☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Dec 22, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #5,041 of 5,932
  Try both with the LC in balanced out mode. My preference was only based on SE output so maybe that's why I preferred the HE400S.

I don't have the 650's but have have heard them and I prefer the 400S . I am making balanced cables for them to see if there is a advantaged there but everything sounds better with the LC.

If you guys prefer the 400s, honestly you don't need to have the Liquid Carbon to get the best from that headphone. Nor do you need a balanced cable. 400s is amazingly efficient and will be driven well even from a smart phone or ipod. 

Dec 22, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #5,042 of 5,932
Per the conversation on possible burn-in difference - here's an idea if any of you would like to try it:

When you first receive your LC amp, connect one of the headphone outputs to an audio-to-digital-converter (like a pro-quality recorder with with a line-in) to record a song or two, then after 100-150 hours of burn in, 'rinse & repeat', ensuring it's volume-matched with the first time. Next play the recording back on your computer or other, to compare any differences between pre/post burn-in, and optionally inspect the waveform visually.

Dec 22, 2015 at 10:16 PM Post #5,043 of 5,932

If you guys prefer the 400s, honestly you don't need to have the Liquid Carbon to get the best from that headphone. Nor do you need a balanced cable. 400s is amazingly efficient and will be driven well even from a smart phone or ipod. 

So your saying a iPod or smart phone sounds better than the LC? For the HE-400S? Sorry I get it know. If you prefer the He-400S over the HD-650 then you should just listen to them on a iPhone or iPad as they are just too inferior for anything better.

Dec 23, 2015 at 4:30 AM Post #5,044 of 5,932
Thanks:beerchug: I'll consider them if I can find a good deal on them.  I really like my HE-500's with the Carbon, more than my Alpha Dogs, but I don't like how heavy they are for long listening sessions.  
I'm also considering the Nighthawks, and am wondering if anyone has heard them with the Carbon?

Don't consider the Nighthawk, please. You'll thank me later :D

Dec 23, 2015 at 4:36 AM Post #5,045 of 5,932
So your saying a iPod or smart phone sounds better than the LC? For the HE-400S? Sorry I get it know. If you prefer the He-400S over the HD-650 then you should just listen to them on a iPhone or iPad as they are just too inferior for anything better.

Nah there will be some benefits for the 400S. Not as big as with more inefficient headphones but it will sound better than from an iphone :)

Dec 23, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #5,046 of 5,932
am i the only one here with "Pending" as stats? ....

its there with Fedex since a week......... taking a shower or something... before they said it will be here by the end of DEC-22th............. 

Dec 23, 2015 at 4:54 AM Post #5,047 of 5,932
am i the only one here with "[COLOR=4D148C]Pending[/COLOR]" as stats? ....

its there with Fedex since a week......... taking a shower or something... before they said it will be here by the end of DEC-22th............. 

1-800-GOFEDEX

Dec 23, 2015 at 6:08 AM Post #5,048 of 5,932

1-800-GOFEDEX

The Shipper (Manufacturer) hasn't sent them to the carrier yet. So probably contact Cavalli Audio's Logistics (The guy that emailed you the address and contact confirmation).

Dec 23, 2015 at 6:12 AM Post #5,049 of 5,932

The Shipper (Manufacturer) hasn't sent them to the carrier yet. So probably contact Cavalli Audio's Logistics (The guy that emailed you the address and contact confirmation).

not really, fedex got it since ages

" all amps have been delivered to Fed Ex "

this is from Terry (Cavali Audio)

Dec 23, 2015 at 6:20 AM Post #5,050 of 5,932
  not really, fedex got it since ages

" all amps have been delivered to Fed Ex "

this is from Terry (Cavali Audio)

Dec 23, 2015 at 6:53 AM Post #5,051 of 5,932

Well i have the same label created page with Fed Ex.  From Terry at Cavalli  they have all been handed over to Fed Ex?  Sitting here in limbo.  I just want to make sure im home.  Probably wont matter i hear them drop kick my boxes all the time on my front poarch!!!  Look outside and their already driving off!!!  

Dec 23, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #5,053 of 5,932
  Same situation from me.
I don't mind waiting for the amp but I'm a bit pissed to have payed so much for express shipping for nothing.

i feel you man, the fact that fedex had the package for a week doing nothing is ultra annoying, i mean its Fedex Express,

and the real bothersome question is "When???" will it start moving........ 

i really hope Fedex don't lose or damage my stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back