¿ The best In-Ear ever made?
Oct 10, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #16 of 65
here's a few high end iem:

tralucent 1plus2
aurisonics asg-2 (i've ordered and waiting for it to come XD)
fitear tg 334

Oct 10, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #17 of 65
Are you specifically looking for IEM's and not custom IEM's?

I agree that with that budget, I would go customs all the way. But it's near impossible to audition customs too, so that can be a factor.

But if you are listening to them 5 hours a day, I would think customs would be more comfortable too. Mine are, for sure.

Oct 11, 2013 at 4:12 AM Post #18 of 65
If you lack of experiences in audio taking a universal set of iems is perhaps better because of the easy way for reselling them and trying different sound signature. But, at this level of investment no one manufacturer is entirely doing ****, you have to be satisfied by the sound qualities but not necessarily by the sound signature. That's why Head Fi exists :p

In choosing custom IEM, if you know what you dislike, you will be satisfied but you have to not be curious.

Oct 11, 2013 at 6:04 AM Post #19 of 65
The best IEM depends on your preference, but the best IEM I have ever heard is the Tralucent 1plus2, followed by the UM Miracle, K3003 and FI-BA-SS. I didn't like the metal FAD ones because they just don't fit for me. Really want to hear the TG334 and IE800 and see if any of those best the 1plus2. 

Oct 12, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #22 of 65
In universal fit IEM you forget the S-EM6 from EarSonics.

If you are looking see at first if you have a custom IEM manufacturer where you are from or in you part of the World, EU or Nord American / ... Faster and perhaps easier for after market.

Oct 14, 2013 at 4:55 AM Post #24 of 65
Hi Jorge Manuel !

You have different brands in EU and I don't know them all, but those are known on the web :

- Earsonics in France, one of my favourite brand in terms of SQ and sympathy
- Vision Ear in Germany, they are no doubt one of the best CIEM maker although I do not try them at the moment. Soon.
- Cosmic Ear in Sweden. They don't have high end but not doubt their flagship is good. No idea about the signature but they have currently too much work.
- Custom Art in Poland, the founder in MOT on Head Fi, Piotrus, undoubtly an artisan of the sound.
- Spiral Ear in Poland, one the best custom IEM maker in the world too, Grzegorz is very nice and very competent, their flagship has 5 sound tubes, 5 ways, 5 BA transducers, yes it's a masterpiece of design, but your ear have to be able to have them ;-/
- Starkey in Norway, their SA43 is famous thanks to Average Joe who has done a good review as his habits.
- Frogbeats in UK, I never heard I can't say anything
- Lime ears in Poland, I just know they do reshell.

My advice is to read the entire comparative review of Average Joe in considering he doesn't have reviewed last products of certain brands though I think he will publish a S-EM6 review.

Oct 14, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #27 of 65
I love silicone so I heartily recommend the SE5...most natural iems I have or have tried. But I think in the same way, the new upcoming flagship from Piotrus at Custom Art is going to be a killer.

Just to clarify if the author does not know wha the abbreviations mean - SE5=Spiral Ear 5-way (flagship from Spiral Ear). In order to buy from Spiral Ear you have to be in EU or have EU based agent.

Oct 14, 2013 at 9:35 AM Post #28 of 65
In order to buy Spiral Ear SE5 you have to have jumbo ears :p

Oct 14, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #29 of 65
jorge manuel, taking into account the amount of money you want to spend on the IEMs take some time and read carefully about various IEMs, including Custom IEMs. The fact that one particular IEM costs tones of money does not necessarily mean that this is the best IEM; much depends on the subjective tastes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back