Gold Planar GL1200

General Information

Gold Planar GL1200

Full Frequency True Aluminium Ribbon Driver Headphone​

Untitletd.png

• NOTE: This headphone needs professional audio amplifier to power. We suggest to play with 4ohms load, single track/100Watt.The sound quality is soft and clear, the bass is deepHigh frequency is flexible and excellent. Transient state is outstanding than most headphones. High resolution, broad sound stage. Amp liaison/interface is included as shown in this picture. Also included is speaker wire cables to connect to your own supplied amp with banana plugs.

True Ribbons for A Reason​

The GL1200 is the first True Ribbon headphone from Gold Planar. Highly specialized ribbon drivers are made from aluminium and were developed to reproduce 15Hz to 40kHz bandwidth in order to eliminate the need for sealed chambered bass. In this case, this design allows for open-air baffles (both front and back) for a true full-frequency soundfield.

PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS​

Cable Length: 2 meters

Cable Material: 6N OCC silver-plated cable

Untiteeled.png

2FEC57D1-D83A-4FA1-864C-A58FCFB9E1B8.png

I included a Z-review video capture image to clarify: they come with amp box interface and even cables to connect with banana plugs

Comments

John Massaria

500+ Head-Fier
the box you see allows the headphone to be connected to the amp. The Hedd is a AMT driver and this is a ribbon design. The Air Motion Transformer (AMT) is a type of electroacoustic transducer. Invented by noted physicist and scientist Dr. Oskar Heil (1908–1994), it operates on a different transduction principle from other loudspeaker designs, such as moving coil, planar magnetic or electrostatically driven loudspeakers, and should not be confused with planar or true ribbon loudspeakers. In contrast to a planar ribbon loudspeaker, the diaphragm of the AMT is of pleated shape similar to a bellows.
HEDDphone-ONE-Info-1.jpg

500+ Head-Fier
plus the HEDD has a oddd shaped headband I think and looks strange on top of someones head due to it's shape. The Gold Planar is more head shaped and looks similar to the GL2000 which I love and wrote a review on. I do not work for audio company or distributor - just a a fan

paradoxper

Headphoneus Supremus
Ribbon driver is a dead short. So it's gotta be a interface box like the Raal Sr1A.
It's as if the both of you lack the capability of reading and understanding the structure of a sentence.

If you don't know if the interface box is included, don't retort.

500+ Head-Fier
This headphone needs professional audio amplifier to power. We suggest to play with 4ohms load, single track/100Watt.The sound quality is soft and clear, the bass is deepHigh frequency is flexible and excellent. Transient state is outstanding than most headphonesHigh resolution, broad sound stage. The box is included to make them work with your amp. The amp is not icnluded. Transparency my goal sorry for misunderstanding - I have no affiliation to any distributor or headphone company- I do all my hard work for fans like you and me- no good time but the present - go and listen to some music... relax yall - more detials will come out and thanks for the Chinese video

bluesaint

500+ Head-Fier
This is more like a Raal Requisite sr1a near field speaker headphone. The 9ther model GL850 would be more like the headphone.
Yes, but that's the same question I have as well. The Raal comes with an interface box to connect to an external speaker amp. Does this GL1200 come with that interface box?

meprateek

New Head-Fier

Quoted from the link above.

"The headphones are received and praised. After waiting for a long time, it was not in vain. The details of the sound can be fully revealed, and the sound of the instrument related to the chord can be restored extremely realistically. A high-quality audio cable is also included with the adapter."

bithloman

Head-Fier
according to linsoul also they say they are 0.1 ohms? with no adapter?

02/28/2021

Steven Cadman

Does this come with the adapter to run it off a speaker amp? No headphone amp i know of does 8 ohms 100 watts.

03/03/2021

Hello,
They do not come with any additional adaptors.
Due to the nature of the transducers used in these headphones, we recommend more capable amplifiers to best drive them.

500+ Head-Fier
Any reviews on this headphone yet?
yup
according to linsoul also they say they are 0.1 ohms? with no adapter?

02/28/2021

Steven Cadman

03/03/2021

Hello,
They do not come with any additional adaptors.
THEY COME WITH THE BOX- the box allows you to use the outputs of an amp to the box similar to the Stax SRM-1 MkII which has in and outs so you can return the wires back to your speakers- its basically same as STAX energizer - I just ordered mine should be here any day for review- I will break down how they connect- dont waste your money until a few reviewers do their thing on em- I can say Z was wrong about so many things in past BUT the GoldPlanar GL2000 for me was a huge successful purchase- one of my favs these days and worth the purchase- some copies some people got may not sound as good though from I gather

500+ Head-Fier
sorry I ment to say the Energizer by Stax model SDR-7 NOT the SRM1MkII . I had both. I owned the Lambdas before and loved them but couldn't handle the old worries of them one day never being serviced if they failed so I sold them and regret it to this day- plus I didnt like how they always needed to be left in a static free bag- awful worry when you have dogs. The SR-Lambdas were very much like having my Magnepan 3.6r on your ears but with less bass than the Magnepans (SR-Lambdas Originals).