☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Feb 2, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #5,416 of 5,932
Mine has a hum out of the SE output as well, and its present whether I use the balanced or SE inputs, but only after 45 mins of it being powered on. The hum isn't present on the Balanced output. The hum seems to build up over time so I didn't notice it immediately after a cold start.

Feb 3, 2016 at 6:36 AM Post #5,417 of 5,932
Hmm, I have no hum in balanced input to balanced output, but when I used the balanced input with SE output, there is a buzzing sound that changes with volume.

When I use the SE input, there is no hum present when using the SE output.

Not sure why the buzz is present when going balanced -> SE, but no buzz when going SE -> SE.

This is from a using a Geek Pulse Infinity as source.

Feb 5, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #5,421 of 5,932
At the risk of opening a can of worms, any recommendations on short (1 foot or less ) RCA interconnects or any brands to avoid?  Currently using Blue Jeans RCA cables that I like but are a little too long and stiff/heavy for use with the light LC and ifi Micro as DAC.  Looks like plenty of options on Amazon under $40 so that's one possible price point, but open to being convinced to with a cheap Monoprice or something more expensive as I've never tried to see if I can hear the difference in RCAs.  

Feb 5, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #5,422 of 5,932
  At the risk of opening a can of worms, any recommendations on short (1 foot or less ) RCA interconnects or any brands to avoid?  Currently using Blue Jeans RCA cables that I like but are a little too long and stiff/heavy for use with the light LC and ifi Micro as DAC.  Looks like plenty of options on Amazon under $40 so that's one possible price point, but open to being convinced to with a cheap Monoprice or something more expensive as I've never tried to see if I can hear the difference in RCAs.  

I have kimber Kables but here are some other options  http://www.audioadvisor.com/RCA/products/394/

Feb 5, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #5,423 of 5,932
I think Chords nee C Line interconnect keep getting good reviews. Maybe check those out.

Feb 5, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #5,425 of 5,932

I use monoprice.com. Works well. And cheap!

Feb 6, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #5,426 of 5,932
Is Liquid Glass a noticeable improvement over Liquid Carbon?

Feb 6, 2016 at 9:55 AM Post #5,427 of 5,932
And, is Liquid Gold a sizable improvement over Liquid Glass or Crimson?
(haven't heard the Glass, but I'd be shocked if it doesn't or perform the LC).

Feb 6, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #5,428 of 5,932
I heard the below at a meet using an Ether headphone. An Yggdrasil was fed into the Glass and Crimson. An AURALiC VEGA was fed into the Carbon.

According to my ears: Glass > Crimson > Carbon

According to what I read in the Crimson thread: Gold > Crimson

Feb 6, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #5,429 of 5,932
And, is Liquid Gold a sizable improvement over Liquid Glass or Crimson?
(haven't heard the Glass, but I'd be shocked if it doesn't or perform the LC).

My Liquid Glass easily out performs the Liquid Carbon. I very much want to try out a Liquid Gold, to compare to other amps in my collection.

Feb 6, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #5,430 of 5,932
I reached pretty far for the Crimson, and I do love it.  The LAu is a bit beyond my reach for the foreseeable future.  The Glass has too danged many tubes...  The Crimson has about the right number of tubes for me to deal with, and sounds wonderful.  I look forward to hearing the liquid Gold with familiar headphones one of these days...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back