☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Feb 1, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #5,401 of 5,932
Basically Cavalli Audio isn't going to be chasing down second hand owners for warranty transfer so the responsibility is on the seller and/or buyer to inform Cavalli Audio of the ownership transfer, after which the lifetime warranty will be transferred to the new owner.

Feb 1, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #5,402 of 5,932
Wow, that is just a whole new level of customer satisfaction! Thank you for the clarification as well, I will definitely look up the website for contact details as soon as I gather the documents.

Edit: x Relic x, of course, this already is a privilege offered by the manufacturer !

Feb 1, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #5,403 of 5,932
Wow, that is just a whole new level of customer satisfaction! Thank you for the clarification as well, I will definitely look up the website for contact details as soon as I gather the documents.

Yes it is! Actually makes me never want to sell mine, knowing I'm in such good hands. lol!

Feb 1, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #5,404 of 5,932
While using the LC single ended does anyone have a hum? It is a little higher frequency than a standard 60hz. I do not notice it on balanced but today, for the first time, I tried the amp in SE and I get the hum. I isolated it to the amp. It is not sitting on anything that would put out a field and I have the LC plugged into my balanced power supply, which is extremely quiet as it uses a huge toroid specifically made for this purpose. 

Feb 1, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #5,405 of 5,932
I also get a hum in SE, but I thought it was the ground loop that I also hear on the HA-1 with sensitive IEMs. Doesn't change with volume.

Feb 1, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #5,406 of 5,932
I also get a hum in SE, but I thought it was the ground loop that I also hear on the HA-1 with sensitive IEMs. Doesn't change with volume.

No, it doesn't change with volume, which would be from input rather than from the amp. So it appears the LC has something they need to work out on the board for hum that it is picking up from the conversion from AC to DC. 

Feb 1, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #5,407 of 5,932

I had this same problem as well.  I can't use IEMs on the single-end output but mine already enroute to Alex to get the imbalance issues addressed.

Feb 1, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #5,408 of 5,932
Basically Cavalli Audio isn't going to be chasing down second hand owners for warranty transfer so the responsibility is on the seller and/or buyer to inform Cavalli Audio of the ownership transfer, after which the lifetime warranty will be transferred to the new owner.

Then why not just say that the unit has permanent warranty for its current owner, whomever that may be? I think that would be easier for everybody, Cavalli Audio included. 

Are they just dead-set against offering warranties for any units that might conceivably be stolen? Aside from that, why bother with the notifications? 

(Not that it matters, really, just being nitpicky.) 

Feb 1, 2016 at 11:09 PM Post #5,409 of 5,932
Then why not just say that the unit has permanent warranty for its current owner, whomever that may be? I think that would be easier for everybody, Cavalli Audio included. 

Are they just dead-set against offering warranties for any units that might conceivably be stolen? Aside from that, why bother with the notifications? 

(Not that it matters, really, just being nitpicky.) 

It's a pretty remarkable warranty, and possibly unprecedented in the amp world or maybe even electronic world. But it can't be completely unlimited (e.g., damage caused by the user via shipping or otherwise). If someone sells an LC in purported perfect working condition at market value and the buyer quickly tries to invoke the warranty, that should raise eyebrows as something that might be a user created problem and something that Cavalli may not be obligated to fix.

There's only 500 of these and people love them so there aren't going to be an impossible number of sales to monitor.

Feb 1, 2016 at 11:20 PM Post #5,410 of 5,932
Isn't it similar to the Koss warrantee? Which is one of a kind up until now...

Feb 2, 2016 at 12:18 AM Post #5,411 of 5,932
  While using the LC single ended does anyone have a hum? It is a little higher frequency than a standard 60hz. I do not notice it on balanced but today, for the first time, I tried the amp in SE and I get the hum. I isolated it to the amp. It is not sitting on anything that would put out a field and I have the LC plugged into my balanced power supply, which is extremely quiet as it uses a huge toroid specifically made for this purpose. 

FWIW, I've only been using SE so far and it's been dead quiet. 

Feb 2, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #5,412 of 5,932
  Hello folks. As you all know, I've been pretty quiet lately, fixing the few Carbons with problems, figuring out what the various problems are, and lying low until we were able to announce Warren. Yay.

I'm very happy to see that you guys have enjoying the amps. We stand by them.

But, if you have any questions I'm happy to try to answer.

There was a fellow (early in the impressions thread I believe) who ran into trouble when he plugged something into the SE output (a 1/4" to XLR adapter I believe) while the unit was powered on his headphones were plugged in to the 4-pin balanced output. Is it hazardous to have headphones plugged into balanced and SE output simultaneously, or did this customer have a faulty LC?  I have a LC on the way, and while I plan on mainly using balanced I will be using the SE input, and don't want to fry anything!

Thanks for your fantastic support 
beerchug.gif

Feb 2, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #5,414 of 5,932

There was a fellow (early in the impressions thread I believe) who ran into trouble when he plugged something into the SE input (a 1/4" to XLR adapter I believe) while the unit was powered on his headphones were plugged in to the 4-pin balanced input. Is it hazardous to have headphones plugged into balanced and SE inputs simultaneously, or did this customer have a faulty LC?  I have a LC on the way, and while I plan on mainly using balanced I will be using the SE input, and don't want to fry anything!

Thanks for your fantastic support 
beerchug.gif

Yes, he plugged both balanced and SE in and it fried something. It would pull more current on part of the circuit, which most likely caused it to heat up and the component to die an early death. 

I guess I need to send mine back in to cure the hum. 

Feb 2, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #5,415 of 5,932
Mine has slight hum from the SE output, this with balanced input. It gets better when I also hook up the SE input, but does not go away completely.

I just realised I have not tried it with only SE input. Need to unhook the balanced input and see what happens to the hum. Will try it tonight after work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back