¿Beats Tour or Klipsch s4??
Mar 30, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #16 of 24
Quote:
Hi, I want buy one of these earphones, and I was wondering which one are the best?..so ¿which should I buy? which one has better bass? ¿which sounds  louder? the genres that I listen are Rock, Trance, Psychedelic and Hip hop.
thanks 
take care

I would try to go for the V-MODA, the Remix Remote is good, also I have heard the Vibrato is excellent if you could get it around $120 on ebay. It is better than the m80 which goes for $160 bucks. 

Apr 4, 2013 at 2:42 AM Post #17 of 24
I think we may be going way outside his price bracket with $120. I wouldn't call the S4 "crap." It's sibilant, and can be a bit too bassy (new tips from Amazon with a wider bore bring them to life, though. 

Plus, I think Joker's rating on VALUE is based on the S4 being $80. I just got Reference S4s from Amazon for about $42 (with a $10 refund cause my tin was dented). S4 as of late has been at low as like 35 bucks on Amazon, which IMO makes its relative value skyrocket. 

I haven't heard the Monoprice nor seen how comfortable it is/isn't, but I think to recommend it as something for primary use more than something "to try" may be going a little far. Even Joker mentions it more as something to pick up and not feel guilty about if it doesn't work, and based on this shape of the housing it definitely won't work for everyone.

Truth is that the S4 really isn't that bad. At its current price, I see little reason not to grab one if you want something fun. The Monsters are probably going to be too "fun" for anyone around here to recommend. 

Apr 5, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #19 of 24
@Seeky gave good recommendations. FWIW I like the s4s. I think the price drop is because they have replacement lines, ie s42, s5. I found them to sound better with more genres than the monoprice. Plus they are very comfortable.  

Beats tours are very U shaped with the sound curve. Some like it some do not. I didnt like them but you may(and many do). Sound is soooo subjective. I couldn't keep these in muh ears for more than 30 min without discomfort. 

Find a way to listen to them. It really is the only way to know. Order both sets on Amazon FROM AMAZON, not a third party seller. Try em out for 30 days and return the one you don't like or keep them both
tongue_smile.gif

May 18, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #20 of 24
Have you heard of the Velodyne Vpulse iem's before? I never owned them before but I heard they have ginormous bass and decent clarity.
http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/velodyne-vpulse-blue/4505-7877_7-35370110.html

Jul 24, 2014 at 8:52 AM Post #21 of 24
Clearly you's all must like earphones for the looks of them not what they sound like.

I don't know why the ***** you would buy a pair of a Klipsch S4i's for $10. Obviously their fake mate, I brought my in Australia for $129, they sound superb and have been through the wash 10 times and have never lacked sound. I have had them for 2 years now and they are still as good as the day I brought them, the have the best sound quality ever, for the bass fans it will amaze you that a small earphone can create so much bass vibrating your ears.
They are perfect for any type of music.

Don't listen to anyone who suggests others, they are American made not like all your cheap ass earphones, that are made in China. They will last a long time, and always make you happy.

You don't have to buy them but I highly recommend them, don't buy cheap ****. If you have the money it's worth spending and buying Klipsh, Sennheiser, Bowers and Wilkins, Shure or any good brands.

Never ever purchase earphones that are made in China, obviously the company pays cheap labour and uses the cheapest materials to get a year or two out of.
You need to buy earphones where the company takes pride in crafting the most superior quality, which will last a life time.

I hope you understand how frustrating it is that when people tell you 100 different things, I hope you can trust me and buy the Klipsch S4i's (only from a trustworthy company or the Klipsch website). Do not buy them for $10 as they are fake or have been used before.

Jul 24, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #22 of 24
Aug 22, 2015 at 5:10 AM Post #24 of 24
The klipsch s4's would be the better sounding of the two but as others have said you can probably get better for the money like the shure se215's, those are meant to sound fantastic for the price and would deliver the bass you are after

Users who are viewing this thread

Back