☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Jan 10, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #5,327 of 5,932
so in other words even if i use a balanced cable from the LC I will not be receiving a balanced signal if i use the hugo or mojo?

Jan 10, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #5,328 of 5,932
  so in other words even if i use a balanced cable from the LC I will not be receiving a balanced signal if i use the hugo or mojo?

Nope there is a phase shifter or something like that that makes your se in a balanced out to the phones.

Jan 10, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #5,331 of 5,932
I thought it was a shape shifter...wait, wrong site! :)

Jan 10, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #5,332 of 5,932
And it works very very well! Only a decrease of 1dB compared to BAL input (both from a Gumby). Barely noticeable unless you are sitting there hitting the SE/BAL button.

Agree - The Mojo into the LC works very well, with the LC's phase splitter turning the Mojo's SE signal into a great balanced output. Cheers

Jan 10, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #5,333 of 5,932
Will there ever be any more of these ? Gonna have to excuse my lack of info, I don't really know how their business plan works. From what I've read about older models, it does seem like it might be discontinued.

Jan 10, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #5,334 of 5,932
Will there ever be any more of these ? Gonna have to excuse my lack of info, I don't really know how their business plan works. From what I've read about older models, it does seem like it might be discontinued.

There may be more down the road, but nobody knows. They certainly won't be sold at the same price as Cavalli has discounted the initial run of Liquid Carbons as a thank you to the community, again, if he ever makes them again.

Jan 11, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #5,336 of 5,932
  Seems really unlikely considering all the issue related to the manufacturer.

I would venture a guess that Mr. Cavalli would consider it and having learned what worked and what didn't, will make the necessary adjustments for the next run.  Although as mentioned above, the price may be a bit higher when that happens.  But take heart, there is always the used market and if this hobby has taught me anything, it's that G.A.S. is always present as we are all in search of that end-game system with that perfect sound

Jan 11, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #5,338 of 5,932
Finally got to test my LC in balanced mode with new cables and it turns out the cables I purchased initially were not working and there's nothing wrong with my amp.  I made contact with Mr. Cavalli and he was extremely helpful throughout the process of troubleshooting. 

Jan 11, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #5,340 of 5,932
  Alright, thx for the info ! I hope there will be at least an official announcement soon, their website doesn't seem to hint anything.

I wouldn't expect any official announcement.  If you look at the original announcement post

http://www.head-fi.org/t/762722/cavalli-audio-liquid-carbon-now-available

It was said to be the first (and possibly only) run, and that was with a 4 month production goal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back