Woo Wes or BHSE
May 1, 2016 at 3:16 AM Post #76 of 161
I know this is a very old post but I didn't want to start another one and just have everyone just rehash the same opinions. I struggled trying to decide between the WES and BHSE and at the end of the day I decide to just get both. Being new to the headfi hobby, I'm still trying to figure my way around. Unfortunately there just aren't stores or meets where I can demo high end headphones in my area so the only way I get to try out the equipment is to buy them. 

May 1, 2016 at 10:40 AM Post #77 of 161
  I know this is a very old post but I didn't want to start another one and just have everyone just rehash the same opinions. I struggled trying to decide between the WES and BHSE and at the end of the day I decide to just get both. Being new to the headfi hobby, I'm still trying to figure my way around. Unfortunately there just aren't stores or meets where I can demo high end headphones in my area so the only way I get to try out the equipment is to buy them. 

Capitol audio fest happens every year in DC, in early July.

May 24, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #81 of 161
May 24, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #83 of 161
Check out the InnerFidelity review on the Woo WES vs the BHSE. From a technical viewpoint, the WES uses an output stage with chokes, the BHSE uses current sources. The latter is a technically superior solution IMHO, because with a choke, the output tube has to work harder to drive the headphones than with current sources, resulting in intrinsically higher distortion, even assuming a perfect choke (HA!). Also, the BHSE has a regulated power supply, the WES power supply is unregulated, which is less technically sophisticated, and cheaper.

May 25, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #85 of 161
Guess it's pretty clear, wow have never heard such negative things about the WES, sucks...Woo Audio is my favorite company ever...

I have both. I like both. I will keep both. There are several of us here that have both of them. The WES definitely does NOT suck. I prefer it with my 009's. With RCA 5691 drivers and XF2 output tubes ($$$) who the f---k cares whether there are caps in the line and output chokes. It is an old school design and like all old dogs, they have a character not otherwise obtainable. I think the WES rocks and so will you, let those tubes warm up and have a good time. A lot of fun for those inclined to tube rolling.

Having said that, the BHSE is more a purely transparent vessel and the best I have heard depending on your source. With the BHSE you can get away with lesser transducers. I like the SR L700 and the 507's. Believe me, your toes will be a tappin'.

What else is there?

Don't over-analyzed the scenery. Just take in the view.

Enjoy the music.

May 25, 2017 at 11:40 PM Post #86 of 161
The WES is just a poor stopgap; best to avoid this and invest in something worthwhile.

May 26, 2017 at 12:11 AM Post #88 of 161
Hey, If you like the WES, more to you. It sucks.

Last edited:
May 26, 2017 at 12:31 AM Post #90 of 161
sure hate to burst your bubble. Nothing here is an "investment".
OK, you assign very strict meaning to certain words. But some of the stuff around here either goes up in value or holds within 85% for a long time, all while giving enjoyment to their owners. And a lot of "investments" go down, while not rendering any good times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back