☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run!
Oct 13, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #917 of 1,260
Oct 13, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #919 of 1,260
Know this is a very stupid question, but, as I've mentioned before, I am not tech savy, but just love great sounding music. Could someone tell me how to connect and use a Chord Mojo with my new LC?  Thanks

Oct 13, 2016 at 8:38 PM Post #920 of 1,260
  Know this is a very stupid question, but, as I've mentioned before, I am not tech savy, but just love great sounding music. Could someone tell me how to connect and use a Chord Mojo with my new LC?  Thanks

Not really such a stupid question.  Had to do it yesterday.

You need to plug the Mojo with the power off into the 3.5 jack on the back of the LC. Then hold down all Three eye ball down until the power comes on and your at line level (just using the DAC section of the Mojo)  the two volume buttons (eye balls)  will glow a lovely shade of Blue.

Then control all of your volume from the LC

Hope this helps

Oct 13, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #921 of 1,260

You need to plug the Mojo with the power off into the 3.5 jack on the back of the LC. Then hold down all Three eye ball down until the power comes on and your at line level (just using the DAC section of the Mojo)  the two volume buttons (eye balls)  will glow a lovely shade of Blue.

Hope this helps

For clarity, holding down the three buttons on the Mojo during the power on cycle simply sets the volume to an output level of 3Vrms. That's it, it's just a volume setting. Nothing is bypassed or changed internally. The Mojo does not have a separate headamp as such and drives headphones directly from the DACs line-out stage 100% of the time. It's a brilliant design and very transparent and the measurements show this. Many people do not realize this. If the external amp clips, or your headphones are too sensitive to use much of the Liquid Carbon's volume control, then clicking the vol- button 4 times will set the output voltage to 1.9Vrms, which is much closer to the CD standard of 2Vrms. You will not be losing anything as far as quality by doing this.

Oct 13, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #922 of 1,260
LC arrived today.  Sounds absolutely wonderful, so much more detail.  Only one problem, I have either a bad solder joint or a flaky volume pot.  Right channel keeps going out and/or down in volume starting at the 12 o'clock position.  If I jiggle the knob it sometimes comes back in normally but as soon as I touch it again it goes out.  Emailed Alex and Warren.  Possible RMA.

Oct 13, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #923 of 1,260
LC arrived today.  Sounds absolutely wonderful, so much more detail.  Only one problem, I have either a bad solder joint or a flaky volume pot.  Right channel keeps going out and/or down in volume starting at the 12 o'clock position.  If I jiggle the knob it sometimes comes back in normally but as soon as I touch it again it goes out.  Emailed Alex and Warren.  Possible RMA.

That is too bad. They will take care of you for sure.

Oct 13, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #924 of 1,260
Hi doraymon,

You raise a valid point. In my excitement, I plainly forgot there were additional threads regarding the same topic :) 

If you want me to, I can close the one I started and request the mod/admin the same.

Thanks for asking my friend, mine was just an opinion. It's the administration to develop ideas if they want to close the new thread and merge with this or another one of the already existing:beers:

Oct 13, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #925 of 1,260

Hope this helps

My problem is what kind of cord do I use to make this attachment? (This is the stupidest part).

Oct 13, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #926 of 1,260
  My problem is what kind of cord do I use to make this attachment? (This is the stupidest part).

Something like this.  I don't know the quality of this one but this is the cable you need.  You can pay as little as this one or hundreds of dollars for a high quality one.
https://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge-3-5mm-Stereo-Audio-Cable/dp/B004LTEUDO

Oct 13, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #927 of 1,260

The Liquid Carbon has a 3.5mm input so just use any 3.5mm to 3.5mm TRS interconnect from the Mojo. It's the same input as the RCA (don't connect both at the same time).

Oct 13, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #928 of 1,260
  Something like this.  I don't know the quality of this one but this is the cable you need.  You can pay as little as this one or hundreds of dollars for a high quality one.
https://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge-3-5mm-Stereo-Audio-Cable/dp/B004LTEUDO

Thanks very much. I have a long one on hand. Probably will order something shorter.

Oct 13, 2016 at 11:15 PM Post #929 of 1,260
Oct 13, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #930 of 1,260
Alex already contacted me and they will fix it!  Great Customer Service!!

I admire your enthusiasm, this is clearly driven by your appreciation of the brand.
If it happened to me I would probably be less enthusiastic for the quick response and more concerned about why a defective amp (if this is the case of course) has been even shipped to begin with.
No attack here guys, just sharing my thoughts after reading the post.
I am sure that the trust comes from the excellent brand reputation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back