¿Shure SE215 or Klipsch s4i?
Apr 21, 2013 at 7:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Fidolex

New Head-Fier
Hi!, I want buy one of these earphones, but I don't know which one, I hear rock specially linkin park :p  & trance, I want an earphones that highlight  the voices, but also an earphones that has a good bass, so I picked these two earphones .. ¿which should I buy? O: .....
thanks & take care :)

(and sorry for the misspellings that may exist)... :B

Apr 21, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #2 of 6
I have both (original S4) and the se215 is light years ahead. The s4 is pretty good for the price, and gets a lot of use, but the se215 is simply a different league. The s4 is bassier, but it's a muddier bass, and it lacks in mids and separation. The se215 has plenty of bass, but it's refined and tidy. The mids are excellent and the highs are a little rolled off but still enjoyable. Separation is excellent. The S4s are more comfortable to wear though.

Apr 22, 2013 at 3:44 AM Post #3 of 6
First off - http://www.head-fi.org/t/596233/buying-portable-or-in-ear-headphones-seeking-guidance-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-278-iems-compared-astrotec-am-800-dx-60-added-03-31-13-p-659 (writeups on both IEMs which can be a very useful reference point)

Anyways, good bass and vocals - the Shures definitely does bass better in most regards. Note thickness might be a vice against speed, but detailing, texture is easily better. Lower mids are more lush, and while mids are slightly pushed back (though not to the extent of the S4s), they sound more full in comparison (the S4s have a very thin note presentation >1kHz). Treble could go either way - smooth and rolled off on the SE215s, while the S4s are very harsh/strident and peaky/sparkly. Pick your poison.

Open to any other alternatives? Any other criterias we should be aware of? 

Apr 24, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #5 of 6
thank u  for answering too :p ,  I picked these two earphones 'cause these are the only "good" earphones that I can buy in my country, the other ones are really bad (beats,skullcandy,sony...) , but, ¿which earphones would you buy having 100 dlls or less ?.... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back