「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Apr 13, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #150,766 of 177,750
Their promotional videos are always like that though. : p

And yeah, I'd probably never ever use a smartwatch. I personally see zero use for it in my case.
That's a pretty low standard. lol
You could probably charge 10 times the price of the Tablet and audiophools would still buy it. Just slap on some fancy marketing and blah blah the first audiophile DAP to use an Nvidia chip and you should be set to go. XD

I found the AK100 II extremely underwhelming for example and they manage to charge $900 for it. I'd take my iPod 5G over that thing.

Anything with "Astell & Kern" on it would be more expensive than it should be

I am still pretty much bummed over the fact that there is a Love Live AK10...

I am really tempted to write a troll advertisement or troll review of it

My iPod Nano 7G is just enough for me lol... the screen is slightly damaged but otherwise a pretty good player

Apr 13, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #150,767 of 177,750
  Uhhh... good luck with that....
I really hate crowded places, stresses me out

Wait.... BD's out???

Me hate crowds too, but sitting in dark cinema is still considered ok poi
BD release is scheduled on 03July according to amazonjp.

@ gunslinger stratos OP

log horizon?

Wot that font, that scenery...

Speaking of which, Cavalli transportable tomorrow anyone? Lol

Wish it was the portable...

But, I'm considering it nonetheless for absolutely no good reason. Should be relatively easy to sell at the least... I figure.

Shigatsu wa OP is really awesome. Wish recording quality was better.

Nope, just ordered another desktop amp recently..
Do like the unity gain mode and ventless casing, but wonder what volume pot is in it and also how the smps performs poi

Yeah that +1

Apr 13, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #150,768 of 177,750

I carry no less than three flashlights EDC. 
tongue.gif

The Eagletac uses an 18650, the other two run on primaries. I don't really trust the Eagletac because it uses a clicky....I've had it for nearly two years now.

The old Fenix is just a twisty, no switches to go wrong. The McGizmo is similar, also twisty but with momentary function from it's piston drive, I like that it has two completely separate LED driver circuits, so it will still spit out light if one should fail. I've had these two for over five and a half years.

I wish I'd never seen this post. Like Jgray I also go through these annoying phases where I get obsessed with cool lookin little gadgets and whatnot even though I know that they likely have no use in my life. Well... since my cat went missing all of last night (she returned in the morning :l ), I realized I didn't have a decent flashlight on hand, so I went ahead and ordered an Eagletac D25C after spending roughly two hours researching flashlights :l 

Also, the cost of a McGizmo is nuts. Yeezus. 

Apr 13, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #150,769 of 177,750
I didn't care for the first OP in Psycho Pass so I'd skip it each time but I quite like the second opening.

Cause I feeeeeeel...

Psycho Pass openings are always pretty great. The opening to season 2 was probably the most redeeming thing about that season...

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Apr 13, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #150,770 of 177,750
Not your normal click. That's probably fine, especially if it's adjustable.

It's just the idea of the 3rd click (the Force Click) you get if you hold down the trackpad long enough that I personally see no use for.

Oh I see. Yeah there's not much use for it right now. I can mostly get the same functions with a 3-finger tap. I think the only app built to utilise it is QuickTime Pro since apparently you can press harder to FF/RW faster/slower respectively. I don't really care for that since I just scrub/skip though anyway. Developers should get that API though, so I expect to see more use of it in the future.

The keyboard clicks like that because of the steel dome button thing, which the flip phones also have. Does it feel more "mechanical" than the old scissor action keys?

Aren't flip phones a membrane switch too? If I recall correctly it's got the buttons with a short stem, rubber dome, and a metal piece that snaps as part of the membrane switch.

No, not at all. If anything, it feels less like you're typing on a piece of paper due to the lack of key travel, and the slight click you feel is like rolling a crumb underneath it. XD

Apr 14, 2015 at 12:18 AM Post #150,771 of 177,750
Sorry if this seems like a crosspost:

What the f*%# is going on with LH Labs and the Geek Wave campaign?

Am I insane to have assumed that I would put down my money waaay ahead of time, and in exchange, they would keep track and in a not totally unreasonable amount of time they would ship what they said they would?

I have no idea what I'm supposed to do in this stupid stupid completely unusable survey. How can a company not even be able to make a frickin survey.

Nor apparently be able to parse a csv file?

I literally don't understand. There is complex as hell engineering going on here and they can't do what we wouldn't even bat an eyelash asking of an intern.

Apr 14, 2015 at 12:41 AM Post #150,772 of 177,750
Sorry if this seems like a crosspost:

What the f*%# is going on with LH Labs and the Geek Wave campaign?

Am I insane to have assumed that I would put down my money waaay ahead of time, and in exchange, they would keep track and in a not totally unreasonable amount of time they would ship what they said they would?

I have no idea what I'm supposed to do in this stupid stupid completely unusable survey. How can a company not even be able to make a frickin survey.

Nor apparently be able to parse a csv file?

I literally don't understand. There is complex as hell engineering going on here and they can't do what we wouldn't even bat an eyelash asking of an intern.

If it makes you feel any better there were quite a number of people at CanJam that I talked to that were a tad unhappy with LH and the Geek Wave. I didn't back any of the Geek projects and hearing about everything that has happened with the projects sounds like it would the the patience of most.

Least by parsing the the Geek Wave thread it looks like it may come out in summer.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Apr 14, 2015 at 1:04 AM Post #150,773 of 177,750
If it makes you feel any better there were quite a number of people at CanJam that I talked to that were a tad unhappy with LH and the Geek Wave. I didn't back any of the Geek projects and hearing about everything that has happened with the projects sounds like it would the the patience of most.

Least by parsing the the Geek Wave thread it looks like it may come out in summer.

I haven't even been following it so the patience of those who have I can't even imagine.

My backed model is apparently "indefinitely" delayed :rolleyes:

Apr 14, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #150,774 of 177,750
Apr 14, 2015 at 3:02 AM Post #150,776 of 177,750
I wish I'd never seen this post. Like Jgray I also go through these annoying phases where I get obsessed with cool lookin little gadgets and whatnot even though I know that they likely have no use in my life. Well... since my cat went missing all of last night (she returned in the morning :l ), I realized I didn't have a decent flashlight on hand, so I went ahead and ordered an Eagletac D25C after spending roughly two hours researching flashlights :l 

Also, the cost of a McGizmo is nuts. Yeezus. 

Aahahahah, a mate has the D25C, it's all the EDC you'll ever need.

If you want to go down the rechargeable route, I use the Xstar VP1, great charger that doesn't overcharge your batteries. (And I've checked it personally with a $7000 multimeter =P)

As for rechargeable batteries, the Eagletac ones should be readily available and reasonable quality, I have a pair of their RCR123/16340 and they seem just fine.

Apr 14, 2015 at 3:54 AM Post #150,778 of 177,750
  Physical copies are soooooo 2008.

So, your 13h have passed already?

The fiio house sound is fine for most, the noble 4 are crazy easy to drive. I drive my x5>n4 all the time without issue. If I turned my x5 all the way up with its volume I'd be pretty worried about blowing up my n4 plus you would be an idiot listening that loud. The x5>c5 is a pretty sweet pairing and a pretty popular pairing at CanJam, tried a c5 with my x5 and I really liked it with my Noble 4.

Okay, crazy easy to drive.... Doesn't sound right if I want the ALO Rx Mk3.
I just hope it won't hiss with my Cayin C5.
My friend's SE535 hisses, a bit, but still.

Stopped the installing process and deleted GTA.
Took up over 130GB on my SSD.
That can't be right.
Will download the whole thing again tomorrow.

Why are you installing it on SSD? For faster loading?
Heck, it's 65GB game

Just saw Kiniro Mosaic ep 2

So fluffy .....

Me smurking the entire time lol

Aaaw yiissh

Coppelion?

dat forgotten anime.
Tbh I really liked the theme of Coppelion, the kind of post-apocalypse like S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
I just wished there were more detailed guns and fight

Apr 14, 2015 at 4:06 AM Post #150,779 of 177,750
  He lives near Lubeck. Probably near enough to visit it regularly/pretty often.

Exactly. I love the quiet little town I live in, but most my friends live in Lübeck, they have the better shops and restaurants there etc etc.

Coppelion?

Such a huge disappointment.

Why are you installing it on SSD? For faster loading?
Heck, it's 65GB game
  dat forgotten anime.
Tbh I really liked the theme of Coppelion, the kind of post-apocalypse like S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
I just wished there were more detailed guns and fight

Faster loading (which is kind of important for open-world games) and because I have the space...or at least I thought so. All my games go on my SSD. My HDD is exclusively filled with pics and music.

The amount of BS was of the charts. Dropped it after four episodes or so.
Man, that schiit was bad.

Apr 14, 2015 at 4:21 AM Post #150,780 of 177,750
Such a huge disappointment.

Faster loading (which is kind of important for open-world games) and because I have the space...or at least I thought so. All my games go on my SSD. My HDD is exclusively filled with pics and music.

The amount of BS was of the charts. Dropped it after four episodes or so.

Man, that schiit was bad.

Aaaah poor SSD. You gonna make its life shorter

Unfortunately, I have to agree it was bad. But the theme duudeeee.... Aaaaaah such a wasted potential. Post-apo, guns and deep plot would be my fav anime of all time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back