£300 to spend, phones that dont leak.
Dec 16, 2009 at 3:12 PM Post #16 of 24
I can't recommend the Dennons (at least not the markl modded LA2000 I had) as they leak almost as much as the GS-1000 I also had. You can hear what is being played from acreoss the room (at it was not because of excessive listening levels) but it was in a dead quiet bedroom at night.

Dec 17, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #18 of 24
What would you want to upgrade the cable for? Waste of money.

At the most, they might change (that doesn't mean 'better') the sound 5-10%, if at all - yet cost as much or more than the phones to do it - and you haven't even heard them yet.

Dec 17, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #20 of 24
Rubbish. Standard cables are fine.

Anyone who says otherwise is obviously selling cables or has deluded themselves that aftermarket cables make a significant difference.

Cables DO NOT improve sound. They may be able to make tiny tweaks and very subtle changes (which many cable fans on here will extrapolate to massive differences), but that is all. Cost Vs. benefit ratio is pathetic.

Dec 17, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drubbing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rubbish. Standard cables are fine.

Anyone who says otherwise is obviously selling cables or has deluded themselves that aftermarket cables make a significant difference.

Cables DO NOT improve sound. They may be able to make tiny tweaks and very subtle changes (which many cable fans on here will extrapolate to massive differences), but that is all. Cost Vs. benefit ratio is pathetic.

Please don't start a religious war. Statements like this especially when put foreward this strongly can get threads locked down and no argument will changed opinions this strongly held.

Dec 18, 2009 at 8:49 AM Post #23 of 24
Why? Everyone who has dabbled in cables - headphone or amp interconnects - knows these are the last tweak to eek out a fraction amount more of whatever they think they might get from them.

And ultra expensive cables ARE a scam.

If head fi can't handle such a statement, that says more about head fi than it does my opinion.

A newb such as the OP should not be left in any doubt that the cable he buys with his headphone purchase is perfectly suited to the purpose, and not 'rubbish quality' as he has read.

People are here to help. We should be refuting such rubbish for what it is, not feeding the delicate egos of those that spent $1000 on a cable to tame the slightly annoying sibilance on their $1500 headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back