¿Good sound-isolating headphones?
Mar 30, 2018 at 3:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

DDHector94

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

It's a pleasure to be here for the first time.

Actually I own a Beyerdynamic DT770 80 Ohm and Ath-m50x, running it from my Sound Blaster Z in my PC. The sound quality is good for me, I don't need more (I don't understand a lot of sound).

The issue is with isolation: I don't play music, movies or games through the headphones all the time, and when I am silent I can hear my family when they watch television, and I hate to hear the sound that my computer produces (I can't make it more quieter).

I think this is of course logical, since they were designed as headphones and not as ear muffs/ear defenders.

I'm looking for a headphone somewhere between a decent can (take my DT770's as reference in sound quality) and ear muffs for use at home (mostly on computer) with a maximum budget of 200-300e and if it's possible that they are available in Amazon (spain).

I've selected some candidates, but i have no idea and maybe some more suggestions from other users could be added ?

Bose QC35 // Sony WH1000xm2. (I don't know if I'll take advantage of the sound card with wireless headphones.)
Sennheiser HD 569.
Sennheiser HD 380 Pro.

Thank you so much guys.
(And sorry for my english.)

Mar 30, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #2 of 3
Regarding the active noise cancelling HP's those will work very well at reducing consistent noise (i.e. your PC fans), however it's less good for inconsistent noise (i.e. someone talking) although it does help. You should be able to still use your soundcard if you use the wired mode... if you are wireless, it'll bypass your soundcard and use the in-built DAC/amp. The NC does degrade the SQ somewhat.

Have you considered getting an IEM? I find them much better at sound isolation than closed HPs, assuming your tips fit well.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2018 at 8:22 PM Post #3 of 3
Regarding the active noise cancelling HP's those will work very well at reducing consistent noise (i.e. your PC fans), however it's less good for inconsistent noise (i.e. someone talking) although it does help. You should be able to still use your soundcard if you use the wired mode... if you are wireless, it'll bypass your soundcard and use the in-built DAC/amp. The NC does degrade the SQ somewhat.

Have you considered getting an IEM? I find them much better at sound isolation than closed HPs, assuming your tips fit well.

I prefer to try headphones first, if none convinces me then I'll try the IEM but I admit suggestions. Thank you ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back