☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Jan 20, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #5,386 of 5,932
Meanwhile, back to waiting 
popcorn.gif

frown.gif

Feb 1, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #5,387 of 5,932
Hi everybody!  
smile.gif

I know it’s been a while, but I wanted to circle back and update you guys on the Liquid Carbon.  Specifically, I wanted to touch on the issues that some of you have experienced, as well as what we’re doing on our end to fix them.

Dr. Cavalli has been cataloging the various issues encountered during the servicing of Liquid Carbon units, and we now have a pretty good idea of exactly what those are.  

Approximately 50% of the issues are due to failed potentiometers.  Approximately another 40% of the issues are due to failed resistors.  And the remaining 10% are due to some kind of PCB failure or another.  This is why most of the issues break down into either channel imbalance or distortion (particularly in one channel or another).

Luckily, these issues aren't widespread, and now that we know what’s going on with these units, we’ve been able to repair them at a fairly rapid pace, which is why many of you are getting them back so quickly.

That said, we’re sorry that any of you had to deal with these issues at all.  But we’re now highly confident that all Liquid Carbon owners (of which I am proud to be one) can look forward to years of trouble-free service.

And on the odd chance that something does happen, we’ll will be right here for you.  In fact, we’ll be making an announcement shortly that should put any and all lingering concerns to rest.

Thanks for being so patient and understanding everybody!  
redface.gif

Feb 1, 2016 at 2:27 AM Post #5,388 of 5,932
Thanks for the update Warren!

:beerchug:

Feb 1, 2016 at 2:34 AM Post #5,389 of 5,932
Feb 1, 2016 at 2:34 AM Post #5,390 of 5,932
[COLOR=454545]Hi everybody!  :smile: [/COLOR]

[COLOR=454545]I know it’s been a while, but I wanted to circle back and update you guys on the Liquid Carbon.  Specifically, I wanted to touch on the issues that some of you have experienced, as well as what we’re doing on our end to fix them.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=454545]Dr. Cavalli has been cataloging the various issues encountered during the servicing of Liquid Carbon units, and we now have a pretty good idea of exactly what those are.  [/COLOR]

[COLOR=454545]Approximately 50% of the issues are due to failed potentiometers.  Approximately another 40% of the issues are due to failed resistors.  And the remaining 10% are due to some kind of PCB failure or another.  This is why most of the issues break down into either channel imbalance or distortion (particularly in one channel or another).[/COLOR]

[COLOR=454545]Luckily, these issues aren't widespread, and now that we know what’s going on with these units, we’ve been able to repair them at a fairly rapid pace, which is why many of you are getting them back so quickly.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=454545]That said, we’re sorry that any of you had to deal with these issues at all.  But we’re now highly confident that all Liquid Carbon owners (of which I am proud to be one) can look forward to years of trouble-free service.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=454545]And on the odd chance that something does happen, we’ll will be right here for you.  In fact, we’ll be making an announcement shortly that should put any and all lingering concerns to rest.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=454545]Thanks for being so patient and understanding everybody!  :xf_eek: [/COLOR]

Thanks for the outstanding service and a big thanks ofr that awesome device! I'm regularly floating in music! :)

Have a great time

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:08 AM Post #5,391 of 5,932
Feb 1, 2016 at 5:50 AM Post #5,393 of 5,932
For someone that's doing the slow burn in (less then 40 hours in), this is very reassuring.  Thanks Alex and Warren for proving this amp was more then worth the wait...

Feb 1, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #5,394 of 5,932
very reassuring,more manufacturers should do the same!As a new owner of a LC that was broken and repaired it gives me great confidence in Cavalli products going forward1

Feb 1, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #5,395 of 5,932
Hello folks. As you all know, I've been pretty quiet lately, fixing the few Carbons with problems, figuring out what the various problems are, and lying low until we were able to announce Warren. Yay.

I'm very happy to see that you guys have enjoying the amps. We stand by them.

But, if you have any questions I'm happy to try to answer.

Feb 1, 2016 at 6:17 PM Post #5,397 of 5,932
  So if I sell my Carbon, for, say, a a Crimson, the new owner will only have a warranty from 1 year of my original purchase? 

If the new owner requests so, and provides me with information regarding the change in title for the Carbon, I would be happy to transfer the warranty to him/her.  
smile.gif

Feb 1, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #5,399 of 5,932
  Wait, I've also read the other thread, so the lifetime warranty only applies to original owners ? And if it's transfered, do you get only 1 year of warranty ? Sorry, I'm a bit confused :D

The Liquid Carbon now has a lifetime warranty so I would guess that is the warranty that would be transfered.

Feb 1, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #5,400 of 5,932
Quote:
  Wait, I've also read the other thread, so the lifetime warranty only applies to original owners ? And if it's transfered, do you get only 1 year of warranty ? Sorry, I'm a bit confused :D

It applies to original owners by default, because we know who they are/were.  
smile.gif
  Subsequent owners will need to contact me so that I know who to transfer the warranty from/to.

The Liquid Carbon now has a lifetime warranty so I would guess that is the warranty that would be transfered.

Yes, pretty much, though again it would be upon request and notification of change of ownership.  
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back