☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run!
Nov 1, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #1,037 of 1,260
Regarding Amarra 4, you'll be receiving a joint statement from us and Sonic Studio shortly.  While Amarra 4 was formally announced at RMAF, the actual delivery date is scheduled for the end of the month.  You'll be receiving a confirmation email guaranteeing your license soon, followed by your license key and download instructions about a week afterward, which is - again - towards the end of this month.
Any update on the above email, license and download process? 

Nov 2, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #1,039 of 1,260
It seems I am the only one left posting here?

When I decided to buy the LC2 I was highly sceptical about t the added value of a headphone amp with high sensitivity headphones/IEMs. But I wanted to give it a go.

So it's with quite some surprise that, despite very basic but decent IEMs, I can clearly hear a big difference using the LC.
I did some A/B testing using my AK120II as source, with vs without the LC.
Surprisingly enough I can clearly hear an increase of soundstage and instrument separation when using the amp.
And it's not a slight change!

I also have the impression that the LC2 smoothens a bit some harshness in the treble of some tracks.

I hope what I am saying makes sense...

Nov 2, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #1,040 of 1,260
20h in the burn-in process and my LC2 literally burns! Is this normal?

I have the LC1, and it does get warm, but not hot.  Maybe the new power supply is warmer still.  Might be worth touching base with Cavalli on that issue just to make sure.

When I decided to buy the LC2 I was highly sceptical about t the added value of a headphone amp with high sensitivity headphones/IEMs. But I wanted to give it a go.

So it's with quite some surprise that, despite very basic but decent IEMs, I can clearly hear a big difference using the LC.
Surprisingly enough I can clearly hear an increase of soundstage and instrument separation when using the amp.

I also have the impression that the LC2 smoothens a bit some harshness in the treble of some tracks.

I've been using a Hugo as the DAC, and to me it does add a degree of depth to the soundstage.  Mostly though, with both headphones and iems, it adds more weight and  body to the lower end without overpowering the mids and treble.  There's a slight warmth added to the sq, but no muddying of the clarity and instrument separation! This is particularly great with phones that are more on the neutral side, IMO.

Nov 2, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #1,041 of 1,260

Reply rom Alex when asked about leaving LC to burn in for long hours...

Code:
 [color=#B22222][i]I don’t recommend this although it shouldn’t be a problem. If you are concerned about breakin my opinion is that Carbon 2 sounds very good out of the box and if you just let it break in during normal listening it will do that gradually and smoothly[/i][/color]

Nov 2, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #1,043 of 1,260

We should move discussion to the Amp forum thread for the Carbon 2 for the long term.....

http://www.head-fi.org/t/822866/cavalli-audios-liquid-carbon-2-0-owners-impressions

Nov 2, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #1,045 of 1,260

I wish I could comment!

My LC2 arrived today. I'm staring at it now but cannot use it as I'm waiting for my DAC & Phones to arrive 
frown.gif

I will comment when I can listen to it. Enjoy yours 
beyersmile.png

Nov 3, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #1,046 of 1,260
Nov 3, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #1,047 of 1,260

I have the LC1, and it does get warm, but not hot.  Maybe the new power supply is warmer still.  Might be worth touching base with Cavalli on that issue just to make sure.

I've been using a Hugo as the DAC, and to me it does add a degree of depth to the soundstage.  Mostly though, with both headphones and iems, it adds more weight and  body to the lower end without overpowering the mids and treble.  There's a slight warmth added to the sq, but no muddying of the clarity and instrument separation! This is particularly great with phones that are more on the neutral side, IMO.

Thanks! I will also use it with the Hugo but I can't find a convenient way to stack them and I need a shorter RCA cable (I ahve a fantastic Atlas but it's 50cm long, too much).
Can you tell what is your solution? A pic will do. 

Nov 3, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #1,048 of 1,260

Thanks! I will also use it with the Hugo but I can't find a convenient way to stack them and I need a shorter RCA cable (I ahve a fantastic Atlas but it's 50cm long, too much).

This is what I currently use (forza RCA's), but I also have a 3.5mm to 3.5mm Toxic Cable Hydra18 connector on the way to try (15cm)

Nov 3, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #1,049 of 1,260

Code:
 [color=rgb(178, 34, 34)][i]I don’t recommend this although it shouldn’t be a problem. If you are concerned about breakin my opinion is that Carbon 2 sounds very good out of the box and if you just let it break in during normal listening it will do that gradually and smoothly[/i][/color]

I just got back my LC2 after Alex fixed the volume pot, and it's great to be listening to it.  I talked to Alex on the phone and can verify we should forget about the burn-in and just start enjoying our new amp.  I'm following his advice and I'm very pleased with the sound, very musical, especially if you just lean back and just listen.  It'll be a long time to hit that 150 hour mark, but that's okay.  Who said that sometimes the journey is as important as the destination.

Nov 3, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #1,050 of 1,260

Schiit sells some affordable short RCA cables 6 "/15cm, their PYST cables under accessories. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back