guitar/drum Konami games in the past tho so I get the party appeal.

I haven't looked into the PD35. I'm afraid to lol. I kinda wanna get a Luma Incendio too after reading about it :l

Apr 14, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #150,819 of 177,750

Download speed is fluctuating between 150kb/s, 4mb/s and 0kb/s....
One hour to go! Or thirty. Dunno.

Yes, I bought it full price. Found keys on G2A etc for €40 but I felt like going the safe route this time.
I also feel like the price is justified (at least more than most other AAA releases nowadays).

Apr 14, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #150,820 of 177,750
Woke up today pretty sick and now going to have to miss work. Unfortunate day.

This was posted on Tokyo Otaku Mode, TDK's earphones for Anime and Gaming...
http://otakumode.com/news/551a6c242158342269e105a5/?utm_source=tom&utm_medium=zine&utm_campaign=zine20150414&utm_content=01

Not too much info, prices, or if it's a Japan exclusive, they look pretty cool and appear to pivot.

If it is a reasonable price I might try a pair but I fully expect them to be awful.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Apr 14, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #150,821 of 177,750
Oh yeah, just watched new Plastic Memories. Head honcho chick is Misato, and relaxed, "kakkoii" dude with sparse facial hair is Kaji. Bleh, this show and its lazy characterizations. Probably gonna drop it if things don't improve. 

Apr 14, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #150,822 of 177,750
  Oh yeah, just watched new Plastic Memories. Head honcho chick is Misato, and relaxed, "kakkoii" dude with sparse facial hair is Kaji. Bleh, this show and its lazy characterizations. Probably gonna drop it if things don't improve. 

But it has lots of crying people in it!
And anime-fied "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" stuff!

Apr 14, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #150,824 of 177,750

Users who are viewing this thread

Back