<£50 IEM's
Aug 13, 2011 at 3:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

JRG1990

Headphoneus Supremus
They will be paired with my nokia n8, my n8 has good headphone driving power it will coupe with <100ohms well. I listen to eletronic music , dubstep , grime and some d&b , so the iem needs to handle bass well, not roll it off too early and not boost it so much it drows out everything else and sounds muddy. Budget is <£50 , the cheaper the better i want to spend the least amount of money possible and still have excellent quality, I use a pair of superlux hd681 as my main cans and they cost me £17.50 and i'm perfectly happy with them.
so far i have

soundmagic E10 , http://www.amazon.co.uk/SoundMagic-Earphones-Colour-SILVER-BLACK/dp/B005ERP0T0/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1313267601&sr=1-4

or

Beyer Dynamnics DTX101 iE

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beyer-Dynamnics-iE-Performance-Earphones/dp/B004LX8XZ6/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1313615229&sr=1-4

Which is best or any other suggestions?.

Aug 13, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #2 of 10
Take a look at the new FCX51s mentioned at the end of this thread

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/553590/fx67-review-a-hidden-gem

Notice how much Katun and I are having to EQ down the bass? As long as your phone has an EQ, they should be ideal for what you want. Otherwise, definitely not!

Aug 17, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:
Take a look at the new FCX51s mentioned at the end of this thread

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/553590/fx67-review-a-hidden-gem

Notice how much Katun and I are having to EQ down the bass? As long as your phone has an EQ, they should be ideal for what you want. Otherwise, definitely not!

I looked into the FCX51 and a couple of others in that thead, it seems they all need eqing to sound good, my phone has a eq but id rather not use it.

Quote:
youll be very had pressed to find anything that will beat the Jazz's at that price.

After reading more reviews about the jazzs, it seems there an excellent iem but there not for me, reviews mention there , relaxed , soft , chilled sounding and lack bass.

Ive narrowed down my choice to the, Soundmagic E10 or Beyer Dynamnics DTX101 iE.

Aug 17, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #5 of 10

Quote:
Ive narrowed down my choice to the, Soundmagic E10 or Beyer Dynamnics DTX101 iE.

Odd choices - there should be a 2-3x price difference between the two, most of which goes towards build quality, comfort, and isolation. If the price difference is negligible to you go for the Beyers but the E10 is fantastic value for money.

Aug 17, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #6 of 10
Sony EX510, EX310 are very good sounding IEMs (crisp, clear, detailed in mids n highs) with deep punchy bass and wide soundstage(fun to listen).

Aug 17, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:
Odd choices - there should be a 2-3x price difference between the two, most of which goes towards build quality, comfort, and isolation. If the price difference is negligible to you go for the Beyers but the E10 is fantastic value for money.

Not really odd choices, from what I have gathered there sound wise there simlar, with soundmagics you get more than what you pay for , i own the Pl11 , with the beyers your probley paying that bit extra for the brand name, but if it's sound signature is more fitting to me than the sound magics then i don't mind paying the extra i also much prefer the design of the beyers.

Quote:
Sony EX510, EX310 are very good sounding IEMs (crisp, clear, detailed in mids n highs) with deep punchy bass and wide soundstage(fun to listen).

The Sony EX510 has great reviews everywhere, it's build quality and isolation seems to let it down though also they look quite big and chunky they look like there uncomfortable to wear.

Aug 18, 2011 at 9:36 AM Post #8 of 10
They are very comfy to wear because they stay in outer ear and built quality is great, they feel solid n sturdy in person and they are light weight(also stay in the ear).

Aug 19, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #9 of 10

Quote:
I looked into the FCX51 and a couple of others in that thead, it seems they all need eqing to sound good, my phone has a eq but id rather not use it.

After reading more reviews about the jazzs, it seems there an excellent iem but there not for me, reviews mention there , relaxed , soft , chilled sounding and lack bass.

in no way do they lack bass, they are rather rich and bassy as both mine as jokers reviews mention.

Aug 23, 2011 at 2:44 PM Post #10 of 10
I went with the Sony EX510, they sound great quite netruel with a slight u curve loads of clarity, there soundstage is quite large for a iem because there semi-open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back