π Audio - "Pai Audio"
Nov 13, 2015 at 4:38 AM Post #47 of 449
  Haha yes I changed the tips. the design and the color matches very well. The tube diameter is little bit tight for the nozzle but still works great.  

By the way, are you the paiaudio employee who manages ebay store? I think I talked with you via ebay message.

It really looks better that way.  yes , i manage ebay store, nice talking to you both via ebay message and Head-fi.
regular_smile .gif

alex from paiaudio.

Nov 21, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #48 of 449
Pai also has their dynamic driver range the Dr3.

Similar to the Mr3 they both look similar to ciems. As I do not have the Mr3 personally I am unable to compare(Sorry)

But the Dr3 is great! Sounds 10 times more than what is paid!

Place of purchase: Aliexpress
Price:25USD( Prices Range:25-35 USD)

These earpieces are large in size thus providing a very good fit and thus may be responsible for it's nice bass

Bass: Bass are just nice, not to bassy that treble and mids suffer but still giving the punch that a lot of people want.

Trebble: Generally Ok, just slightly better than average.

Vocals : This is where the iems really shine they are beast! Clear and true to life,only complain is that it has quite a constrain soundstage for the quality it gives. A tat to much volume to little surround sound.

Generally these are good in both style and sound for those student audiophiles with tight budget but do not want to buy branded crap that is overpriced.

Pai Audio is a good company, they are up and coming! Good old quality at affordable prices

P.S: They look similar to their older brother the Mr3 thus no pictures

P.P.S : They their specs can be found online .

Nov 21, 2015 at 11:57 PM Post #49 of 449
  Pai also has their dynamic driver range the Dr3.

Similar to the Mr3 they both look similar to ciems. As I do not have the Mr3 personally I am unable to compare(Sorry)

But the Dr3 is great! Sounds 10 times more than what is paid!

Place of purchase: Aliexpress
Price:25USD( Prices Range:25-35 USD)

These earpieces are large in size thus providing a very good fit and thus may be responsible for it's nice bass

Bass: Bass are just nice, not to bassy that treble and mids suffer but still giving the punch that a lot of people want.

Trebble: Generally Ok, just slightly better than average.

Vocals : This is where the iems really shine they are beast! Clear and true to life,only complain is that it has quite a constrain soundstage for the quality it gives. A tat to much volume to little surround sound.

Generally these are good in both style and sound for those student audiophiles with tight budget but do not want to buy branded crap that is overpriced.

Pai Audio is a good company, they are up and coming! Good old quality at affordable prices

P.S: They look similar to their older brother the Mr3 thus no pictures

P.P.S : They their specs can be found online .

Hi Kovi,

it' s dr 1 instead of dr3.  thanks for buying from us.
Good review !!!

Huge thanks!

Alex from paiaudio.

Nov 25, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #50 of 449

Got the MR3 today from the 11/11 sale! (shipping record for me as they shipped on the 14th) Holy mother of 80's disco they are tip dependent. Have been fiddling around for 3hours now and for me large double flange silicone seems the way to go. A couple of hours into listening now and I feel I've made an excellent buy. Extremely happy :blush:

Nov 25, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #51 of 449
Oh and I've got to mention the fit. When it comes to comfort these are the most comfortable iems I've ever owned or tried. I honestly don't even feel them when I wear them.

Nov 25, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #52 of 449

Got the MR3 today from the 11/11 sale! (shipping record for me as they shipped on the 14th) Holy mother of 80's disco they are tip dependent. Have been fiddling around for 3hours now and for me large double flange silicone seems the way to go. A couple of hours into listening now and I feel I've made an excellent buy. Extremely happy :blush:

We are glad that you like it. Hope to hear more from you in the future
smile.gif

Nov 26, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #56 of 449
As i'm interested in 3.14 M3 for my collection, i checked on AliExpress for them and i found a seller that has this model for only $ 76 instead the normal price of $ 170: the price is quite suspect (too low!) to think that this is a legit product from a trusted seller!

Anyone bought them at that price?

Thanks!

Nov 26, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #57 of 449
As i'm interested in 3.14 M3 for my collection, i checked on AliExpress for them and i found a seller that has this model for only $ 76 instead the normal price of $ 170: the price is quite suspect (too low!) to think that this is a legit product from a trusted seller!

Thanks!

I bought them a bit for sub $100 after coupons on the 11/11 sale. $76 hmm, dunno...

Nov 26, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #58 of 449

Thanks!

It is not supposed to be that cheap. I won't buy it if I were you.

Nov 26, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #59 of 449
I bought them a bit for sub after coupons on the 11/11 sale. hmm, dunno...

It is not supposed to be that cheap. I won't buy it if I were you.

Thanks! It was to cheap to be true but i'm quite new to AliExpress and i often see prices going down up to 50%...

Nov 28, 2015 at 2:17 AM Post #60 of 449

Isn't this DR1 beautiful?

And a little fun in Photoshop. 
tongue.gif

MR3 to the left, MR2 to the right (actual colour is orange http://www.head-fi.org/t/633511/pictures-of-your-portable-rig-part-xvi/18450#post_12112274).

Alex sent me the DR1 and MR2 to check them out, so you can expect my reviews circa in the middle of December.

What I can say now (very brief impressions) about the MR2 is that is a brilliant IEM, just like the MR3.
Less treble, more bass. Treble is more natural, not metallic. Middle treble a bit more in the background, guarantees for a really good non-fatiguing listening experience.
Resolution might be a bit better with the MR3, but the MR2 is effing excellent for the money as well (and has the more natural treble). Dang, that large woofer's bass body - nice.
Bass is a little faster on the MR3 (typical character of those little dual-woofers), bt the MR2's low-end is very fast as well and just as arid and dry.
Mature yet fun sound signature.
Just like the MR3, the MR2 features a dual-bore design (with a dedicated acoustic filter in each bore) behind the mesh in the nozzle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back