€500-€600 IEMs for audio professional
Oct 28, 2017 at 10:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

TimeSnow

500+ Head-Fier
Looking to spend €500-€600.

I will need to be able to work with these from time to time, but would also like to enjoy them. LOL.

Having sub bass is very important to me, but it can't overwhelm, etc. No V shapes, please.

I have been asking around a bit and the suggestions that most stick out are:

A&K Michelle
Nobel Sage
Audeze iSine 20
CA Polaris
DUNU DK-3001

I am wary of buying a "cheap" product in a line up. The A&K is the cheapest thing they make. I am also wary of the Dunu because of the fit.

And no I can't try them before I buy them.

Any help or comparisons would be EXTREMELY helpful. Any additions to the list would also be helpful. I don't care who makes them, but do care about build, comfort and of course sound quality. Do to my work I am not guaranteed to have a good headphone amp or the same one at all times. So tooooo source dependent is a no no.

Thanks so much for any help! :)

Oct 30, 2017 at 4:06 AM Post #2 of 5
Consider the InEar Stagediver series. Comfort and fit are insanely good.
Buildquality is also top notch, My aurisonics ASG 1.2 feel sturdier (and a bit heavier), but finish on SD-2 is better (no grooves).
Plus, they have replaceeble wax filters (designed for stage performers).

Oct 31, 2017 at 6:38 AM Post #3 of 5
Well the iSine 20 are completely open back and don't isolate at all,

Have you considered the 64 Audio U3, or if you can up your budget the U6.

I have the Sage and they are truly impressive and fun to listen to but my 64 Audio U6 have better sub-bass extension.

Nov 1, 2017 at 3:43 AM Post #4 of 5
Well the iSine 20 are completely open back and don't isolate at all,

Have you considered the 64 Audio U3, or if you can up your budget the U6.

I have the Sage and they are truly impressive and fun to listen to but my 64 Audio U6 have better sub-bass extension.

64 Audio looks good... I'm just not relatively ignorant about their sound. Must do some research.

Thanks!

Dec 8, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #5 of 5
I might be too late to the party, but I can vouch for the U6's tight sub bass. My listening preferences include a more natural sound, but with tight bass and sub bass. I don't like bass cannons and overly-emphasized highs or mids.

At RMAF and CANJAM this past October, I tried Shure 535 and 846, iSines, Empire Audio, Campfire Andromeda and Vega and others and I chose the U6.

Their EQ is listed on their product page here:

https://www.64audio.com/product/1964-A6-Custom-In-Ear-Monitor

In the drop down menu, check out the difference between the A4/A8 and the A6. The A6 is exactly what I like. It is the same for the U6's, but their site isn't showing anything in the "U" series other than the really high end stuff. The B-stock, however is 30% off retail and there are some Apex U6's available.

Good luck, if you're still looking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back