☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Jan 11, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #5,342 of 5,932
Yeah, the chances look pretty unfavorable now. So do they usually announce it exclusively on HF when they're planning another set ? 

It's only happened this once, that I'm aware of. But I have already seen two for sale in the classifieds.

Jan 11, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #5,343 of 5,932
my amp will be here tomorrow @_@  i won't be able to seep today :D 

Jan 11, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #5,344 of 5,932
You'll be a very sleepy headphone listener tomorrow!

Jan 11, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #5,347 of 5,932
How long until we see used LCs going for higher than retail?

basshead.gif

(Given the significant birthing pains of the product, and how incredibly awesome it is, I hope it's worth Alex's while to make it a permanent part of his line-up, even at a higher price-point. I personally would think it was a good deal even for $800-1000, though people may balk at paying that much for something that used to go for $600.) 

Jan 12, 2016 at 12:26 AM Post #5,348 of 5,932
  How long until we see used LCs going for higher than retail?

basshead.gif

(Given the significant birthing pains of the product, and how incredibly awesome it is, I hope it's worth Alex's while to make it a permanent part of his line-up, even at a higher price-point. I personally would think it was a good deal even for $800-1000, though people may balk at paying that much for something that used to go for $600.) 

It's against Head-Fi rules (that would be considered flipping) so I wouldn't count on it (eBay is always an option but then you take a 14% cut). Also once you clear $1k there are amps that outperform the LC (albeit usually in a larger/heavier form factor).

As for another LC run, this whole thing seems like it's been pretty hard on Cavalli (having to deal with external manufacturers and what not). I doubt we see another LC run for a while. Alex will probably make sure everyone is happy with the amps he has already sold and then start a new project (probably going back to internal manufacturing).
I'd say it'll be a few months before anything new comes out of Cavalli. That's all conjecture on my part though. 
beerchug.gif

Jan 12, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #5,349 of 5,932

It's against Head-Fi rules (that would be considered flipping) so I wouldn't count on it (eBay is always an option but then you take a 14% cut). Also once you clear $1k there are amps that outperform the LC (albeit usually in a larger/heavier form factor). 

I don't really know (or care, since I don't intend to sell mine), but I thought it wasn't considered flipping if you used it for a while before selling it. 

Jan 12, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #5,350 of 5,932

I don't really know (or care, since I don't intend to sell mine), but I thought it wasn't considered flipping if you used it for a while before selling it. 

http://www.head-fi.org/a/buy-sell-trade-rules

Commercial sales and "Flipping"

3. The classifieds are for personal, non-commercial non-profit sales.  

Buying and selling items on the forums for the express purpose of making a profit is not allowed. Buying an item to immediately resell at a profit is known as "flipping."

However, items purchased some months or years prior to the sale for private use, the market value for which has changed, can be sold at their current market value.

The important part is that last bit. In a few months if people feel like the value of the LC has increased (rather than decreased, as is usually the case) then you'd be allowed to sell it for whatever someone would pay you for it. Like I said though, you're not going to make much of a profit with amps like the microZOTL2.0 sitting @ the $1k line (unless a collector just REALLY wants an LC, which is totally understandable). 
wink.gif

Jan 12, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #5,351 of 5,932
Agreed, the LC is great at its price point...if you get to $1k, makes sense to get a ZOTL.

Jan 13, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #5,352 of 5,932
Jan 13, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #5,353 of 5,932
Jan 13, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #5,354 of 5,932
May i ask one who knows,what is the best way to burn the LC in?any suggestions?....can it simply be left plugged in and on or do i have to have music play through it?

Jan 13, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #5,355 of 5,932
  May i ask one who knows,what is the best way to burn the LC in?any suggestions?....can it simply be left plugged in and on or do i have to have music play through it?

what i am doing is: ipad left on with a charger + LC on low gain , volume pot 11-12 clock , music on (album repeat) 

and will leave it like this till it complete 150 hours

no headphones need  to be plugged in, so the burn in covers the whole amp, not just SE or Balanced. 

make sure the auto shut down is off on the ipad. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back