π Audio - "Pai Audio"
Oct 13, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #17 of 449
Oct 23, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #20 of 449
Just wanted to give you guys a little update on the MR3: it might be that I don't have the best fit/seal with those, as measurements (with my pseudo-711-calibrated and diffuse-field compensated Vibro Veritas) showed that they are, excellent fit and seal provided, a bit north of the neutral-ish UERM in the lows and with more middle treble (where the UE is a bit recessed anyway).
However in my ears, they have about the same amount of bass as the ER-4S and less than the Phonak Audéo PFE 1xx with grey filters (which has pretty much the same amount of bass as the UE) and they resemble a brighter kind of neutral - for me.

Doesn't change the fact though that I find them extremely good for the price.

Oct 23, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #21 of 449
I would experiment with different tips to see if you can get a better seal.

Oct 23, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #22 of 449
It's not the tips, the angle of the nozzle is the "problem".

Well, I wouldn't even consider it as a problem, as I like the way they sound. And as I wrote in my review that it could be that the mids are a bit recessed, and when I shift the measurement down by 2 dB, it matches the UERM's lows.
I find that sometimes it is not possible to tell whether the IEMs have got emphasised lows by solely looking at measurements, as often models that have got emphasised mids as well look less bassy than they actually are.

Oct 23, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #23 of 449
I ordered a pair, will let you know what I find, in case they fit my ears better than yours.
Cheers.

Oct 24, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #24 of 449
Looking forward to your impressions! 
smile.gif

Fit isn't bad - once they are in and seal, seal stays and they are cofy. But it takes a bit longer than with other IEMs and I also can't get them as deep as other IEMs.

Nov 3, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #25 of 449
Does the m3's have available sub bass, so I can use the eq and bass boost to shape the bass to suite my preferences?

Like with the ue900 I can enjoy quite a good bass line with everything tweaked on the zx2, is it at least able to do that level of bass or will I be left disappointed?

Thanks in advanced.

Nov 4, 2015 at 1:08 AM Post #26 of 449

Measurement off my pseudo-calibrated Veritas with applied diffuse-field target. Still not the most accurate curve, but very roughly comparable with an IEC 711 coupler.
Just meant as comparative measurements for the lows (upper treble varies with some models - my UERM has at least a 10 dB less upper treble peak and the Pai is also a bit more gentle in the upper highs.
Bass is pretty much exactly 2 dB more than on the UERM - may be that my seal is only 90 or 95% right, as I perceive bass to be a bit less in the mid-bass and lower bass.

Nov 4, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #27 of 449
It's looking pretty good on the chart.:beers:

other interesting thing is they have changed over BA's

All new batch will use ED29689 + sonion unit 33AE011 -(composite mid and low frequency unit).

I wounder how this affects the signature now, if at all?

Nov 4, 2015 at 3:42 AM Post #29 of 449
They are going on sale on the 11th, on alixpress, wohoo... Pretty good savings as well.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-14-MR3-Three-unit-moving-iron-star-earphone-new-style-earbud-stage-monitor-headphone-custom/32302262388.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back